Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Oh Sarah, it sounds like a horrid situation, AgeUk might be able to offer some more help (my mum used to work for them) so it might be worth trying them again.
Hope something gets sorted soon lovely,
xx

Thanks Ria - will have a look on their website and see what I can find. If your Mum has any words of wisdom, they would be most welcome :) xxx

Thanks Ria - will have a look on their website and see what I can find. If your Mum has any words of wisdom, they would be most welcome :) xxx

I'll ask her later for you chick and let you know.
xx

Oh Sarah, so sorry to hear about the situation with Grannie. It really is so sad when they become so forgetful :(
I hope the carers support group can offer some advice xxxx

Getting into the office before 7am and still being here past 5pm is not my idea of a fun Thursday. I could murder a glass of vino!!

Morning girls!

TGIF!!! First in the office again this morning trying to get a document finished and submitted by lunchtime - it's a new version of the same document which gave me a migraine at the beginning of the year. I love my job but sometimes this business is so frustrating!!!

The sad step was mean to me this morning so I've got a grump on about that - 2 up from yesterday, which is ridiculous. I will admit to having 2 Hotel Chocolate mini caramet egglet thingys last night but I was still under my cals for the day. Never mind!

We had literally no food in the fridge so not sure of the plan for today beyond grabbing a 'Light' option in Prezzo this evening - they do sub-500cal pizza and pasta options so will see what I fancy. Mum and I are going to see Julian Lloyd Webber and his wife play the cello - they are amazing! Then the in-laws arrive tomorrow afternoon so the morning will be cleaning and stressing :D

Happy friday, beauts! xxxx

Just catching up from yesterday. So sorry to hear about you little grannie gorgeous, I can only imagine how stressful and sad it must be for you all. You're such a rock for your Mumma which I'm sure she appreciates a million times over.

Meh to the step, you're doing so well at the moment (especially with all the work crap going on) that you should just ignore and be totally proud of how in control you are.

Weekend with the in laws sounds nice... Minus the cleaning and stressing! Make sure you find some time for a glass of medicinal bubbles or something and have a great time tonight xxx

We do get on well - his Dad is quite hard work (very Scottish and obsessed with politics!) but his heart is in the right place and his step-mum is really lovely. She's the one who was on MasterChef.

They aren't coming 'til tomorrow afternoon and are leaving again at 11am Sunday morning so not much time to do a lot. They are bringing their dog so our cat has to go to Mum's for the night...lots of upheaval for a short time, but I'm pleased for Dave they are coming.

Think we might take Bertie for a walk as he will have been in the car for a couple of hours, then hopefully it'll be nice enough to sit in the garden and have a cheeky G&T. Then not sure if we will cook or go out for dinner...if we go out my parents might come too, but I always think it feels a bit claustrophobic with 6 people in our conservatory. Have been so mad at work this week I've hardly thought about it!

Then Sunday it'll be leisurely breakfast then they'll be off. We might go for Sunday lunch with my 'rents, depending on if we've seen them on the Saturday night.

Crikey, it's so unlike me to be so un-planned! xxx

An unplanned weekend leaves room for spontaneity! :) it sounds like you'll be pretty jam packed with fun family times which might be just the ticket to make sure you're not thinking about stressy work!
I hope you get out on time tonight honey and make the most of the sun and out of office good times!
Ignore the scales! As jessy's likely about to hop on a plane, I'll be the one to tell you stop scale hopping today! ;) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Morning sweetie, sounds like a good weekend anyway - who needs planning??
Oh bah - it's friday and you've had a lot on this week with work, grannie etc - so 1 pain au choc wont do anything wrong honey, you obviously needed a release so why not a pastry! :)

I'll jump on the scale hopping train too with Ging, although I can confess I did it this morning......oops!

Lets hope you manage to get out on time, and can enjoy the sunshine and the lovely weekend with the boy and in-laws.
xxxx

sounds like a great weekend! At least the in laws are not at yours for too long so you still have time to relax!
Umm Prezzo sounds great. I love the pizza with the hole in the middle filled with rocket!
Enjoy the Cello this evening. And ignore the sad step..It must be having a bad day!

Yummm pain au choc! Don't beat yourself up, it's done, just savour the beautiful buttery flavour that remains... that what's I did all last week, before swiftly having another ;)

It sounds like you've got a great weekend ahead Sarah! Will little Meow be ok at your mums? (crazy cat lady over here!)
Have both your parents met each other before?

x

Haha. Good spot crazy cat lady - yes, the little mog is going to Mum and Dad's for the weekend, bless her! So glad we have wood floors downstairs so we can just steam clean them to get rid of the smell of cocker spaniel before she gets back home again!

Yep parents have met twice before - once at ours last year and again in Feb when Dave was due to cycle the velodrome the first time. They get on pretty well although I think my parents find them slightly materialistic because they were both in banking their whole lives, retired in their 40's and have loads of dosh. Whereas my parents are both 65 and still working! xxx

I know! They both worked their whole lives for Barclays and have ridiculous pensions...they worked away a lot etc., so they both, but Joe especially, missed a lot of the children growing up (both Dave and his sister and Dave's two half-sisters). They have a lovely life now though - lots of golf etc!

Ging's in banking too although I think the world is a slightly different place now ;) xxx

Back