Sausage Casserole

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by xJox, 19 November 2009 Social URL.

1. xJox

xJox Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone

My kids are all asking for a sausage Casserrole for dinner tonight, but how I usually would do it would prolly be high in syns...

I've looked thro the posts and couldn't find anything, and i was wondering if any of you had a SW friendly receipe i could use.

Thanks
    Jo xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missyxx

missyxx Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i use quorn sausages syn free
    use a normal tomato, onion, mushroom etc sauce use whatever veg you want with stock cubes and if i want the sauce a bit thicker i use cornflour and just syn it
    imo its the lowest you can do and my kids dont even tell the diff between quorn sausages and normal
    btw i always do green days

4. darkcookie

darkcookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(17.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I make mine like this:

Serves 4
    FREE on EE

Ingredients:

1 x pack of Eat smart sausages - Morrisons (FREE)
    mushrooms
    carrots
    onion
    celery
    11 fl oz stock made with Bovril
    Salt & Pepper
    Fry Light
    1-2 Artificial sweetener (to taste)
    2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes

Method:

1. Preheat oven at gas mark 5. Chop the carrots, celery and onions. Place in a large pan with the herbs & stock. Season well, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer gently for 5-6 mins.

2 Cook the sausages, using frylight, cut into slices.

3. Add mushrooms to the veg & sausages, tomatoes & sweetener. Transfer to an oven proof dish and cook for 10-12 mins until bubbling. serve immediately & enjoy.

Freezes well.

I made this and it was georgous, will have to make it again very soon.

Hope this helps.:)

Lyn

5. xJox

xJox Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks very much both of you, I've now delayed this dish until tomorrow but I have all the things i need to make it so it will be all systems go at dinner time :D

6. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I made this one - it was lovely:

Sausage Casserole
    Ingredients:

8 Low fat sausages (syns will be dependant on Sausages used)
    2 chopped onions
    2 cloves garlic
    2 sticks celery
    2 chopped carrots
    2 tbsp flour (6 syns)
    2 tsp mixed herbs
    2 tsp beef stock granules
    1 tsp pepper
    ½ tsp paprika
    2 tsp boiling water
    1 tin chopped toms
    1 tin drained cannellini beans
    125ml Red wine (4 ½ Syns)

Method:

Spray a frying pan with frylight & brown the sausages, transfer to a casserole dish or slow cooker.

Add more fry light is necessary & then fry the onion, garlic, celery & carrots for a few minutes until soft, add the flour & mix well, heat for a couple of minutes then add to the casserole dish/slow cooker.

Combine all the dry ingredients & pour over the boiling water, add the wine, tomatoes & beans, pour everything into the casserole dish/slow cooker & mix well.

Cook in the slow cooker for around 8 hours or 2 hours in an oven (temp 180c)

Syns are dependent upon the sausages used but the recipe is 10 ½ syns plus sausages or an original or extra easy day

7. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    you can make a really quick one that my kids love,using sausages ( of course) onions, mushrooms and baked beans- i add a bit of worcester sauce too-just bung it all in the oven for about an hour.

I also make on using the bowyers spicey sausages ( they are 1 syn each i think) and as above btu canned toms instead of the beans.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.