Sausage and Bean Pot

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by DisneyMumma, 4 December 2009 Social URL.

1. DisneyMumma

DisneyMumma Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Syn Free on Green! Just thought I would share one of my favourite recipes. You can choose to make this with Quorn Sausages or normal sausages depending on your preference.

Ingredients
    ------------
    6 Sausages
    2 crushed garlic cloves
    500ml Passata
    400g tin baked beans
    1 tbsp smoked paprika (can use normal if not available)
    1 chopped onion
    Optional: 4 rashers of bacon, fat cut off (if on red day, using as HE or syn it).

Method
    -------
    1. Heat frylight in a large non stick saucepan
    2. Add sausages and cook until almost ready (around 10 mins), then remove from the pan and set aside
    3. Add more frylight if needed, add the onion and cook for around 5 mins (add the bacon at this point if using)
    4. Add the garlic and cook for another minute
    5. Add the passata, baked beans and paprika then mix well
    6. Return sausages to the pan (i normally cut them in to chunks) and stir again
    7. Bring to a simmer and cook for around 15 mins

Syns
    -----
    FREE on Green if using Quorn sausages and no bacon, or syn the sausages if you want to use normal ones
    8 syns for half of this on Red if using Syn free sausages and bacon if you want; the syns are just for the baked beans.

I tend to serve this with Cajun spiced jacket potato wedges (also free on Green) - scrummy.

Last edited: 4 December 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kvb

kvb Member

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had almost the same for my supper tonight! Mine had sweetcorn and red peppers added to the mix and cannellini rather than baked beans. I use cajun spice mix instead of paprika. Really gives it an extra kick if you like things spicy. I had it with roasted butternut squash. Delicious and completely free on green!

4. DisneyMumma

DisneyMumma Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did used to use Cannellini beans, but seemed to prefer the taste using baked beans. Sometimes I use the Mean Beanz BBQ ones which is quite nice as well.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.