Savoury Rice

goagirl

Hello

If I cook a packet of savoury rice tonight, will I be able to re-heat it in the microwave at work tomorrow for my lunch?

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks
Ali

I've done it and survived... quite a few times..! Sometimes need to add a tablespoon of water so it doesn't dry out too much

Thanks for that. I'm trying think of different work lunches that are quick and filling for my 12 - 8 shift!

Yeah it's a funny shift - I can never be bothered to cook by the time I get home because it feels too late to start cooking.

Just make sure it's MEGA hot! :)

im on 11-8 this week, and yesterday i had a baked potato and tuna. did the potato in the micro at home and then just re-heated it at work. today i had slow cooked beef stew with loads of veg, which i put in the slow cooker yesterday morning. OH had his stew last night. tonight he is having sausages chips and beans, and i will have my share of the sausages tomorrow for lunch 2moro with some veg and gravy.

so im kind of a day behind on my meals if you see what i mean....works quite well for me.

I've been thinking about getting a slow cooker so my tea is ready when I get in at 8.30. Never used one before - do you just put raw meat, potatos and veg into it with gravy granules and water?

Pretty much yeah! Doesnt have to be gravy, you can use stock, herbs, tomatoes or packet mixes. It doesnt thicken as well as in the oven so make sure its not too runny before you put it in or it'll be watery :)

Oh, and i think youre suppsed to put the veg on the bottom and meat on top - check the recipes section for lots of ideas :)

i try not to put the meat right at the top as it can dry out....i try to make the meat my middle layer if im doing a stew.
i love my slow cooker and use it loads, espcially when im on lates, as other wise OH would live off of junk all week! this was there is a meal ready for him when he gets in!

Back