Saturday Night Fever

woohoo

Hello, my fiance's cousin (who is marrying his best mate) has her hen night this Saturday. How do I go out for a meal and cocktails? Or do I cancel, but this would cause aggravation in the family? Help!

Hi you could go for the meal and just have chicken with salad and not bother with the cocktails?

Enjoy your night whatever you decide x

Dont drink! You will have wasted all that work if you come out of ketosis! You can do this hun. I had lots of nights out, mothers day, 21st all-paid bar etc but if you want to do the diet - you stick to it! It will be so worth it when you get in that little wedding dress xx:wave_cry:

Im worried about when I have to go out, what to eat and drink!!? Well my CDC said to stick to vodka + diet coke. She warned me off the cocktails as lots of suger. And advised me to have plain meat with salad or veg. She said if i do have to eat a meal then to look in the ''weight care with cambridge book'' that they would have given to you, page 8 - Gives you an idea of foods to eat.

Sarah x

I would say that if you are in the early stages of your diet then try and stay away from the drinking etc. however if you are a few weeks in and feel that you can take a night off and definitely get back into it then go for it.... I took 3 days off over xmas and it was sooooooooo hard to get back into it again but I managed with a lot of willpower and decided to have a drink free New years eve even though we had a party at our house because I didn't want to go through what I did after xmas, I am also going to an engagement party this weekend where I will only drink water and coke zero. Try to stay away from Diet coke as it has citric acid in and may affect the diet for some people, drink anything that has a zero after it and you should be fine. Good luck with whatever you decide x

Bevy thanks for the advice, Coke Zero sounds a good one to drink, do pubs, bars etc sell it?

Cheers

Sarah x

Some bars do but most don't unfortunately, I tend to stick to sparkling water if they don't and it still looks like I am having a drink to the people around me who don't know I am dieting.

Bev x

Dont drink! You will have wasted all that work if you come out of ketosis! You can do this hun. I had lots of nights out, mothers day, 21st all-paid bar etc but if you want to do the diet - you stick to it! It will be so worth it when you get in that little wedding dress xx:wave_cry:

agreed I have had a few nights out on sparkling water with free bars all round, hard but worth it when I slipped on my new 16 jeans with ease this week;)

Thanks everyone, am in my first week and not sure how to use this site yet. I would rather not go because it's too tempting, am also a strict veggie so no fish or meat for me, everything's cheese - oh God, CHEESE!!! yummy!

Back