Sausage Casserole

xJox

Hi everyone

My kids are all asking for a sausage Casserrole for dinner tonight, but how I usually would do it would prolly be high in syns...

I've looked thro the posts and couldn't find anything, and i was wondering if any of you had a SW friendly receipe i could use.

Thanks
Jo xx

i use quorn sausages syn free
use a normal tomato, onion, mushroom etc sauce use whatever veg you want with stock cubes and if i want the sauce a bit thicker i use cornflour and just syn it
imo its the lowest you can do and my kids dont even tell the diff between quorn sausages and normal
btw i always do green days

I make mine like this:

Serves 4
FREE on EE

Ingredients:

1 x pack of Eat smart sausages - Morrisons (FREE)
mushrooms
carrots
onion
celery
11 fl oz stock made with Bovril
Salt & Pepper
Fry Light
1-2 Artificial sweetener (to taste)
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes

Method:

1. Preheat oven at gas mark 5. Chop the carrots, celery and onions. Place in a large pan with the herbs & stock. Season well, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer gently for 5-6 mins.

2 Cook the sausages, using frylight, cut into slices.

3. Add mushrooms to the veg & sausages, tomatoes & sweetener. Transfer to an oven proof dish and cook for 10-12 mins until bubbling. serve immediately & enjoy.

Freezes well.

I made this and it was georgous, will have to make it again very soon.

Hope this helps.:)

Lyn

Thanks very much both of you, I've now delayed this dish until tomorrow but I have all the things i need to make it so it will be all systems go at dinner time :D

I made this one - it was lovely:

Sausage Casserole
Ingredients:

8 Low fat sausages (syns will be dependant on Sausages used)
2 chopped onions
2 cloves garlic
2 sticks celery
2 chopped carrots
2 tbsp flour (6 syns)
2 tsp mixed herbs
2 tsp beef stock granules
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp paprika
2 tsp boiling water
1 tin chopped toms
1 tin drained cannellini beans
125ml Red wine (4 ½ Syns)

Method:

Spray a frying pan with frylight & brown the sausages, transfer to a casserole dish or slow cooker.

Add more fry light is necessary & then fry the onion, garlic, celery & carrots for a few minutes until soft, add the flour & mix well, heat for a couple of minutes then add to the casserole dish/slow cooker.

Combine all the dry ingredients & pour over the boiling water, add the wine, tomatoes & beans, pour everything into the casserole dish/slow cooker & mix well.

Cook in the slow cooker for around 8 hours or 2 hours in an oven (temp 180c)

Syns are dependent upon the sausages used but the recipe is 10 ½ syns plus sausages or an original or extra easy day

you can make a really quick one that my kids love,using sausages ( of course) onions, mushrooms and baked beans- i add a bit of worcester sauce too-just bung it all in the oven for about an hour.

I also make on using the bowyers spicey sausages ( they are 1 syn each i think) and as above btu canned toms instead of the beans.

Back