Saving syns for alcohol at the weekend...

lottie3289

Hi there. :wave_cry:

This is my first post so please forgive me if I've put it in the wrong place.

I have done SW before, lost a stone and a half and then put it all back on again. This time I'm back for good! I have been doing SW since 16 September. I'm really happy with my loss so far (8.5 lb) with a STS last week due to TOTM. I'm feeling optimistic about this week. I'm very good with food, only eating free foods and only 1 or 2 syns per day on salad dressing etc.

However, I'm only 21 so at the weekend I like to go out and have a VERY good time. This often involves about 40 syns worth of alcohol. I was just wondering people's opinions on this. Am I the only person that does this? I cannot imagine that I am!

I religiously keep a food diary every week and write down everything and average out every week to have used around 60 or just under 70 syns.

Thanks guys!

Id be interested to hear responses to this too! Alcohol at the weekend is deffinately my syn-binge downfall, and although I try to stick to single vodka and diet coke, they soon add up :(

I always have that intention sammyb but can't resist a large glass of rose halfway through the night. Also my friends always buy us sambucca and I can't say no thanks!

Well done on your loss so far!

Personally, I think you should just stick to what you're doing, as it seems to be working at the mo.

However, if you find your losses slow down, or stop, this is something you may have to give up, just for a while. Just while you get to your target :)

And then you can get straight back on the Vodka and diet coke - that's another thing. What do you drink? You could always make sure you're drinking lower syn drinks (like Vodka and diet coke). When I was at uni, I was doing Weight Watchers and I MADE myself like Malibu and diet coke, as it was the lowest points drink! Can't bear it now though!

Kirsty x

Every Saturday night MiL comes round with wine & choc, I can have anywhere between 30-75 syns per night. I always make sure I count the amount of syns I've had and deduct this from my weekly syn allowance. Fortunately WI is a Thursday so this fits in well with wine & choc night:D

For me its important I still have my wine & chocs as it is something I've always done & stops me from feeling deprived.

I drink rose wine, vodka, amaretto, malibu, sourz, sambucca, love cider but won't go there with SW. I also find it extremely hard to drink singles!

I drank every night before I started SW 6 weeks ago. Cutting back drink on its own had proved unsuccessful. As I have progressed, I just find I want to drink less as the end goal of getting some shape back into this old body of mine is more important to me. I don't think anything is good or bad, just a matter of personal choice. You may find that as you are doing so well, those nights out can be just as fun with just one or two less. Life is too short to be good all the time, but if you get to your target you can have so many more choices....

Thanks everyone, all comments very appreciated and I will bear them all in mind. It's just very hard when I'm only 21 and go out partying every weekend! Good luck on your journey to everyone. xx

Oh yeah, and one thing I noticed, I laid off the drinks for a while, and now drink less, so my tollerance to alcohol has gone right down, and I find that I can get away with drinking singles and still get suitably 'merry' on a night out ;) maybe you could try that, have a little de-tox for a couple of weeks, then drink smaller amounts :)

I like a drink too, i hate diet coke with a passion like i cant bear it or anything, i usually drink vodka and lemonade with a dash of blackcurrent in. So i have no idea what i will drink coz vodka and coke just dnt do it for me.
Maybe i could try Mailbu and diet coke but i dnt know if i'd like it or Amerretto and cranberry juice but again i dnt know the syn values for these as i aint been faced with drinking yet :)
As u say ur only 21 and ur enjoying ur life ur only young once so why not, it's one of them u wanna lose weight but u wanna have fun so it's finding a drink u love that aint to bad on the old syn value! If u find one let me know too haha i maybe 27 but i love to go pub and drink x x x

Thanks Shelly, that's very helpful. I wish you all the best on your journey. The other day I found Smirnoff Apple which I'm assuming is 4 syns like the standard Smirnoff. It was so delicious and I had it with slimline tonic! That's a good tip from me for a nice drink. They also do Smirnoff Lime!

21, 27 or 67... we still need to go out at the weekends and reward ourselves! xx

Back