Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Yes Pip - we are going to watch the final stage of the Tour de France but making a long weekend of it. I can't wait!!

Sam - I can send you the template if you like but it's the simplest Excel sheet ever. I love a good spreadsheet so hope it'll keep me both motivated and on-track! xxx

Thankfully we've used my Avios for Eurostar and the hotel but eating out there is SO expensive! Am thinking of asking for money for my birthday from my parents and Dave's dad so we can treat ourselves and make some lovely memories xxx

Are there any more thoughts on the chance of any lovely ring shaped memories at any point do you think or are you not thinking along those lines right now? xx

Thanks Lil - good shout on the Euros. I haven't been for about 4 years so glad to hear it's got a little more reasonable!

Sam - I have no idea when it's going to happen! I'm trying not to mention it, as his Dad told me there was a plan. I have no idea how long I'll have to wait...but hoping it's not tooooooooo much longer! :D xxx

Mainly due to the pound being stronger against the euro at the min!

If you want to dine well, michelin starred restaurants do amazing lunch deals. There are quite a few cool ones near Bastille, we visited two but you need to book.

We mainly ate around Bastille actually. We were so lucky we stayed there as there were so many good restaurants! Whereabouts are you guys staying? xx

We aren't too far from Gare du Nord actually...it's somewhere I stayed before with work and we got a great rate. It's quite an expensive weekend to be going because of the tour so we'll just get a travelcard for the Metro - nowhere is too far away.

Which restaurants did you visit and would you recommend? We love a bit of Michelin starred dining so definitely keen to check out some lunch deals ;) xxx

Ah I see. You need a travelcard anyway really as it's so big. BAstille is a little bit away from Gare du Nord but nothing is far on the metro.

We ate at Septime which is near Bastille which was really lovely and quite modern too!
There is also a great restaurant called Chez Paul near Bastille where we ate the evening of the marathon and it was a really old-school restaurant, packed out with locals and French people and serving amazing food. The waiters were so French and the menus were handwritten!!

There was also a great pizza place called Mamma East (I think from memory?!) but you need to book there and a definite must-visit is Bouillon Chartier, which is a real famous restaurant in Paris. IT's cheap and cheerful and reminded me quite a lot of the hofbrauhaus in munich but the food is really good. The steak frites are great, as is the fois gras and snails. They serve classics and they serve them well. It's quite a busy and noisy place and you'll have to queue but it's worth it :) xx

Just looking at half marathon training plans and they are freaking the heck out of me!!! Think I might stick to the 10k's and improve my pace on that instead? xxx

That would be AMAZING!! Slightly nuts, but amazing!

I've decided that if anything is going to get me toned by Cancun in October, it's running a half marathon in September #nopainnogain

xxx

Back