Saying hello ,

Bloater

Tomorrow is my start date, I have had a life long battle with weight and unfortunately only seem to be myself when I am slimmer. The rest of the time of wander around being mum, employee, non sexual invisible if I can.
So been single for three years in fact not even looked at a bloke for that time. Need to get a grip and get a life. So I am here.
Have done vlcd for short periods with success but have struggled to get through the first week in recent years. Hope this forum will help me this time. Just wanted to say hello, get inspired and prepare myself for tomorrow. This time I won't be hitting the chip shop for that last meal gonna try and low carb a bit today. Any tips great fully received
Donna

Hi Donna... U really could have written it post myself as I am exactly the same !!! The main thing is that u r gonna try again so don't worry about how many times u tried before just think this time will be the last time and take it one day at a time :))))). I have just had my 1st weigh in and lost 8 1/2 lb so it is achievable and if u have to tweek it a bit to suit u then do it x

Liz xx

Hello!!
Distraction is the key for the first week. It's a struggle pushing the hunger pangs to one side and ignoring your cravings. But it's also enlightening to see what bad habits you have and to break them. Countless times I've been bored and wanted to eat - I wasn't hungry - just wanted to eat. Made me realise just how much snacking I did!
Experiment with the meals too - there's some great recipes on here - I'm on week five and haven't even worked my way into double figures on the recipes yet and am really enjoying it so far.
Remember food will always be there (in moderation) - you're not missing out, you're achieving your goal and postponing the taste of something.
Good luck and make use of these forums! They are a diet lifesaver!!

Keep us updated :) xx

Hi Donna, how have your first few days gone?

The first week wasnt too bad for me, but I was in the zone, and nothing was going to stop me! I hope you are doing well. X

Back