Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Oh Sarah, It's awful when you feel like everything is tumbling on top of you, I'm sure it will all get sorted.
I would agree with Pippalata about contacting the financial ombudsman about Dave's situation.

Try not to let it all get to you honeypie, Big hugs.
xxxxxxxxx

Thanks lovely ones. You bring a tear to my over-emotional eye!

Plan tonight is to write to the ombudsman. Santandar are totally incompetent, lying scumbags! It makes me so cross!!

Pip, you're so right - Mum loves the girlie time with me, and I do with her. Wouldn't change it for anything, it's just another thing on the list.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I'm a really lucky girl. Just having a bit of a down few days...having the coil, I never get a visit from mother nature, so I think maybe it's hormonal, I just don't realise it because I don't have a cycle? TMI? Sorry!!

xxxx

I'm the same with the implant... I think it's hormones as it feels like I'm feeling different and not reacting my usual way... but then I can't be sure!!!

I got the financial ombudsman involved once when an insurance company were refusing to pay out over the most ridiculous thing. I didn't write to the ombudsman, I phoned them up, explained the situation and asked if I had a case. Whilst on the phone, the guy wrote a letter on their headed paper on my behalf and sent it to them (cuts out having to wait for an outcome?) and low and behold... a week later my insurance was settled. I'd try giving them a call in case it speeds it up and gives you one less thing to think about :) xx

Thanks lovely ones. You bring a tear to my over-emotional eye!

Plan tonight is to write to the ombudsman. Santandar are totally incompetent, lying scumbags! It makes me so cross!!

Pip, you're so right - Mum loves the girlie time with me, and I do with her. Wouldn't change it for anything, it's just another thing on the list.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I'm a really lucky girl. Just having a bit of a down few days...having the coil, I never get a visit from mother nature, so I think maybe it's hormonal, I just don't realise it because I don't have a cycle? TMI? Sorry!!

xxxx

Aww lovely, thats one reason why I love this place - all the support is amazing.
I used to work for them - well Abbey National and yes I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them - It used to amaze us what they could get away with!
I love going to the gym with my mum - which sounds mental I know, but it gives us time to catch up and chat - whilst sweating on a treadmill!!!

Oh bless you - stupid hormones - I hope you feel better soon darling. xxxxx

I agree with lil, give the FOS a call and talk it through with a helpful human! :)

I know exactly what you mean with the coil...implant and progesterone only pill have the same effect and sometimes it's just like your hormones need a release and throw you completely off kilter for a few days when you'd normally be managing things fine.

How's your Grannie doing? What's her thoughts on being in a home? Can you plan your week out a little to help yourself feel a bit more
Organised and in control? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Awesome advice as always girlies. Need to come up with a plan although I was working 'til 8.30pm last night then went straight to bed. Now had another random project thrown at me which has to go to the head of department by COP today, plus a massive project brief which I'm helping my boss with. It's gonna be a long day! I will get my head 'round it all...just don't seem to be able to keep on plan as well!

Grannie is getting more and more confused by the day. We need to get her assessed by social services, but my Mum rang them and the guy on the phone was very unpleasant so she's now gone right off the idea! Which doesn't help because it's going to take us ages to find a home that we like and can't afford to wait any longer. Mum's getting up at 4.30am, getting to work at 6am, working til 3pm (in between phone calls to Grannie to talk her through how to make a cup of tea, remember to take her tablets etc.), going straight to Grannie's 'til 7pm to cook her dinner and clean up etc., then going home and cooking dinner for my dad. She literally has no time to herself (except our dancing time!). I try so hard to help where I can, but she is as bad as me and won't let anybody help her.

Another thing that will get sorted...eventually!

Thank you for sticking with me - you girls are so totally awesome. xxxxx

Hey lovelies,

I'm still here lurking but massively off plan!

Went to dancing last night and it was the only hour so far this week I haven't thought about work - it was blissful. Well, actually we were learning the jive and spins in the quickstep, so it was really difficult, but still super good fun and a real giggle!

Been in the office since 7am again and have a cracking headache but can see the Friday light at the end of the tunnel! Planning a no work/no phones night with Dave this evening - he's picking me up from work at 5pm and we are going home for dinner, a face pack (he loves them as much as I do!) and several episodes of The Good Wife season 5!

Hope you ladies are all having fab weeks. Lil - well done on your running! Ging - you are in the zone! Pip - I'm so jel of your holibobs!!

xxxx

Bless Dan and his raised eyebrow! Dave works around his beard and just face-masks the non-furry areas, I think! There are probably a few pics on FB of us with face packs on...he's such a tart!

