Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Change of plan, change of plan!!

One of the girls made an amazing leaving cake so I had a slice of that (oops!) but then my meeting over-ran so haven't gone out for lunch but got a cajun chicken salad from Tesco instead.

Have just looked at my nails and they are a state so off to have them done tonight (love my nail lady for fitting me in at short notice!) then need to grab another present for my Mum to have from a neighbour who called me last night not knowing what to buy! She is a dear little old lady and doesn't have much money, so need to find something nice for under £10! My choice would be flowers but think she wants something Mum can use or keep? Any ideas welcome, ladies! I will probably have the options of Next or the massive Tesco open to me. Maybe a nice lipstick? I did her make-up before we went out on Friday night and her one was getting a bit low. They have an awesome beauty section in our Tesco now.

Then I've got to swing by my Grannie's to drop her in a card to write for Mum tomorrow and maybe take some flowers Grannie can give her. Then finally get home! xxx

A nice lipstick sounds perfect

Wow you really are daughter of the year! You have also reminded me I need to book tickets for a play I am taking my mum to see :)

Sounds like you had a lovely time with your mum, and so lovely when they're happy!

xxxx

Morning beauts!

Am feeling a bit sorry for myself today so will just be skulking around in the background.

Was running late all evening, which is my least favourite thing! Had to go to three different cash-points to get money out to pay for my nails, then the traffic was awful getting back to Tesco. Got a few bits from Max Factor for Mum then had to secretly drop them off to Mum's neighbour (who talks for England so it was so hard to get away!), then called at Grannie's who had no idea it was Mum's birthday so had to supervise birthday card writing and leave notes everywhere to remind her to give her the flowers and card today! As I was getting back into the car at Grannie's, I accidentally stepped on a stone, twisted my ankle and bashed it really hard on the kerb. It was so painful I struggled to drive home and it's a bit black today (attractve!). Got home and Dave had made an amazing dinner (bubble and squeak cakes with bacon and balsamic tomatoes), but as he was dishing it up, we got a powercut! Thankfully it wasn't quite dark and I have a million candles in the conservatory so that was OK! Eventually got to bed but the wind woke me up at 3am and I didn't get back to sleep...and I've got a sore throat (no surprise seeing as Dave's had man flu).

So all in all, I'm a bit of a grumpus!

B - 35g Crunchy Nut and a Yeo 0% yog
L - Glorious Skinny Soup and a Warburton's WM thin
D - Dinner out with the 'rents - Paprika chicken with rice and salad (no dressing) and a glass of red (medicinal!)
S - Slice of the Finest Red Velvet cake I've got for Mum!

xxx

Oh no sweetie, that sounds like a rubbish night, I hope your ankle is better soon and the sore throat doesnt turn into anything more. I saw your picture of the powercut and have to say it looked very romantic ;)

xxxxx

Is it wrong that I sort of want a massive tree to come crashing down on their house and bash them on their stupid heads?! Admittedly that would cause you a lot of grief, but it would be worth it for them to get some karma ;)

Mum's been really lucky with stringing out her birthday this year - it's what I normally do! She doesn't like to make a fuss, but I haven't given her any choice but to be spoilt! She will find out what her pressies are tonight, but I guess she will have another honorary birthday next Tuesday when we have our spa day :D

xxx

yesterday sounds awful. at least it's over with! how are your nails looking?
happy birthday to your mum..hope she has a great day and your meal out is perfect!
I'm sure today will be much better. medicinal red wine is always okay! you enjoy it and relax!! X

Ahh thanks Becki. Apart from the ankle bashing, it wasn't too bad a day. But I would be a happier bunny today with more sleep and less sore throat :)

I went for a lovely coral colour on my nails, and went for shoes which match this morning so they are perking me up! xxx

What a stressful evening!!! Thank god for a lovely birthday meal with your mum tonight! And red velvet cake! So much yum! I made red velvet cupcakes for everyone for mothers day but couldn't have one because of the wheat overload! So jealous of you!! Have a lovely time though super daughter! I love that you're stringing your birthday out too! I love to do that! Get away with everything because it's 'birthday week!' :) xxx

Yep dancing is on! My ankle is killing me and starting to bruise so I might be a bit hobbly, but we will definitely be there.

It's like family overload this week - Dave and my Dad are in London tomorrow night for Dave to cycle to velodrome (after the booking error last time!!) and Dave and the 'rents are coming to watch me die on my run on Monday too.

We'll all be sick of the sight of each other by next Tuesday! xxxx

Oh dear, I see what you mean about not being 100% today!
The wind woke me up too! mental or what...
However, red velvet makes EVERYTHING better! :) Super jel!
Really hope you're ankle is ok gorg....take it easy though, especially with your run coming up, you want to be tip top!
SO excited for your mum...daughter of the year award is defo coming your way and all your mammoth efforts are sure to pay off when you see the look on her face! xxxx

How annoying with your ankle :( hope you're okay darling girl - make sure you give it some rest but keep moving it gently so it doesn't stiffen! xxxx

Hello lovely long time no see but trying to come back as much as I can and catch up with everyone!
Only read last couple of posts but I agree that you sound alike daughter of the year, I hope your mum hugely enjoys her amazing birthday gifts!
Boo to twisting your ankle, sounds sore! What's this run you are doing? Hope ankle is better for then hun xx

Back