Saving all my syns for really rich ice cream

Kaimana

So it's my first day of SW. I feel like I'm eating more than I've ever eaten before (granted almost everything's a veggie), but I have one weakness....ice cream. I love it and I have a half-gallon of my favorite in the fridge (mmmm, apple pie from a micro-creamery in norcal...it's baaaad for you, I'm almost certain that butter is an ingredient). I haven't touched it because I wanted to know if I can even have it.

All I want is one small scoop. I was thinking I would use it occasionally as a reward for myself for foregoing all other syns during the day. Heck, I will forego multiple days of syns for this.

There are no SW meetings where I am and I'm basically following an SW book and this forum, so I really need to know what you think.

Thanks!

Hi there,

My consultant was discussing syns yesterday and how to use them. She basically said that you can use them daily or add them all up so you have up to 105 syns for the week and work down from there. She said that it did not matter which way you did it so by that reckoning i think you could have a scoop or two of your ice cream. What i will say is that as you don't know the syn value of it, if you have the calorie value then it is 20 calories per syn or worst case scenario, look for the ice cream in the book that has the largest syn value and use that. Better to over estimate at the end of the day and save syns than go over it.

You can have whatever you want for your syns! Work out the damage using the 1 syn = 20 calories rule and enjoy! I don't know how comparable it is, but Haagen-Dazs is roughly 15 syns per 100ml.

That's what your syns are there for! Is it on the SW database on the website? And can you stop at 1 scoop? :p

This ice cream definitely is not in the database. There's only one location where I can buy it and it's 6 hours away from LA. Believe me, I can stop because I know that if I eat the whole lot I'll have to get some more which means I'll a), have to drive for 12 hours roundtrip to buy it or b), wait until my boyfriend's mother comes to visit and have her to bring me a tub (or four).

I think I'll assign the highest syn value (1syn:20cal) because when I've finished eating my scoop, there is a layer of butter on my lips.

My weakness is ice cream too. :) I've been making slimming world ice cream lately which is not the same as my old pint of Ben & Jerry's, but it does his the spot and it's usually free. I actually made an apple pie flavour one this week. :)

If you do a search for 'slimming world ice cream recipe' either on minimins or google, you'll turn up some easy recipes.

Back