Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

10.4 this morning so 2lbs off this week. 1/4 of the way to the birthday target and 5 weeks to go. Whoop whoop!xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done! Brilliant first week back on plan! :) x

Thanks hun! Just planning my green day for tomorrow :)

B - overnight oats hexb1 with strawberries
L - pea soup with hexb2 ryvita and hexa1 light Philly
D - either mushroom curry and rice or asparagus risotto with hexa2 Parmesan
Snacks - jelly (0.5 syns), melon, banana. 2 pink wafers (4 syns)

Ugh...worken up with really swollen glands and a funny throat as well as a call from my mum at 6am to say my Grannie is in hospital. She had a really bad nosebleed late last night, probably caused by her blood pressure being over 200. So worried about her but if I might have a cold/throat thing I can't go and see her, which is really frustrating. I was in such a fluster when I left the house, I forgot to pick up my soup so I only have Ryvita and Philly for lunch. It's not like I'll waste away or anything, but I'm gonna be starving by dinner time!

But on a brighter note, the sun is shining so I can't complain too much. Hope everyone has lovely Tuesdays.

xx

Ugh...worken up with really swollen glands and a funny throat as well as a call from my mum at 6am to say my Grannie is in hospital. She had a really bad nosebleed late last night, probably caused by her blood pressure being over 200. So worried about her but if I might have a cold/throat thing I can't go and see her, which is really frustrating. I was in such a fluster when I left the house, I forgot to pick up my soup so I only have Ryvita and Philly for lunch. It's not like I'll waste away or anything, but I'm gonna be starving by dinner time!

But on a brighter note, the sun is shining so I can't complain too much. Hope everyone has lovely Tuesdays.

xx

Aww lovely, hope your Grannie is ok. These oldies are such a worry arent they :( :bighug:
Boo to forgetting soup.....I made another batch last night! But...you can just have it as a starter to your curry or risotto!
Xxx

Hope grannie is ok hun xx

Thanks girls - much appreciated :) Yep 92 year olds are definitely a worry, but I'm very lucky to have 2 of them in my life...I'm not sure I want to get that old though! lol xx

Made the most amazing asparagus risotto for dinner but was so hungry after seeing Grannie I gobbled it before taking a photo! Lol.

Green again tomorrow (are we gonna have a fully veggie week? That'd be a first!)
B - Banoffee overnight oats (hexb1)
L - rice salad
D - Pea and mint soup with hexb2 ryvita with hexa1 Philly light
Snacks - jelly (0.5 syns), melon, 2 pink wafers (4 syns)

xx

Aw hope Grannie's doing better, and well done for staying on plan when you have a distraction like that xx

Thank you honey :) Luckily there's tonnes of free/super free in the house, so no excuses!

Scales are still showing 10.4 today - I'm starting to wonder if Green days aren't good for me? Perhaps I should go red? Was trying to budget this week as had a bit of a clothes splurge and now need to be sensible with money for the rest of the month! lol.

xx

Aww thanks sweety!

I simmered 2 cloves of chopped garlic and a chopped onion in about 400ml veg stock for about 20 minutes 'til they were all syrupy. Then added 400g frozen peas probably about 500ml water, a handful of fresh mint from the garden, a little salt and loads of black pepper and simmered for 10-15 minutes. Then blitzed. Simples :)

xx

Oh lovely, I will definitely try that, it sounds simple and lovely. Can't wait now, I'll put the ingredients on my shopping list for this week.

Hope your nanny is OK, I have had a year of it with my nanny being in hospital on and off and you just feel so helpless. My grandad is now in hospital. the circle of life is just really sad to think about sometimes :(

Any nice plans for the weekend?

Aww poor you honey. Yeah it's really hard to watch them be poorly - you really do feel helpless. I do try really hard to make the most of spending time with them (I just have my two nan's left).

We were supposed to be seeing Elton John in Hyde Park with my Dad on Friday night but he's poorly (Elton, not dad!) and has pulled out so instead I think we might head down to the coast for a walk along the seafront and a nice dinner somewhere. Then on Saturday we're going to some friends in Henley for dinner and staying over 'til Sunday.

How about you?xx

Scales are still showing 10.4 today - I'm starting to wonder if Green days aren't good for me? Perhaps I should go red? Was trying to budget this week as had a bit of a clothes splurge and now need to be sensible with money for the rest of the month! lol.

When I first started SW my group leader said that she had noticed over the years, coincidence or not, that people that did mostly Green lost weight a bit more slowly than those doing mostly EE or Original but that they did notice a bigger difference in their shape. I like to believe it's true and that's the reason for my slow weightloss recently... ;) x

Aww poor you honey. Yeah it's really hard to watch them be poorly - you really do feel helpless. I do try really hard to make the most of spending time with them (I just have my two nan's left).

We were supposed to be seeing Elton John in Hyde Park with my Dad on Friday night but he's poorly (Elton, not dad!) and has pulled out so instead I think we might head down to the coast for a walk along the seafront and a nice dinner somewhere. Then on Saturday we're going to some friends in Henley for dinner and staying over 'til Sunday.

How about you?xx

Oh that sounds lovely. What a pity that Elton John is sick, I would love to see him in concert. I'm going to Michael Buble next Tuesday and I cannot wait for it. The best part is that I won the tickets off a radio station :)

Hope your nanny will be home soon, and you're right about spending time with them and making the most of it, I'm the exact same with my nanny who is 86.

x

What an evening. Poor Grannie was in a bit of a state - physically much better but mentally so confused. She was convinced they kept moving her around when she was asleep. Horrible.

Stayed with her for over 2 hours in the end so didn't have any tea. Had 3 more of those little wafers for 4.5 syns and that's me done for the day.

Currently making a mushroom curry for tomorrow nights dinner!

Another green day tomorrow;
B - yoghurt with strawbs
L - pea soup. Ryvita. Philly - hexa
D - mushroom curry with rice
Snacks - banana
Syns - wine tasting in the evening!!

Bless her, it's very disorientating for the elderly being somewhere so unfamiliar. Hope she is ok x
When my nan was in hospital they actually did keep moving her around when she was asleep. 5 times out of the 7 days she was in we went to the ward we left her and she'd gone, when we found where she was she was confused as anything
Having woken up with a room full of new people each morning, no idea what they were playing at!
Any idea how long she will be in? Did they manage to get her blood pressure back under control? X

Oh bless her - what a nightmare. She's been lucky enough to get a private room but I don't think that's helping with the disorientation. Her blood pressure is better than it was - they think the nose bleed was her body's way of releasing the pressure. Hopefully she will be coming home tomorrow :) xx

Back