Savoury Rice

Lynn_

On A Mission!
Tesco Value Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice, 27p a pack and 120 cals for half a pack. I add a tsp of curry powder to it, its delicious and filling, and a bargain!

Also Tesco have pork shoulder steaks on offer, a pack of 5 is usually around £4.60, but get 3 packs for £10, thats 15 pork steaks for £10! They work out at about 300 cals each but are a good size and the ones I have bought are very lean.

I cook the pork and rice together. I put half litre of water in a pan, add 1 teaspoon curry powder and a scant teaspoon chicken stock powder, cut up 2 pork steaks and simmer them in the water for 10 minutes, then add the pack of rice and simmer for 20 mins until rice cooked and all water absorbed. Add some fresh or frozen veg towards the end of cooking. Makes 2 portions for about 440 cals, and is very tasty and filling.

Thanks for this :) I love Pork and often eat the Loin Steaks (trimmed of fat of course). Will try them with rice!

I seen this to but it says per HALF pack 220 calories?? it says 2 servings in pkt also.x

ohhh, I checked my new pack and it does say 220 for half, the older ones say 120. Must have been a printng error. But even so, at 100 cals more its still a really delicious tasty and filling meal.

Back