Scooby is New...but in it for the long haul! 12st+ to loose

Scooby

Hi everyone
:sign0144:

I hope it's ok that I join your forum, I've been reading for a couple of days before deciding to sign up tonight, it seems like I've stumbled across a great supportive place for people like me who understand this process and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all if you'll have me?

I'm Tracey, I'm 28 and weigh 24st 5.5lbs, which to be perfectly honestly I am absolutely mortified to admit. I cannot believe I have let myself get up to this weight. I've always struggled with my size, even as a child and have battled with every diet under the sun over the years and I'm not naive enough to blame the diets and say "Nothing works!" because yes- in reality the diets do work. What doesn't work however, is me shoving chocolate, cakes, pies, pizzas and ice cream in my mouth every evening and kidding myself that because I've followed the plan 100% during the day then it's ok to have a "small" (yeah right!) treat in the evening.

I'm hoping that this time will be the time I can really focus and see this through, there are stacks of reasons I want to loose weight but I guess the overwhelming one is that I really want to be a Mummy and at 28 I'm aware that I really need to get my bottom into gear and shift some weight to make the whole process safer for myself and my (hopefully one day) unborn baby.

You'd think this would be a big enough incentive wouldn't you but I still struggle, I told myself this (about the baby) over a year ago and yet still I have kept eating the rubbish at a rate of knots but I have given myself a stern talking to and am really hoping with your lovely ladies (and gentlemens?) help, I can do this for real this time.

At the minute I'm focussing on cutting out the processed rubbish and just getting back to basics, I'm also trying to limit my bread intake as this is a weakness for me and when I've done SW previously I've noticed cutting out the bread really boosts my losses. So I'm basically healthy eating, using elements of the slimming world plan and I'll weigh at home each Sunday. I'll see how I get on doing this for a few weeks and then evaluate how it's working and can always step it up a gear if needs be.

Anyway, I'm waffling on now so I'll shut up. Thank you for having me on your forum and I look forward to following your journey's and getting to know you all.

Tracey

I had some chocolate last night, so flipping angry at myself. It was in my mouth before I even thought about it and when I did realise what I was doing, did I stop? No! I carried on munching until half the (big) bar had gone, I'm so upset with myself, not even a week in and I'm already failing again :(

Welcome!
Good luck on your journey. I started at a similar BMI a so it will be great so follow your progress.

Different things work for different people, and it sounds like you have had a good think about what's going to work for you and what your weaknesses are. My main weakness iS portion size, because I am a GREEDY bear! eyes bigger the stomach... So it helps me to stick to the strict portions on slim fast. I am also an emotional eater and turn to chocolate or junk food if I have a bad day, so I find it really helps to not have junk food in the house (I'm weak!) and also to plan my meals and stick to the plan, and then if i get through a week sticking to the plan 100% that gives me this best feeling :)

good luck xxxxxx

Hi Scooby :wavey:

I'm pretty new here myself but everyone's lovely and really "gets" the challenges posed by having a bit more to lose than those people who feel like they're enormous and only weigh 10st 7lbs. I feel at home already. :)

Don't worry about the chocolate - that was kind of inevitable after writing that first post. :) ;) I don't know what it is about putting things out there, but I do know where it often leads! Don't change anything - don't try to eat less today. Just put it behind you and keep going as your plan sounds a really good one.

Hi Tracey with an 'e' :wavey:

Just dropping by to subscribe and to wish you luck on your journey. This is definitely the place to be for info, advice and lots and lots of support.

Tracy (without an 'e') x

Thanks for the welcome's ladies and thanks for making me feel better about the chocolate incident. I've taken your advice and drawn a line under it, today was a new day and all that jazz.

My husband and I have been so busy today sorting out our bedroom (drawers, wardrobe- under the bed- horrible loooonnnnggg task) that I've barely had time to think about food let alone be hungry so it's been a good day (so far- this time right now is danger time for me, but I'm full so hopefully it'll be ok).
I have had a cheeky chinese for tea but was sensible and just had a mushroom chow mein which seemed to be the best choice and coupled with the fact that all I've had for the rest of the day was a yoghurt and banana for breakfast and 4 oat crackers with lf philly and grapes at lunch, I'm hoping it'll be ok.

First weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed for a good loss to give me some extra motivation.

