Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Mum and I are quite similar so we fight like cat and dog sometimes but she is so awesome and we really enjoy spending time together - even more so as I'm getting older xx

Mum and I are quite similar so we fight like cat and dog sometimes but she is so awesome and we really enjoy spending time together - even more so as I'm getting older xx

Snap, me and my mum are exactly the same, if we spend too much time together we start annoying one another, but we love spending time with each other on days out and stuff. xx

I love pearl barley risotto! I've made it loads recently, it does take FOREVER to cook though so make sure you leave enough time or get it started ASAP!

Also, keep an eye on BBC GF website calorie counts, I always double check them as they're often wrong! x

Such a good point, Lil. I MFP'd the dish for tonight and it's almost 50 cals more than BBC GF said! Cheeky monkeys! xxx

You're so super organised and on it girl I absolutely love it!!!! :) that rissoto sounds divine. I love chorizo I need some!!!! Mmm should have got some in actually

And energy wise I find once I'm out doing exercise I have the energy? No idea where it comes from though :') XxxX

Morning lovelies! It's Faux Friday for me today and I'm super excited!!

Dragged myself out of bed for a run this morning - was a really hard 5km and I don't know why. I really felt like I'd cracked it when I did that 8km but I had to walk briefly a couple of times on my 5km today and I can't understand it! Not going to dwell on it though - it's done now and I'll be out again on Sunday. 4 weeks on Monday til the 10k!

Second fast day of the week today and the plan is:
Activia yoghurt (69)
50g Raspberries (14)
Glorious Skinny Mexican Sol soup (84)
Tesco Healthy Choices sausage and root mash (288)
4 Mikados (44)
Total - 502

Still haven't written the board paper so that's my 'must do' today as my boss needs it by COP. House also needs a good tidy although Dave is working over-time again so I've got 'til 7ish to get everywhere straight so we can chill out in front of some more HoC (the episode we watched last night was the best so far, I think).

xxx

Well done getting an early run in chick nice that your working from home too hope you have a lovely day hope today's fast goes well Xxx

Morning lovely, It sounds like you still did well on your run. A couple of walks isnt too bad - listen to me like I know what its like :)
Your fast day food sounds lovely - I might have to plan another couple of fast days in soon, even though Ian cant do them anymore.
xx

Every time you go for a run you are winning. Maybe you have a bit of a mental block because the race is getting closer! The adrenaline on the day will get you doing the 10k - you can run further than I could when I did mine :) so start trying to 'enjoy' (is that possible?!) your runs babe and I think they will start to feel easier xxxx.

Thanks Jess. Up to this week I had really been starting to enjoy them - the fresh air and the head space are great but now feel like my body doesn't want to play any more! Maybe you're right though and it's actually a mental thing. Need to plan myself a nice route for Sunday - getting bored of my routes near home so might plan a little drive somewhere and run around a park or something? xxx

I really think running is so hit and miss! I'm sure even olympians get out some days and just aren't feeling it! I think going somewhere for a nice scenic run is a good shout though! I don't think i could enjoy running in civilisation so to speak! I'd be so self conscious! But I'm hugely self conscious on a good day and always have been! Fast day sounds really good! Love getting the best out of your cals! You make it almost doable! If the scales don't shift for me next week I am going to actually really try this unlike my many other pathetic attempts! X

Last edited:
Fast day food sounds yum...3 proper meals...barely even looks like a fast day! Maximum calorie use! love it!

what is your pace like on the runs huni? If you start slower do you think you could go longer? xx

Haha. Thanks Ging! Love getting maximum foodage from cals on a fast day. Going to try not to eat anything til 12 as that tends to make the evening easier! Will be having dinner quite late as Dave's working overtime so won't be back 'til after 7 and need to survive til then!

My pace is rubbish - about 7 min/km. I'm not sure I could go much slower! lol. My pace has been pretty consistent throughout...I haven't really got faster as I've just been trying to get a bit fitter and gradually increase my distance on Sundays. Think Jess might be right and it's all in my head!! xxx

I'm not sure what episode exactly - must be about halfway through? We watched the one where they visit Russia yesterday (trying not to post any spoilers!)

Don't worry about being disorganised - you'll come up with a plan :) xxx

That's good advice from Ging! If you're struggling, instead of stopping you should go slower.

Don't overthink paces. This is your first run and your aim is to finish it without stopping/walking, right? In that case, it might be a good idea to try and pace yourself a little slower.

I do my long runs at 12-12:30 min miles which is 7:27 - 7:46 min kms!x

Back