Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Hello gorge! I'm planning a night in with the mag tomorrow eve so I shall let you know! I saw a photo of something on here from it and it looked lush, although I can't for the life of me remember what it was!

Any news on the interview front? Still got toes crossed ;)

Red Bull has kicked in and I'm bouncing off the walls! Slightly nervous about the crash later, but at least most of my meetings are over for the day. I've got a 121 with my manager this afternoon but I think she's prepared for me to be mental/asleep!

Have you and Robbie got some lovely couple-y stuff planned for this weekend as he was away last week?

xx

You are all so lovley, ladies - thank you. We've both got Monday off after his trip (he gets back Sunday afternoon) so hopefully we can talk lots and see what we can sort out. I'm feeling weirdly ok at the moment - maybe I'm a bit in denial. I don't know. But anyway, it means I'm fine and on plan, which is always good. A loss on the scales is always good to keep a smile on one's face!

Hope you're all having lovely sunny hump days! xx

Oh Sarah, you really are being such a positive little fairy. I really envy you. I find it very hard to stay positive and get on with things when i'm upset. I am a super-emotional person though, God love my OH right?

I really feel for you right now but it seems that at least being on speaking terms when he left was a huge relief. Not talking or saying goodbye would have been awful. Are you likely to be texting when he's away or will it be no contact till he's home on Monday?

When you say 'make a plan' do you mean there is a chance it could break you guys up? Just if you need anyone to talk to you could always email me. Not being nosey just worried I missed something as I didn't realise it was so serious!

Redbull seems to be helping you cope with the work day anyway, lol! Your dinner sounds FAB tonight. Is it just me or does risotto take forever to make? Last time I spent what seemed like ages stirring and stirring. Is it from a certain cookbook? Must get in to actually using my cookbooks. I'm terrible, I love buying them but I have yet to actually try a recipe. I love Jamie though (how casual lol). I was watching 15 minute meals last week and I love that he is all about quick but healthy. He made a creamy mushroom soup and instead of using cream he put some white rice in to the pot to cook with it and when he blended the soup it went super creamy. I thought that was so creative and different. I plan on trying it soon.

*hug for you*

xxxx

Aww what a lovely post - thanks so much honey. I'm feeling loads better today but it's so nice knowing you're there if I need a rant! We'll be texting a bit, but probably not much - he'll just let me know in the evenigs when they've got to their hotels safely etc. They are already well on the way to the ferry which they're catching this evening, which is good and it sounds like he's having a great time. I think the days away will do us both good.

Breaking up has definitely been on the cards this week, but I think we both know we love each other to pieces and can't imagine spending the rest of our lives with anybody else. It's been a tough time, but I'm pretty confident we can come out of the other side stronger for it.

I adore Jamie Oliver too - he makes some awesome dishes. This recipe is from is Jamie's Italy book - I can take a photo on my phone and send it to you if you like? It takes about half an hour to make, so not too bad, and it's so delicious! Dave said it was as good as a restuarant dish last time I made it! His 30/15 minute meals are brilliant - I've been watching the series as they've been showing it on one of the food channels, haven't they. He's so watchable, bless him. Loving that soup idea - I've got the 30 mins meal book - I'll have to dig it out.

Big hugs right back at you, and a virtual punch in the face for your moron of a boss!!!

xxx

Hey lovely, am really glad to hear things are a bit better between you and your other half today, even if you are totally shattered as a result! :) Your food for tonight sounds yummy - I've got that Jamie's Italy book but haven't used it in years (there's literally one dish that I can make from it which I do regularly!), so might have to dig it out and get inspired again xx

I hadn't used it for a while either but fancied risotto the other week and it was my first port of call - it's just his 'white risotto', I think it's called, and I just added asparagus. You could add whatever you had in the fridge, though and I'm sure it would be jummy! Just replace butter with fry light and Bob's your uncle! :D

I might try and resist wolfing it down long enough to take a photo of it tonight - I was too hungry last time! Such a gannett...xx

Aww what a lovely post - thanks so much honey. I'm feeling loads better today but it's so nice knowing you're there if I need a rant! We'll be texting a bit, but probably not much - he'll just let me know in the evenigs when they've got to their hotels safely etc. They are already well on the way to the ferry which they're catching this evening, which is good and it sounds like he's having a great time. I think the days away will do us both good.

Breaking up has definitely been on the cards this week, but I think we both know we love each other to pieces and can't imagine spending the rest of our lives with anybody else. It's been a tough time, but I'm pretty confident we can come out of the other side stronger for it.

