Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

You should be so proud :) xxxx

Aww thank you lovely ones! Currently enjoying my final day off plan - spa day and afternoon tea at a 5* hotel. Can't wait for them to fix my broken legs!!xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Spa and afternoon tea? Lush, hope you had a lovely day with your Mumma xx

Thanks girls!

It was such a lovely day! I had 90 minutes of lovely massage, ages in the hydrotherapy pool, gorgeous afternoon tea and then tea in the gardens watching the deer. It was bliss! And just what we both needed. Mum is struggling with my Grannie at the moment - she can't remember that my Grandpa passed away, so she keeps asking my Mum relentlessly where he is. Either every two minutes when Mum is there or calling her all the time whe she isn't. It's so sad so it was lovely for her to have a day of full on pampering.

My legs are still killing today - I'm such a muppet for not stretching much after my run. I have loads of blisters too - my feet look grim! Everyone at work is commenting that I've got flat shoes on because that never happens!

Not sure about food today - am in meetings most of the day, then Mum is coming over later as I'm doing her hair and then we've got dancing, so tempted to do a fast day but I think I might actually have a chest infection so not sure if that's wise! I feel much better in myself than I did at the end of last week/over the weekend but I've got a hacking cough. I'm sure it'll be gone soon though. Currently just drinking heaps of water and seeing how I get on!

Happy humps lovely ladies. Hope you have lovely days xxxx

Aw I'm glad you had such a lovely time with your mum. It sounds very much needed and well deserved.

Maybe just eat when you can rather than worry about a fast, especially if your body is recovering from a race never mind being ill too honey

xxxx

Feed your body whatever it needs to get better huni!
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RUN! you superstar! So so proud! Has it got you in the mood for some more?!
I really hope your Grannie is ok....does she have spells where she remembers and then forgets? Must be hard on your mum too...but sounds like you are taking good care of them both!
Xxxxx

Thanks girls. One of the boys on my team has just done a coffee run so I've got a skinny chai latte and feel like that's sorting me right out! There's something about nutmeg/cinnamon spicy warmth that is so comforting!

Definitely think I might do some more 10ks. One of my friends has signed up to the Bupa 10000 at the end of May which goes round some of the sights of central London so might do that. Definitely going to be keeping up the running - hoping to get out for a 5k at the weekend - just need my blisters to go down first - my big toe is one big blister! Do any of you girls suffer with the same thing? Might it be my trainers don't fit quite right? I started wearing proper running socks quite early on and that's helped a bit but my little chubby toes just seem to rub together! Putting plasters on them all first feels like such a faff!

Thanks Ging - the times when Grannie is lucid/normal are getting fewer and further between. It breaks her heart every time you tell her than Grandpa has died. It's so strange that it's only been in the last month or so that she's forgotten all about it. She thinks it's in a cottage hospital about 30 minutes away - Mum got to her house the other day and she was going through the phone book trying to find the phone number to call them and check on him. I wish there was a way we could help her remember :(

xxx

You did so well! The afternoon spa with your mum sounds like the perfect thing after a race. sorry to hear about grannie :(
when's the next race?!

Good for you keeping it up Sarah. It's so easy to let it slip but also so disappointing to see the progress lost!

Have you thought about park runs? I'm looking forward to getting stuck into them again after Paris!!

As for the blisters. That's never happened me thankfully but it's probably because my feet are so tiny so my trainers are always a little big. You're meant to get running shoes 0.5-1 whole size bigger as your feet swell during running. It could be that they aren't big enough? Good running socks are a definite requirement too! x

Oh Sarah. So sorry to hear about your grannie. Must be so difficult for you guys too especially your mum. She sounds like such a star though. I know where you're super daughter status comes from :) love that you're planning the next run! Best thing to do I think! I miss getting out running so much! Can't wait for my new proper shoes to arrive! I had a huge blister for a week after my first 10k on one of my toes, it hurt so much! So I empathise xx

Thanks girls! My trainers are definitely big enough - I'm a 5.5 and have got a 6. They are super comfy...maybe my toes are just a funny shape ;) It doesn't hurt unless I've got tight shoes on - will be intersting putting shoes on for dancing tonight!

There are two park runs near me but they are both hilly so I haven't been brave enough to try one out yet. I definitely want to though...I'm feeling more confident after Monday. xxx

Back