Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Well I haven't eaten a whole bowl of the soup yet but the bit I tried last night was nice!

Fry onion, garlic and bag of carrots in fry light, add 2tsp red curry paste (mine was Waitrose - 2 syns and I got 4 portions out of it), a stock cube and boiling water and simmer til the carrots are cooked. Then blitz, season well and I threw in a handful of spinach at the end because it's my fave and it wilts perfectly as the soup cools.

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So going for another green day today:
B - Muller Greek (1/2) with strawbs
L - leftover pasta bake (hexa1 feta)
D - sweet potato curry (sweet pots, peas, peppers, spinach - 2 syns for creme fraiche) with rice
Snacks - banana, Alpen light, muller light, 2 pink wafers (4 syns)

Happy hump days all!xxx

Well I haven't eaten a whole bowl of the soup yet but the bit I tried last night was nice!

Fry onion, garlic and bag of carrots in fry light, add 2tsp red curry paste (mine was Waitrose - 2 syns and I got 4 portions out of it), a stock cube and boiling water and simmer til the carrots are cooked. Then blitz, season well and I threw in a handful of spinach at the end because it's my fave and it wilts perfectly as the soup cools.

xx

Sounds perf! And I guess you could swirl through some ff nat yog or coconut milk light for a creamy version... lush! Xx

So going for another green day today:
B - Muller Greek (1/2) with strawbs
L - leftover pasta bake (hexa1 feta)
D - sweet potato curry (sweet pots, peas, peppers, spinach - 2 syns for creme fraiche) with rice
Snacks - banana, Alpen light, muller light, 2 pink wafers (4 syns)

Happy hump days all!xxx

Another great day planned there sweetie!
Happy hump day xx

Ooh sounds very doable! I might give it ago next week! Let us know how the whole bowl goes! It's kind of a thai carrot soup! Fab food day planned! Yum! Loving the sound of dinner too! Do you use a million ingredients (spices etc) for your curry or is it fairly straightforward? It's the one thing that puts me off making curries! The korma in the new mag is very simple though! Did you get it? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I didn't get down to Tesco for the new mag - will try and sneak down later although currently writing a big presentation for my boss (and shouldn't be on here! lol)

I use a SW recipe (if you google Slimming World chicken curry it's the top result) for all my curries - it has a few spices in but not loads and it's super duper easy to make. From memory it's coriander, cumin, hot chilli powder, a few cardomum pods and a little stick of cinnamon (if you have any). So probably stuff you've got in the cupboard anyway, or you could replace most of it with garam masala if you wanted to!

xx

Welcome back beautiful lady :)

It looks like you really are back on it 100%! Good for you! You can so do this

and food is looking divine, nom nom nom nom xxxx

Thanks Jess - it's nice to be back. It's a shame I had to put on a stone to kick my flabby ass back into touch but at least I'm here now and determined to get back down to a weight I'm comfortable with.

I'm so lucky to have all you gorgeous girls who never give up on me no matter how many times I fall off the wagon and come back again! xx

We never ever would give up on you xxxx

I'm so lucky to have all you gorgeous girls who never give up on me no matter how many times I fall off the wagon and come back again! xx

I've been there myself so many times but you know you can do this and you'll be knocking off those 13lb in no time :) xx

<3 you guys

Right faux Friday, let's be having you! I'm working from home today so think I'm going to do a fast day...just trying to work out what I want:
B - Muller Light (99cals) with 6 strawbs (20 cals)
L - hard boiled egg (90 cals) with 2 slices of ham (50 cals) plus tomatoes and cucumber (need to check cals!) - or possibly banana pancakes (made with 1 90 cal egg and 1 100 cal banana)
D - 50g smoked salmon (80 cals) with 1 ryvita (35 cals) and 1 extra light cheese triangle (24 cals)
I think that's about 400 so I've still got a bit of leeway for something extra.

Yeah I reckon that's do-able! With plenty of camomile tea to keep me going, of course! Scales are 1.5lbs down from Tuesday and I've got a fab food weekend planned with the only opportunity to go off plan being out with my parents for a beachy walk on Sunday when I know they will want fish and chips. I will just have fish (no batter) and mushy peas, so that's fine. Then I've got some of my favourite relatives visiting for afternoon tea on Monday. Planning to make cupcakes as they are my auntie's fave but will also do some little meringues so I can have a couple of those and be well within syns. Gosh I love being back in control!

Hope your days fly by, lovely ladies - I can almost taste the 4 day weekend!!!

xxx

Last edited:
Wasn't hungry first thing so have decided to make today a brunch and mid-afternoon meal day today - hoping that'll make the 500 cals seem more than enough.

Brunch - banana pancakes (190 cals) - looked ugly as heck but taste AMAZING!!!!
Lunch - meeting an old colleague at Costa so will have a black Earl Grey or a fruit tea (0 cals!)
Mid afternon - 2 ryvita (70 cals) with 60 grams cooked chicken (60g) and 1 ex light cheese triangle (25 cals)
Evening - going to do some late night shopping with my Mum at 6ish so won't be home til 8.30 and might not need anything before bed, but I'll have 150 cals left so I can have some strawberries for a sweet snack or some ham/chicken slices for savoury.

Totally in love with these banana pancakes - these are deffo going to be my new favourite weekend breakfast! Dave will love them too - perfect fuel for when he's off on a long cycle ride! xx

Last edited:
Yep, you mash a banana, beat an egg then mix them together with a pinch of baking powder. Mine were a bit runny so ended up a bit of a mess rather than very neat cakes (I probably should have added half the egg first then added more gradually!) but they were SO tasty!! xx

Ah maybe I didn't need to? It was literally a pinch so probably not enough to do anything anyway. Will put up a pic in a sec - they weren't pretty but damn they were tasty! xx

Here you go;

image-3490343339.jpg

Try doing it in cupcake form too with (naughty) dark choc chips. A really good low calorie snack xxxx.

Back