Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Gosh, where did this morning go?! I a blur of meetings with a slightly embarassing rumbly tummy I seem to have made it to halfway through the day! Only 4.5 more hours to go! Have just snacked on 6 raspberries to try and keep me going for a bit longer 'til lunch and I'm already onto my second litre of water xxx

Trying to distract myself from all 500 cal thoughts and do some meal planning for the week...current thinking is (based on what's in the fridge/freezer!)

Monday - Tesco Healthy Choices sausage and root veg mash meal with extra veg
Tuesday - Linguini carbonara with salad
Wednesday - Chorizo and orzo salad
Thursday - Probably another low cal ready meal (just been looking online at some of the Waitrose ones any they sound fab!)
Friday - Salmon fillets with stir fried veggies and rice noodles
Saturday - Mexican Fiesta - shopping list TBC (that's Dave's job!!)

xxx

Ooh Mexican fiesta! Let me know if you need any tips! That pulled pork went down a storm ;)

Well done on getting straight back to it missy. You're on a roll at the moment xxx

Thanks Pip I definitely will! I'd like to do a little selection of starters so probably a pulled pork mini taco (if I can find any mini taco shells?!), some scallop cerviche (which we had in Mexico!) and something else TBC. Obviously preceeded by nachos to nibble on while we have a few drinks first.

Dave is in charge of main so he's doing a Jamie Oliver chilli recipe made with a whole shin of beef, with homemade guac and salsa etc.

What did you do for pud, Pip? Can't remember without looking at your diary! Think I might make my choc truffle cake spiked with chilli with a Kalua cream? xxx

Yeah I did think about churros. Our friends who are coming are my fave people to cook for because they LOVE food! They make such an effort when we go to theirs and are incredibly good cooks though, so it is just a little bit intimidating! Might have a read and see if I can find a recipe which sounds do-able. But might make my choc cake on Friday night as a back up just in case!

We usually end up making some kind of sweet treat to have with after dinner coffee too...not sure what the Mexican equivalent of that would be? xxx

I have a Mexican cookbook that Dan got me for Xmas. I can send you some ideas / recipes later if you'd like? There was an idea for something to have with coffees, I just can't remember what xx

Any ideas welcome, thanks hun :D . Dave got a book for Christmas too but it has no pictures in it and I kinda struggle making recipes which I can't visualise! Silly as that sounds.

Just looking on Jamie Oliver's website and think my starter platter might be: quesadilla wedges, falafel and mini fishcakes with salsa and guac.

Have found a good churros recipe too...so tempted to try i!!

xxx

Any ideas welcome, thanks hun :D . Dave got a book for Christmas too but it has no pictures in it and I kinda struggle making recipes which I can't visualise! Silly as that sounds.

I AM EXACTLY THE SAME!

It does my own head in about myself!!

Mine too! Sorry - wrong day to be talking about food. Actually, you're talking about wedding breakfasts so we are just as bad as each other.

Thanks hun - that would be awesome!! xxx

That's strangely true actually - I always find myself food planning on a fast day! I can't flippin' wait to get home for some dinner tonight! xx

We have dinner dates with some good mates, and he is a really good cook (he audtioned for this series of Masterchef!) and so when we go to theirs we have lovely food.
We take it in turns so that whoever is GOING takes pudding. I always feel a bit un-sure of myself when it's my turn to cook.
xx

I love cooking/eating with foodies! The pressure with Bri and Vikki definitely isn't as bad as I feel with the MIL who was actually on MasterChef. I still like things to be perfect though!

Hoping the sombreros and stick on moustaches arrive in the next couple of days! lol xxx

Back