Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Sausage Casserole

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by xJox, 19 November 2009 Social URL.

1. xJox

xJox Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone

My kids are all asking for a sausage Casserrole for dinner tonight, but how I usually would do it would prolly be high in syns...

I've looked thro the posts and couldn't find anything, and i was wondering if any of you had a SW friendly receipe i could use.

Thanks
    Jo xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missyxx

missyxx Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i use quorn sausages syn free
    use a normal tomato, onion, mushroom etc sauce use whatever veg you want with stock cubes and if i want the sauce a bit thicker i use cornflour and just syn it
    imo its the lowest you can do and my kids dont even tell the diff between quorn sausages and normal
    btw i always do green days

4. darkcookie

darkcookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(17.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I make mine like this:

Serves 4
    FREE on EE

Ingredients:

1 x pack of Eat smart sausages - Morrisons (FREE)
    mushrooms
    carrots
    onion
    celery
    11 fl oz stock made with Bovril
    Salt & Pepper
    Fry Light
    1-2 Artificial sweetener (to taste)
    2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes

Method:

1. Preheat oven at gas mark 5. Chop the carrots, celery and onions. Place in a large pan with the herbs & stock. Season well, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer gently for 5-6 mins.

2 Cook the sausages, using frylight, cut into slices.

3. Add mushrooms to the veg & sausages, tomatoes & sweetener. Transfer to an oven proof dish and cook for 10-12 mins until bubbling. serve immediately & enjoy.

Freezes well.

I made this and it was georgous, will have to make it again very soon.

Hope this helps.:)

Lyn

5. xJox

xJox Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks very much both of you, I've now delayed this dish until tomorrow but I have all the things i need to make it so it will be all systems go at dinner time :D

6. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I made this one - it was lovely:

Sausage Casserole
    Ingredients:

8 Low fat sausages (syns will be dependant on Sausages used)
    2 chopped onions
    2 cloves garlic
    2 sticks celery
    2 chopped carrots
    2 tbsp flour (6 syns)
    2 tsp mixed herbs
    2 tsp beef stock granules
    1 tsp pepper
    ½ tsp paprika
    2 tsp boiling water
    1 tin chopped toms
    1 tin drained cannellini beans
    125ml Red wine (4 ½ Syns)

Method:

Spray a frying pan with frylight & brown the sausages, transfer to a casserole dish or slow cooker.

Add more fry light is necessary & then fry the onion, garlic, celery & carrots for a few minutes until soft, add the flour & mix well, heat for a couple of minutes then add to the casserole dish/slow cooker.

Combine all the dry ingredients & pour over the boiling water, add the wine, tomatoes & beans, pour everything into the casserole dish/slow cooker & mix well.

Cook in the slow cooker for around 8 hours or 2 hours in an oven (temp 180c)

Syns are dependent upon the sausages used but the recipe is 10 ½ syns plus sausages or an original or extra easy day

7. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    you can make a really quick one that my kids love,using sausages ( of course) onions, mushrooms and baked beans- i add a bit of worcester sauce too-just bung it all in the oven for about an hour.

I also make on using the bowyers spicey sausages ( they are 1 syn each i think) and as above btu canned toms instead of the beans.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.