No phone night was lush...it really did us good to sit and snuggle and talk without also being on P-in-terest or IG etc. Definitely going to be making that a weekly thing.

Got a migraine whilst driving into work this morning - literally blinked whilst stopped at some traffic lights and got all the flashy lights (I think the proper name is visual disturbance!). Managed to make it into work safely but had to go and sit in a dark meeting room with a glass of water for a bit until my eyes stopped going mad. Currently sitting with the brightness on my laptop turned down incredibly low so I can actually do some work.

Had a good chat with my boss this morning and she's giving me some time off in lieu for the hours I've put in over the last couple of weeks. That's such a nice gesture as I really wasn't expecting anything. Might have a chat with my Mum and see if she fancies a girly day in the next couple of weeks. Need to decide if I want a week of finishing early, a few half days or maybe just one whole day and an early finish or something.

No big adventures or getaways planned but we all have the day off on 18th Feb as Dave and his best friend are going to cycle in the Olympic velodrome, which will be super exciting. Dave's Dad and Step mum and my parents are coming to watch and we are all going for dinner afterwards, which will be nice. Then on 14th March we are going to London to stay at the Hilton on Park lane for our fourth anniversary - super excited about that!!

I'm hoping things will get a bit easier next week. I had a new direct report start this week, so once she is settled that will really help, but I think the massive pressure from the MD and his hair-brained schemes might carry on for a couple more weeks before he gets bored and moves onto something else!!

Happy Friday's gorgeous girlies! I hope you've all had super weeks.

xxx

heheh the face packs sound fab but I dont think I'd get Ian to do one!! I've seen your pics on FB and it made me giggle!
I love no phone nights, I always find they make us talk to each other too.

Aaw your boss obvioulsy realised that you've worked your little bum off lately, I like the finishing earlys but the day of girly things with your mum sounds good too, I'm trying to plan a day out for us on my mum's 60th on the 26th March.

Your plans sounds lovely -oooh go Dave!

Hope things ease off soon chicken, but keep focused on the nice things you've got coming up.

Big hugs sweetie.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love phone amnesties. We try to do them frequently too. If we go to the gym together in the evening, we'll usually try to go to the health suite (sauna/steam room/jacuzzi) for a while after and I always love it because neither of us have our phones.

It really is the simple things that count sometimes :) xx

We have no phone zone from 8-10pm each night....which makes time for a film or chats or snuggles! Rob is disgusted by how much of our lives can be spent on our phones!
Hope things start to ease up for you gorgeous one! The boss sounds very fair and you can't ask for more than that! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I relate so much with your busyness at work, I am the same, snap when the migraines too, I think the visual bits are also called aura's , hope it soon cleared up xx

Slight tangent but are you recording season 6 of the good wife on more4 started last Thursday so should be able to catch up on demand too is def on sky on demand. Just started the killing the us one as subtitles are a no no! And if you haven't watched house of cards there is time before season 3 launches in 3 weeks! xx

Slight tangent but are you recording season 6 of the good wife on more4 started last Thursday so should be able to catch up on demand too is def on sky on demand. Just started the killing the us one as subtitles are a no no! And if you haven't watched house of cards there is time before season 3 launches in 3 weeks! xx

Ooh season 3 house of cards.. I can not wait!! I really enjoyed the US version of the Killing x

Hey lovelies,

Yep we are recording Season 6 of The Good Wife - going to start watching it tonight, I think as we finished Season 5 last night. I'm still in shock about what happened!! Looking forward to House of Cards too - loved Season 2 of that!

The new series of Walking Dead starts again this week so super excited about that! Not sure what we're going to watch next...we are thinking of ditching Netflix after we've watched HoC - might try one of the others instead - any recommendations?

Had a super off plan weekend and feel massive for it but struggling so much at work I just don't seem to be able to keep control of my willpower! Was going to WI this morning but was too scared :( I know I will get my head back in the game eventually. Seeing your INCREDIBLE picture yesterday was massive motivation!

xxx

I relate so much with your busyness at work, I am the same, snap when the migraines too, I think the visual bits are also called aura's , hope it soon cleared up xx

Ah thanks hun. Hope your work gets better soon too. I hate that the migraines happen because I don't want it to be seen as a sign of weakness/me not being able to take the pressure at work. But you can't control what your body does sometimes! xx

Back