I adore Jamie Oliver too - he makes some awesome dishes. This recipe is from is Jamie's Italy book - I can take a photo on my phone and send it to you if you like? It takes about half an hour to make, so not too bad, and it's so delicious! Dave said it was as good as a restuarant dish last time I made it! His 30/15 minute meals are brilliant - I've been watching the series as they've been showing it on one of the food channels, haven't they. He's so watchable, bless him. Loving that soup idea - I've got the 30 mins meal book - I'll have to dig it out.

Big hugs right back at you, and a virtual punch in the face for your moron of a boss!!!

xxx

Hiya Love :)

There really is nothing worse than that feeling, but I can tell that you guys will totally be the better of it after a few days. Sometimes things need to go down before they come up you know. You'll have little mini Sarah's before you know it ;)

I really admire your attitude though, you seem like a really strong girl. How long have you been together?

Haha thanks, he is here now and I'm glancing at the clock every 5 mins. Gonna keep the head down now and hopefully the day flies. Though tomorrow we're working together all morning and afternoon to get a job done. I can just about handle small talk nevermind hours of intense talk. Grrr.

What do you work at? My job is sales so at the moment I'm hoping a miracle happens in the next week or so to up my sales before pay day. For the sake of avoiding the lecture from my boss but mainly just to up my wages because this month I have London, Spain, looooads of bills and I owe money to people also. Fingers crossed eh?

Hope you enjoy the sunshine - I just sat out in it for my lunch with a can of diet coke and I swear it was so blissful!

xxx

It was heavenly outside, wasn't it! I sat outside on the grass with my team eating leftover lasagne and it was amazing. Really perks you up ready for the afternoon ahead.

I work in marketing account management for the loyalty part of British Airways. I love it here and it's such a change from my last job (the job itself was fine but the company was a total and utter nightmare!). I really feel for you being under such pressure and as I said, I know exactly how you feel. I would be registering my CV with every agency in a 20 mile radius trying to escape!! I honestly would keep your eyes open hun - sounds like the place is really bad for you and I can't see it changing however hard you try. I know that sounds negative, but I've been there. You're a tough l'il cookie too though, and you seem to be coping really well. Just don't let it make you poorly - I ended up with every symptom of stress on the NHS website by the time I left my hell-hole.

I've been with the OH for 2 1/2 years - so not that long in the grand scheme of things, but we moved in together after just a few months - it has always just felt right. We knew each other through his sister so we weren't strangers before although I didn't know him well beforehand. It hasn't been completely plain sailing as my ex (of 7 years) was a total **** and left me with quite a few issues which I've projected at times onto poor Dave. I'm a bit of a control freak at times, which can't be easy to live with. I do feel like he's my soulmate though and we have the best time together. I'm so not ready to throw in the towel over one horrible night, however nasty it was.

xxx

It was heavenly outside, wasn't it! I sat outside on the grass with my team eating leftover lasagne and it was amazing. Really perks you up ready for the afternoon ahead.

I work in marketing account management for the loyalty part of British Airways. I love it here and it's such a change from my last job (the job itself was fine but the company was a total and utter nightmare!). I really feel for you being under such pressure and as I said, I know exactly how you feel. I would be registering my CV with every agency in a 20 mile radius trying to escape!! I honestly would keep your eyes open hun - sounds like the place is really bad for you and I can't see it changing however hard you try. I know that sounds negative, but I've been there. You're a tough l'il cookie too though, and you seem to be coping really well. Just don't let it make you poorly - I ended up with every symptom of stress on the NHS website by the time I left my hell-hole.

I've been with the OH for 2 1/2 years - so not that long in the grand scheme of things, but we moved in together after just a few months - it has always just felt right. We knew each other through his sister so we weren't strangers before although I didn't know him well beforehand. It hasn't been completely plain sailing as my ex (of 7 years) was a total **** and left me with quite a few issues which I've projected at times onto poor Dave. I'm a bit of a control freak at times, which can't be easy to live with. I do feel like he's my soulmate though and we have the best time together. I'm so not ready to throw in the towel over one horrible night, however nasty it was.