Off for a mooch about the forum now, going to subscribe to some of your threads if I can find them.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hi Tracey with an 'e' :wavey:

Just dropping by to subscribe and to wish you luck on your journey. This is definitely the place to be for info, advice and lots and lots of support.

Tracy (without an 'e') x

Haha- Hi Tracey without the "e", does everybody spell your name incorrectly too?! I've lost the will with spelling it out for people now so I just go with the flow!

Haha- Hi Tracey without the "e", does everybody spell your name incorrectly too?! I've lost the will with spelling it out for people now so I just go with the flow!

Haha yep! I tend to say without an e all the time.

OMG! I've lost 9lb!!! I'm so excited! I know it won't be like that every week but still, 9lb! That was soooooooooooooooo what I needed to give me that giant kick up the the bum to keep going with this....I'm wondering if a 5lb loss next week would be possible so I can hit that first stone...that might be pushing it but I can try!

Is it ok to use this thread as a food diary too? I've seen there is a food diaries section on minimins but I'm not great with keeping up with forums even though I want to so I'm thinking if I just stick to WEMITTS then I'll be better at joining in and following everybody's stories.

Happy Sunday everyone, have a great day! :)

Congrats Scooby!!!! Great first week xxxx

This is your thread - use it for whatever you like!! I find it really interesting to see food diaries, I like to get inspiration from them,

do you use my fitness pal? It's a great app for logging what you have eaten and really easy to use.

OMG! I've lost 9lb!!! I'm so excited! I know it won't be like that every week but still, 9lb! That was soooooooooooooooo what I needed to give me that giant kick up the the bum to keep going with this....I'm wondering if a 5lb loss next week would be possible so I can hit that first stone...that might be pushing it but I can try!

Is it ok to use this thread as a food diary too? I've seen there is a food diaries section on minimins but I'm not great with keeping up with forums even though I want to so I'm thinking if I just stick to WEMITTS then I'll be better at joining in and following everybody's stories.

Happy Sunday everyone, have a great day! :)

Wow, that's fantastic! :clap: :clap: :clap: Great start! So good when you get results like that - as you say, it's a real boost.

And yes, of course you can post your food here. Things are a bit more free and easy in this section of Minimins, so post whatever you want. Like Claire, I use MFP for tracking calorie - might be worth checking out if you've never seen it.

Hope you have a great Sunday. Hopefully there's no more bedroom cleaning on the agenda today? :)

Hello and welcome, Tracey! I'm another no "e" Tracy, lol. Well done on the 9lbs loss, that's fantastic! Keep up the good work. :) xx

Thank you everyone, I'm still buzzing from my loss. Over the flipping moon!

I have heard of my fitness pal but never tried it, perhaps I'll have a look there at some point- maybe next time my motivation is low.

I think I have subscribed to all of your threads now- I hope so, I'm not the most technical person in the world, apart from yours S_J_B- have you got one?

That's great to know that you guys think it is ok for me to use this as a food diary too, I think I'll definitely give that a try.

So, Sundays for me are traditionally the worst eating day of the week. Hubby and I have got into a terrible habit of sitting down on a Sunday afternoon with the coffee table filled with junk food and just basically eating the afternoon away, which I know is disgusting and shameful. So, with this in mind I wanted my meals today to be really tasty and "treat like" to hopefully prevent a binge so I planned some naughty style meals in a healthier way (I hope anyway)

Breakfast: Bacon Sandwich (bacon medallions, 2 slices wholemeal bread spread with LF margarine)
Lunch (literally just had lunch as this is normally binge eating time so was hoping a nice big meal will help): Homemade turkey burger on a wholemeal roll with a sprinkle of LF cheese on with a small baby leaf salad garnish, philly mushrooms and sweet potato wedges.

It was yummy, even hubby thought so and I'm stuffed- fingers crossed I stay that way.
Thought my lunch looked epic so decided to take a photo- lol! I am sad:

20141102_145131.jpg

Hi scooby :) just seen your thread and I could have written exactly what you did. I'm about the same weight as you too and keep saying I will get down for babies and struggling! But I'm starting a new leaf :) I'm cal counting on mfp and trying to make healthier choices too.

Wishing you lots of luck, and we'll done on that 9 lbs! ! Amazing :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

hi scooby
good luck love on your journey great people on here x x x:D

Back