Saving money on SW!

It's such a tough call though isn't it? And in these austere (ish) times, something has to give!

We can't do it all. When it's three times the price for those items I can see why you've switched!!!

Absolutely! I used to just go to the shop and buy whatever we wanted or needed. I never used to stop and think about the cost until OH and I sat down to go through our finances and realised how much we spent on stupid things.

I was pleased to know we were supporting local businesses but we had to draw a line somewhere :(

A few years back I used to have an organic veg box delivered weekly/fortnightly, and never used to think much about how much it cost. I used to love the fact that you got a variety of veg, sometimes not knowing what would be in there until the box arrived! And the flavours were amazing.

When OH and I started doing SW approx 10 weeks back I seriously considered getting the veg boxes again, until I looked at the price of them. They've not gone up hugely since I last had them (Approx £2 increase) but taking into account the increases in everything else - gas, electric, fuel - I just couldn't justify it.

These days I do my shopping online with Tesco and very often buy their Market Value produce - most certainly the MV potatoes, onions, green beans and plums.

Whilst I would love to support the local producers and have the organic veg boxes again, I just can't justify the money.

Which reminds me, I really just visit my parents and raid their veg garden (and freezer for the veg that has already been harvested!).

Back