xxx

Your really giving me the boost I need. I know you are totally right. I have to sort of break the day up in to little sections and find ways of getting through it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being absolutely treated like crap but it's just the entire company. Exactly what you said. It's completely never going to change because the accountant who is here 6 years said it's getting worse rather than better. I'm the third person in this role in the past 3 years. The trend seems to be to stay for a year or a year and a half, and it seems as though I'll be feeding in to that too. I'm here exactly a year now. Leaving would be HORRIBLE because, as crazy as it sounds I actually left before and CAME BACK. I got an opportunity to work as a drama teacher in a creche and I was SO happy about it. I left here and it was a nasty experience where he was clearly so shocked and annoyed. Then I started the 'drama teacher job' (see where this is going) and it turned out to be a sham. The creche ended up being on national news in Ireland because of their poor childcare standards that has been discovered in an under cover investigation where things were filmed like staff cursing at children and all sorts of horrible things. It literally broke me. I came home crying every day. Eventually one Friday it just got too much and I never returned. I was unemployed for 4/5 days and applying for jobs here, there and everywhere. Eventually I realised that in comparison to the creche my old job wasn't so bad. I was worried about how I'd cope financially so on a whim I emailed my old boss (current one again) and explained what had happened. Miraculously he took me back (and more or less fired the girl he's hired to replace me, poor girl) so at the time I was SO happy and just felt so lucky. I've now been back 4 months and it's all come flooding back. I think eventually it will get worse than it was. I mean, I was always coming back with my tail between my legs but at the start I felt stronger and I was being sort of left alone to do my work. Now I am cleaning up messes that HE makes constantly and there is such a lack of structure in here. He changes the rules constantly and then doesn't remember changing them. It is SO disorganised and I can't cope with that.

An aside issue is that when I actually applied for the job it was an 'admin assistant' role. They had two jobs advertised and the other was telesales and sales. Iw would never have applied for that. I interviewed and he hired me but what he actually hired me for was sales. It was always disaster really. I'd never work in sales again. I just want out!

It's so hard to know what the right thing to do is, isn't it? Especially in a recession when your supposed to appreciate any job.

My degree is English and Philosophy and my masters is Drama and Performance Studies. random eh? Seems natural to go in to the performance industry/entertainment industry as my masters supports it. Hopefully it'll all work out.

2.5 years is long hun :) OH (Peter, don't know why I go along with the whole OH thing, I'm just paranoid that this is public) are together 3.5 years. We moved in together in January. We've had our ups and down too (particularly recently over the whole Canada thing) but all in all we love eachother to pieces. When you say a 'horrible night' I can probably relate. We've had a few nasty rows! Unless he did something awful like hit you or cheat on you, I say all is forgiveable and hopefully this will be a wake up call for him for whatever part he played.

I am EXACTLY like you, total control freak. I too have baggage from my ex-boyfriend of 4 years. We were together from when I was 16-20 so all my formative years, end of school, most of college, and he ended up cheating on me when he went on holiday so I have huge issues around trust, abandonment and people lying to me. Makes me really paranoid. I have my moments but all in all I'm trying to be a better person and not let this relationship suffer over it.

When we met I was 20, carefree, funny and silly, easy-going. Now I can be very serious, a worrier, naggy and a control freak. Imagine that amplified by a million since we moved in together with the extra stuff like bills, house work, hormones etc. It's something I'm really thinking a lot about lately. A bit of nagging and negativity can turn in to regular arguements that eventually can turn in to huge ones where both parties are wrong, but it's interesting to look at where they all start. Unfortunately when I look deep, a lot of the time they start by me, and yet I HATE fighting. I'm learning a lot!

xxx

Crikey, we're like peas in a pod, missy! I can totally relate to everything you've said about both work and personal life. My ex was a musican and a cheating swine, but I was 18 when we met and let him get away with far too much for far too long. It's made me a stronger person in some ways, but a nightmare in others. I'm so lucky to have a man who absolutely worships me now, he's a great cook, he does more than his fair share of the housework - he's so perfect in so many ways and yet I still nag him. Poor boy!

xxx

Crikey, we're like peas in a pod, missy! I can totally relate to everything you've said about both work and personal life. My ex was a musican and a cheating swine, but I was 18 when we met and let him get away with far too much for far too long. It's made me a stronger person in some ways, but a nightmare in others. I'm so lucky to have a man who absolutely worships me now, he's a great cook, he does more than his fair share of the housework - he's so perfect in so many ways and yet I still nag him. Poor boy!

xxx

Is his name Peter? haha! Sounds like my man for sure. He is a fab cook, treats me so good, always helps with the house work, and he is SO funny and easy going. I need someone like him to calm me down lol :)

Thank you for sharing your diary, I love reading about your meals, gives me lots of ideas! Also reading about your relationship issues has made me feel a bit more 'normal' - my other half and I seem to be going through a rough patch (been together six years) and getting fed up of hearing about my friends' 'perfect relationships'! Hope it all works out for you x

