Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

I don't think hormones trigger the migraines but I think there's something chemically/hormonally that means you don't get them once you're, for example, over 60?

I did come off the pill about 6 years ago because they susptected that might have been contributing to a spell of migraines but I've had a coil since then, on the doc's recommendation that it doesn't have side effects. It works so well for me I really wouldn't want to change it, but maybe I should have the conversation?

Thank you for all the love and advice, lovely ones. I really do appreciate it xxxx

It's a Mirena...and I honestly don't know that much about it (that's bad, isn't it!), other than I haven't had a period for 6 years, which is totally awesome! Will try and get an appointment for next week to have a chat...problem is there is only one half-decent female doctor at the practice and she's so hard to at an appointment with! xxx

It definitely can't hurt to ask the question. It just seems such a shame to change it when it works so well for me - annoying!!! xxx

I switched to beta blockers and it isn't necessarily permanent. I have to try 6 months of them and they have really, really helped me. I think it's because my migraines are stress/anxiety related. I was reluctant to try them as the medication for ever put me off but was much happier when I was told it was only for 6 months, I'm not sure why maybe it breaks the cycle?

And I take a pill cerezelle I think which means I don't have periods (which I love) as I can't have the combined pill so there are options around xxx

I switched to beta blockers and it isn't necessarily permanent. I have to try 6 months of them and they have really, really helped me. I think it's because my migraines are stress/anxiety related. I was reluctant to try them as the medication for ever put me off but was much happier when I was told it was only for 6 months, I'm not sure why maybe it breaks the cycle?

Hello lovely! Was wondering how you were getting on this week?

That's really interesting to know they're not forever.

I can't imagine going back onto the pill now after so long...I hated having to remember to take a tablet every day. But I will get an appointment with the doc for a good chat and see what happens.

Thanks lovelies! xxx

Actually came home with a migraine which after 4 hours sleep has eased to a slight fuzzyness. Totally brought on by stress as my sister had chemo today and I find it stressful! But she is back now and having a lie down, next will be seeing if she wants anything for dinner!

Hope the dr can help you lovely, I know how frustrating the constant cycle is xxxx

Actually came home with a migraine which after 4 hours sleep has eased to a slight fuzzyness. Totally brought on by stress as my sister had chemo today and I find it stressful! But she is back now and having a lie down, next will be seeing if she wants anything for dinner! Hope the dr can help you lovely, I know how frustrating the constant cycle is xxxx

Sorry to hear that Belle. I hope your sister is doing ok xx

Oh you poor thing. They are so evil, aren't they. Glad you're feeling a little better now. xxx

Came on so suddenly and after I got up which is unusual I tend to wake up with them. The heating is broken at work which hasn't helped, I didn't want to come home as my sister was going to chemo and I didn't want her to worry but I couldn't read the till properly I was mixing all the numbers up so I had to leave!

It's amazing how different we all are- I've never woken up with one, mine always come on quickly, like someone is flicking a switch and BANG, I can't see out of one eye! So annoying!!! xxx

Sorry to hear that Belle. I hope your sister is doing ok xx

She is doing really well, but is very fatigued the week after chemo and has huge white carb cravings so we tend to decide what to eat on a day by day basis so I'll pop out later and get what she fancies :) it's nice it's a long weekend as her fiancé is off with her on Monday and I have got Tuesday off so she will have plenty of company xxxx

It's amazing how different we all are- I've never woken up with one, mine always come on quickly, like someone is flicking a switch and BANG, I can't see out of one eye! So annoying!!! xxx

It is isn't it, mine usually start with a blinding headache which develops to not being able to move my head. Today was the a pain in my nose which developed the the blinding headache but by then I was home and dosed up on meds and off to sleep which has really helped! xxxx

She is doing really well, but is very fatigued the week after chemo and has huge white carb cravings so we tend to decide what to eat on a day by day basis so I'll pop out later and get what she fancies :) it's nice it's a long weekend as her fiancé is off with her on Monday and I have got Tuesday off so she will have plenty of company xxxx

How far into treatment is she? She sounds very lucky to have some wonderful people around her to make such a crappy journey more bearable xx

How far into treatment is she? She sounds very lucky to have some wonderful people around her to make such a crappy journey more bearable xx

She is half way through the chemo today :D and has had a complete response to chemo so the consultant can't feel the lump anymore which is awesome news. (She has breast cancer) It isn't easy and her and her fiancé are staying as their house is being renovated so they don't have their own space. But it is actually easier than I had been expecting and feel very lucky I can have them stay and see her everyday :) xxx

She is half way through the chemo today :D and has had a complete response to chemo so the consultant can't feel the lump anymore which is awesome news. (She has breast cancer) It isn't easy and her and her fiancé are staying as their house is being renovated so they don't have their own space. But it is actually easier than I had been expecting and feel very lucky I can have them stay and see her everyday :) xxx

Amazing news! So pleased for you all. I think sometimes the better you respond initially the more positive you become so the better the treatment works. I'm very much a believer of your mind being a powerful thing for that. Good luck to you all belle :) xx

Back