Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Massive run fail! Again! Everything hurt, it was a bitter head wind most of the way, I felt like everyone was staring at me. I hated every minute! Route ended up being 3k but I walked some of it.

Got home and Dave is out on a ride so I can't even have a cuddle. Boo!

Gonna put dinner on and sulk until he gets home!xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh Sarah :( sorry to hear that mate. I hate runs like that. They always come to me after I think I've had a really good run, it almost feels like punishment for actually thinking in improving! Are you warming up enough etc before you get going? Xx

Same for me, Pip. I did so well on Sunday!

I stretched and foam rolled my calves. I guess it was the toning I did yesterday as my body is really not used to that. Still disappointing but at least I finished my loop rather than turning round after 500m and coming home xx

You did it! It doesn't matter how far you went or how bad it was...you got home, got out and didn't turn back. I always find they are the biggest hurdles when doing any form of exercise so don't beat yourself up gorgeous! :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks girlies! I do a runners stretching routine I found on YouTube which has seemed to work well for me. Any advice on what you guys do?

Have had a cuddle from the Farrell and a yummy dinner and all is right with the world again :) xxx

Well done on the loss Hun, just a flying catch up on diaries as only just got in from work. Xx

Frustrating with the run but you got out there! I think there may have been something in the air last night though as James had planned 10k but could only do 4. Sometimes it's about recognising that as long as you keep at it you will smash your goals xxxx

Morning gorgeous ones!

Happy humps!

Still feeling a little bit grumpy this morning as I didn't sleep very well last night, but today is my last day in the office this week so hopefully it will fly by! WFH tomorrow and then a lovely long (hopefully sunny!) weekend.

Scales were still 11.0 this morning, which I'm delighted about. So hoping for a good result on Monday after tomorrow's fast day and a planned out weekend.

The cupboards are bare, Dave is working overtime tonight and I'm back at ballroom so am trying to come up with a food plan!

Muller Light (99)
Mini cupcake (100)
Tesco Healthy Choices ham, chutney and salad sandwich (288)
Salted popcorn (88)
Raspberries (40)
Chorizo and pearl barley 'risotto' (BBC GF recipe!) (540)
2 finger kitkat (107)

xxx

Last edited:
Happy hump lovely!
I slept better than expected last night, so I can understand the grumpyness.
Yay for WFH and a lovely long weekend - hopefully the sun will come out and play.
xxxxxxx

Hello honey! I'm a bit of a grumpy monkey too this morning! Good news about the scales though! That's got to perk a girl up! :) Eats sound yum! Dinner especially! I need some chorizo in my life! I dont even know when I last had it! Weekend menu I think! Ooh dancing tonight? Fun! I don't know where you girls get your energy for post work activity! I'm lucky to have energy to watch a show! And you guys works about 50 million times harder than me! x

Feeling a bit less grumps now! The sun is out and I'm trying to tackle some bits on my list! Have another board paper to write which I'm putting off at the mo!! Have come up with a food plan to get me through the weekend, which makes me happy!

Thursday - fast & morning run - popcorn(60)/SF jelly(5)/M&S COU ready meal (<350)
Friday - out with Mum - lunch at Zizzi (<600), 99 flake (240) leftover pearly barley risotto (540)
Saturday - out with Dave for a loooooong walk then night out - scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (~500), Tesco Finest pizza and salad (carb loading pre night out!) (~550), 4 x prosecco (360), 5 x G&SlimT (~300)
Sunday - morning run - porridge (220) chicken curry and spiced paneer with poppadoms (~800 TBC), glass of white (200)

xxx

Last edited:
Hello honey! I'm a bit of a grumpy monkey too this morning! Good news about the scales though! That's got to perk a girl up! :) Eats sound yum! Dinner especially! I need some chorizo in my life! I dont even know when I last had it! Weekend menu I think! Ooh dancing tonight? Fun! I don't know where you girls get your energy for post work activity! I'm lucky to have energy to watch a show! And you guys works about 50 million times harder than me! x

You've gotta love chorizo! The spicy one from Tesco is so yummy!

I have to say I struggle with the energy to get my heels on and go to dance because it doesn't start 'til 8.30, but because it's my girly hour of the week with Mum and we love it so much when we get there, it's not that hard :D xxx

That is one mighty fine looking weekend plan! Making my mouth water!!
And I LOVE pearl barley! Defo going to add chorizo to mine next time! delish! xxxx

I've eaten pearl barley in restaurants before but never cooked with it so it'll be an experience! It was a recipe on the Good Food website - will let you know how it goes! Super simple, by the looks of it and hopefully tasty!

Still loving calorie counting - being able to allow for drinking lots of gin and prosecco and not be 'off plan' is mentally really helpful. I'm definitely one of those people who doesn't know when to stop once off the wagon!

xxx

Awww love that you and your mum enjoy your time together that's lovely my mum is like me sister sometimes we get on sometimes we don't haha Xxx

Back