Is his name Peter? haha! Sounds like my man for sure. He is a fab cook, treats me so good, always helps with the house work, and he is SO funny and easy going. I need someone like him to calm me down lol :)

Haha. Mine's a Dave :) And he balances me out perfectly too. Just had a lovely call from him as he was getting on the ferry so I'm a happy girl xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for sharing your diary, I love reading about your meals, gives me lots of ideas! Also reading about your relationship issues has made me feel a bit more 'normal' - my other half and I seem to be going through a rough patch (been together six years) and getting fed up of hearing about my friends' 'perfect relationships'! Hope it all works out for you x

Aww thank you lovely. Glad it helped you :) I can't see stats on my phone but how's your sw journey going? All good I hope. And really hope the OH issues sort themselves out soon xx

Aww thank you lovely. Glad it helped you :) I can't see stats on my phone but how's your sw journey going? All good I hope. And really hope the OH issues sort themselves out soon xx

I joined SW 8 months ago and have lost 3 stone 3lbs - my target is to loose another half a stone but struggling to lose at the moment! Just about to go to group now and know I have gained! You are very focused, I admire you for that! PS. My OH is a dave also! x

I joined SW 8 months ago and have lost 3 stone 3lbs - my target is to loose another half a stone but struggling to lose at the moment! Just about to go to group now and know I have gained! You are very focused, I admire you for that! PS. My OH is a dave also! x

Wow! You've done amazingly well! I've had too many weeks off for both work and pleasure stuff so it has taken me over a year to lose my 2.5st but I'm hopefully almost there now! I've never been to group but it seems to help so many people - hopefully it'll get you to target really soon :) x

Planning another green day for tomorrow - had another almost veggie week!

B - overnight oats hexb with strawberries
L - leftover lasagne with salad 1/2 hexa and b
D - rice salad
Snacks - banana, melon, raspberries. Caramel bunny - 5 syns. Skinny cappuccino - hexa2

Busy day at with then meeting a friend for coffee after. Then I've got a date with a caramel bunny and the new sw mag and I can't wait!

Shopping with mum on Saturday morning, then hairdressers then seeing my nan. Not sure about the evening, will probably spend it with my parents. Will need to plan carefully to stick to plan for lunch and dinner. Night have mum and dad over to mine for a sw friendly feast of some sort.

Chilling and housework Sunday morning, then Dave flies into gatwick mid-afternoon. He will be shattered so might make a nice curry or chilli which can be heated up whenever he's hungry.

And I've got Monday off. Woo!!! Probably out for lunch to celebrate him doing Copenhagen but somewhere on plan!

Happy nearly Friday everyone! xx

Super sleepy still today! My friend didn't leave til 11.30 so by the time I had loaded the dishwasher it was midnight and I woke up again just after 5am. Does anyone else not sleep very well when their OH isn't there, or is it just me? One night alone didn't, two to go. He should be halfway to Denmark by now.

Hopefully my day at work will fly by! Here's hoping, anyway! I have a nice food day planned, which I'm looking forward to, plus I'm catching up with a very good friend after work. Definitely hoping for some proper chill time after that though - I need it!

Happy Friday lovely ladies! Thank you all for getting me through this rather traumatic week!!xxx

Re: Miss Sarah's final countdown to target and the dirty thirties!

Morning gorgeous! Sounds like a nice weekend ahead planned for you (especially the friends, shopping and hairdresser parts ;)) don't forget to catch some rays at the same time!

I'm the same when I have to sleep alone, always a problem. First night is the worst but it does get easier. At least you have your little fluffy kitty to keep you company :)

Glad to hear you a lot more positive too, was really starting to get worried about you. Have a good day sweetie xxx

Morning gorgeous! Sounds like a nice weekend ahead planned for you (especially the friends, shopping and hairdresser parts ;)) don't forget to catch some rays at the same time!

I'm the same when I have to sleep alone, always a problem. First night is the worst but it does get easier. At least you have your little fluffy kitty to keep you company :)

Glad to hear you a lot more positive too, was really starting to get worried about you. Have a good day sweetie xxx

Thanks poppet. It was really tough but I think we're coming out the other side. Really don't know how I would have coped without you beauties here! Can't thank you enough.

Yep the kitty was good company last night. Cuddly little monster! You so need to get one in your life ;)

What are you up to this weekend? Another mad one?xx

Back