Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Ahh thanks Pip. Dave's asleep in bed and I'm on the sofa under the duvet watching the Grand Prix. Praying Vettel doesn't win!

Want to get a run in but it's lashing rain and blowing a gale here so keeping fingers crossed it cleats up later!

No real plans but might have a tidy up/reorganise in my dressing room #whataloser ;)

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A dressing room is on my essentials list for the new house! Every time I mention it Dan just raises his eyebrows, but I've pointed out that if I had a designated room for the shoes, bags, scarfs etc it would save him moaning about me leaving them all over the house! Although clearly I still would because I'm a messy little soul really ;) haha.

Do you have anything on the menu yet for today? I was really hoping to get a bike ride in this weekend but the weather has been dreadful here too xxx

You deffo need a dressing room! Dave's got a full on bike workshop man cave in the garage so we both have our little sanctuaries!

As we were planning to fast, I'm not sure about food...(runs to fridge to rummage!) - comfort food for my poorly boy I think:

Brunch - bacon, avocado and poached egg on seedy toast (thanks becki!)
Dinner - risotto of some kind! Maybe with bacon and peas and a little mint.

The weather is so vile! Mum and I were so lucky in London yesterday!xxx

Food sounds yum! I haven't made a risotto in ages, I might have to stick that on the list for next weekend (to soak up any residual alcohol!!) Dan has a double garage filled with bikes, a canoe and many man tools, a workshop filled with more tools, and 3 sheds (I don't know what's in them - I refuse to enter!!!) I totally deserve a dressing room!!! xxx

Omg! Yes you totally do!!!xxx

Hope dave gets better soon!! Definitely not a good idea to fast. Gill. Up on her thy yummies which it sounds like you are! Enjoy your brekkie!

Last edited:
I second the dressing room for every girl! Sadly I think I need a second as my stuff has started to take over the house and I get told off, ha!

Some friends from work went to to see Miss Saigon the other day and were telling me about it, definitely a few parts I don't think I'd want to watch with my Mum and she is in no way a prude but you know when you just cringe a little. It's like when watching Sex and the City together!! Glad you've been having such a lovely weekend and hope your Mumma enjoyed it all xx

You're so right, Sam! I didn't realise quite a lot of it was set in a brothel! #awkward!

Well yesterday was an epic fail! I made a yummy, wholesome breakfast of bacon, avocado and poached egg on seedy toast, but then it all went awry...Tyrrell's crisps, G&T, homemade cookies and a creme egg! Definitely didn't dare get on the scales this morning!!

Feeling a bit under the weather today - Dave's had a really bad cold since Friday so I wonder if I'm starting to come down with it. I just have a headache and feel a bit sick at the mo...

Had my fast day all planned but have got in and checked my calendar and I'm booked in at a leaving lunch where we have pre-booked our food (Caribbean). I think Dave is relieved as he wants a proper dinner tonight to get his strength back!

So plan for today is:
Breakfast - skinny cappuccino
Lunch - jerk chicken wrap
Dinner - using up what's in the fridge salad - so, leaves, toms, bacon, crutons (made from WM roll) and maybe a poached egg on top?

xxx

Hope you are not coming down with daves cold!! feed your body with good food. No fasts!! Just yet!
You are good most of the time with your food so don't worry about yesterday. We allll do it. Umm creme egg. It's easter so creme eggs need to make an appearance in all our diaries over the next week or 2! It's easter rules!

Ah the Mumma time was the best! We strolled back through Soho Square and down Oxford Street, ending up in Liberty as Mum had never been! I couldn't believe it! We were in there for ages dreaming about being able to spend £400 on an Alexander McQueen scarf! It does her the world of good to have a day off from looking after my Grannie - she looked so relaxed. I love just seeing her laugh and not worry about anything - it doesn't happen often enough.

Super excited about telling her about her birthday presents tomorrow - I have totally smashed the budget and spoiled her rotten. We are off for a spa day next Tuesday at a gorgeous 5* hotel with 90 minutes of treatments and afternoon tea. They have an outdoor hot tub and it looks incredz! Then I've booked us a mother-daughter photo shoot and got her a subscription to Red magazine (random but she likes it, and the only time she sits down and chills out is when she flicks through a mag or reads her Kindle!). I've also sorted out her present from Grannie and Nan (La Prairie moisturiser and eye cream) and from Dad - a day trip on the Orient Express to Canterbury and some jewellery from Ted Baker.

xxx

Back