Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Hey beauts,

I'm feeling tonnes better today, thank you. Having a WFH day has eased me back in gently...and only one day in the office before the weekend!

Catching up with one bestie tomorrow night, another one for breakfast Saturday morning then some serious quality time with my lovely boy - can't wait!

xxxx

I read that as lover boy :') true but still! xxxx

Morning beauts!

TGIF! :D

Food has been a mixed bag over the last few days - some really 'good' foods including an amazing salmon stir fry last night, but too many chocolates too. On Sunday night a line will be drawn and I'm getting back on plan and back to running...would love to go in the morning with my bestie but I still can't move my head too quickly so the impact of running doesn't feel like a clever plan. Will definitely do it Monday or Tuesday and am going to try some yoga too - good for my body and my mind!

Hope you all have super duper days and thank you so much for being so lovely checking on me while I've been a lame-ass mofo this week! xxxxx

Ooh and my Boohoo order is coming today - have ordered myself some playsuits for the summer. Hoping some of them fit as I'm feeling a bit hippo-like at the mo! xxx

Getting any good food when feeling so rough is a win in my opinion! And that chocolate was medicinal! Glad you're being sensible and holding off on the running for a few more days too! You'll get back into it no problem! And yay for yoga! I think that will do you good! Will hopefully help the onset of migraines when you're stressed too by being so zen! Take some pics for us of your boohoo treats! X

I agree with Tasha that yoga will be so good for managing your stress and that staying off running until you've made a full recovery is very sensible!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your outfits xxxx

love to see how you feel about the yoga! I've always been quite sceptic about it like it's a waste of time. too slow and boring perhaps but I'm really Intrigued as to how you find it?!

I've heard such good things, Becki. Apparently Yoga With Adrienne on YouTube is supposed to be good and she has a '30 days of yoga' playlist which I'd like to try. Need to get myself a new yoga mat - I used to have one from doing pilates but I have no idea where it ended up when we moved house - I can't find it anywhere! xxx

I think TK Maxx is amazing for those sorts of things. I have the best sticky matt ever from there!

Glad you're back babe and feeling a lot better. Don't worry about food, it's much more important that you're well, happy and most importantly, stress under control. I think yoga would be good for you. would you consider looking into a block of classes? That might be a good motivator to keep going and to start with to ensure that your form is good and that you get the most out of it.

Boohoo order was quick!!!! You'll have to show us some pics!!!! xx

I did fast Monday although I think I've probably more than compensated for that since... Ah well - onwards and downwards from Monday!!

I would deffo consider some classes, Lil. Might have a Google and see what I can find. Although I think I might want to do a bit at home first because I will feel such a dufus until I have improved my balance and flexibility a little :D xxx

I did fast Monday although I think I've probably more than compensated for that since... Ah well - onwards and downwards from Monday!!

I would deffo consider some classes, Lil. Might have a Google and see what I can find. Although I think I might want to do a bit at home first because I will feel such a dufus until I have improved my balance and flexibility a little :D xxx

Most blocks of classes do them in stages (beginner, intermediate, advanced etc) so you don't need to worry about what you look like!!!

My gym just does one class for all abilities, 3 times a week. I went last Thurs when I was soooo tight after the marathon and could do nothing. All these people around me were spinning on one hand and I was just sat in a lump on the floor unable to even get my leg out straight in front of me...

I wish I was joking!!

Glad to hear you more positive hun!
Really curious to see how you get on with the yoga! they do it at the hliday fitness place that Rob and I go to...a 5 day course, 2 hours every morning whilst looking out over the coast...i always think it looks so peaceful and relaxing as I dash off for a spin class!! :D
the only time I did yoga was at school...and (soz if TMI!)... I swear it made me a little tooooo relaxed in the windy department!! haha I've been too nervous to do it ever since!! xxx

I can find local pilates but not yoga except at the big new leisure centre and not sure how I feel about going there (#suchasnob). I enjoyed pilates a lot but really like the idea of trying yoga. Will try youTube for a couple of days and if I love it, I will check out a class at the gym :)

I remember how quickly pilates improved my flexibility - it's totally amazing. Am hoping yoga will have similar physical results but also hoping for the mental benefits - it's supposed to be fab for stress and anxiety. xxx

Definitely investigate mindfulness in general Sarah, it might help you with your migraines. My sister has been doing a cd to help her and there was an article on the BBC website about some recent research in to it's effectiveness. The basic idea is to get good at "parking" negative thoughts and anxiety and focus on all the moment because that is where you are currently. I have been trying to do the focus on the moment for the last week or so and take time to appreciate what is good in that moment, whether it's that the sun is shining, that I am enjoying a lovely meal, chatting to my sister, enjoying the book I am reading. It sounds a bit daft but it has really helped me stay in a positive mindset which I had struggled with recently. xx

Back