Sausage and onion loaf

zi-ann

I am going to make this tomorow night for tea, and thought i would share the recipe from the Seriously satisfying cookbook :D

Serves 4
5 pp per serving

450g pack of ww premium sausages
110g (4oz) fresh breadcrumbs
1 onion sliced very thinly
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
8 fresh sage leaves, chopped
low fat cooking spray
freshly ground black pepper

You will need a 900g (2lb) loaf tin

Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6/200c/fan oven 180c

Squeeze the sausage meat from thier skins into a large bowl.
Mix in the breadcrumbs, veggies and herbs (its easiest to do this with your hands) .. season with black pepper

Spray the loaf tine with the cooking spray and then press the mixture into the tin
Bake for 20-25 mins untill begining to brown on the top.
Serve in slices

Serve with a salad of Little Gem Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and apple slices.

Not to sound stupid but if I make my own breadcrumbs how many slices of bread would I roughly need to make the required amount?

Sounds yummy, marks n spencers do a lovely meatloaf with a tomato sauce, bet you could make a nice sauce to serve with this and some butternut squash chips!! Mmmmmmmm!! :)

Thanks for the recipe. :) I made this over the bank holiday weekend last week, and it was gorgeous.
Need to be sure to chop the sage finely though. I didn't, and there was quite a strong burst of flavour in a few slices. Not unpleasant, but a bit over-powering at times. That's me rushing the cooking for you. :p

Back