Sausages

MummyClaire

does anyone know what the syn value is for sausages you buy from the butchers ?
The ones i buy from the butchers near me produce no fat when grilled .... but they also dont come with nutritional information on them :8855:

xxx

It really would depend on each individual butcher's recipe, but as a general rule for standard grilled pork sausages (you will need to weigh them):
28g (thin) = 2.5 each
57g (thick) = 4.5 each
67g (large) = 5.5 each

xxx

wow thats high :( especially as they dont produce any fat when cooked :( i thought they would be around the same as low fat sausages :( maybe i shouldn't have eaten 3 for breakfast !!

their 50g so would be around 4 syns each :(

Well, we live and learn. I have done this kind of thing many times and have come to realise that; a) you can never assume something you think will be ok, will actually be ok, and b) always check syns BEFORE you eat!

That said, 12 syns is not the end of the world- it is still within your daily allowance, so just use free food for treats for the rest of the day

xxxx

lol yeah i know i should have checked first but still using up pre-diet food so they had to be eaten at sometime :) better used at the beginning of diet :)... they were worth the syns though i'm just not sure i should have had all the days syns in 1 meal lol :D ... i have steak with slimming chips and salad for tea tonight so at least i know my tea is syn free ... might go slightly over syns as will have a bit of ketchup with it (unless anyone knows any free sauces i could make to go with it)

xxx

Back