GuyByTheSea

Hi All,

I'm a guy in my 30's with a wife and 2 kids. Having battled weight my whole life and trying diffirent things over the years. At the start of 2019 my wife joined slimming world and i soon followed as a way to support her and learn about to help make better choices. After 6 months I had gone from 19st-ish to 14st. After a change with my shifts at work, a house move and having to move my kids schools, (not to mention Christmas, New Year and then lock down) I had put all the weight back on and more. Due to the house move and change at work I wasn't able to go to groups with slimming world and tried going it alone to little to no results.

After feeling the way I do (mentally and physically) and yet another change in my shifts this time for the better. I feel now is the time to take the bull by the horns and get this monkey off my back.

I have pictuers of when i first started, when i got down to 14st and for when i started again at the end of june.

Attachments

• IMG_20190105_120749490.jpg
    IMG_20190105_120749490.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20190105_120759935.jpg
    IMG_20190105_120759935.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190608_104234535.jpg
    IMG_20190608_104234535.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190608_104242579_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20190608_104242579_BURST001.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200708_093406413.jpg
    IMG_20200708_093406413.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200708_093411499.jpg
    IMG_20200708_093411499.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Welcome onboard! :)
We are here to push you when you get stuck, to support you when you feel low and to drag you thru with us to the goal! What diet are you starting?
I'm on Exante. Finding it quite easy to follow.
Whatever you decide, good luck!
Let's do this!!! :whacky068: :whacky068: :whacky068:

Welcome to you. You’ve made an amazing transformation before so I’m confident you can do it again.

There’s lots of support on here and if you want to get involved there’s a slimmer by Christmas challenge quite a few of us are involved in as well as keeping our own diaries.

I started in January and joined here a few weeks in. I was following SW, or trying to, and was doing it on my own. I found posting on my diary as well as on a weekly weigh in thread really helped keep me accountable and properly keep track. I found reading other people’s diaries quite inspirational.

Hope we can all help you and good luck. :)

Welcome onboard! :)
We are here to push you when you get stuck, to support you when you feel low and to drag you thru with us to the goal! What diet are you starting?
I'm on Exante. Finding it quite easy to follow.
Whatever you decide, good luck!
Let's do this!!! :whacky068: :whacky068: :whacky068:
Thank you. I'm following slimming world. Best of luck to you.

Welcome to you. You’ve made an amazing transformation before so I’m confident you can do it again.

There’s lots of support on here and if you want to get involved there’s a slimmer by Christmas challenge quite a few of us are involved in as well as keeping our own diaries.

I started in January and joined here a few weeks in. I was following SW, or trying to, and was doing it on my own. I found posting on my diary as well as on a weekly weigh in thread really helped keep me accountable and properly keep track. I found reading other people’s diaries quite inspirational.

Hope we can all help you and good luck. :)
Thank you.

I found with going to group made me feel accountable which made it a bit easier to stick to it. Once We stopped going it became easier to cheat. Having a food diary (that i plan on listing here) helps a lot. Having myself, my wife and our 2 kids all eating the same meals has made it far easier to keep to plan and have less temptation.

It would be great to have a place for support and to be supportive of others aswell. Trying to deal with an issuse like this isn't easy at the best of time never mind with all the temptation there is in the world.

Thank you.

I found with going to group made me feel accountable which made it a bit easier to stick to it. Once We stopped going it became easier to cheat. Having a food diary (that i plan on listing here) helps a lot. Having myself, my wife and our 2 kids all eating the same meals has made it far easier to keep to plan and have less temptation.

It would be great to have a place for support and to be supportive of others aswell. Trying to deal with an issuse like this isn't easy at the best of time never mind with all the temptation there is in the world.
One thing that really helped me was to find slimming versions of my favourite meals - that way I don’t feel deprived. So I now have some great recipes for curries, Chinese etc and I’ve not once been tempted to order takeaway. I also found low syn treats - Quavers if I fancied something savoury and fibre one milk chocolate popcorn bar if I wanted something sweet. That way if I was tempted I had something to take that feeling away without going way over on syns.

If you fancy joining the Christmas challenge I’ll put the link below. You can join at any time you want. I have to say when I first joined the site I didn’t join challenges straight away, but I did read them and it was a great way to get to know some of the regular posters.

One thing that really helped me was to find slimming versions of my favourite meals - that way I don’t feel deprived. So I now have some great recipes for curries, Chinese etc and I’ve not once been tempted to order takeaway. I also found low syn treats - Quavers if I fancied something savoury and fibre one milk chocolate popcorn bar if I wanted something sweet. That way if I was tempted I had something to take that feeling away without going way over on syns.

If you fancy joining the Christmas challenge I’ll put the link below. You can join at any time you want. I have to say when I first joined the site I didn’t join challenges straight away, but I did read them and it was a great way to get to know some of the regular posters.

I'll have a look at that tonight once the kids are settled, (only time i'll get peace. Lol). I'm all up for fun while slimming down.

We are the same. We have a sort list of our fav meals etc. Found not have anywhere to turn when feeling low, dis-heartend or tempted bad for my efforts. I miss the sence of community. We all have good and bad days, we all stummble. Its how you deal with it that matters I feel and have a place to go helps out no end.

On that note one of my fav meals would be home made egg fried rice with chicken breast and curry sauce. Just yum yum. With the rice being free slimming wise I like it more than from a take away.

My other massive fav is honey chilli chicken with boild rice. OMG soooo good. Lol. And only i think 2.5 syns per person.

I'll have a look at that tonight once the kids are settled, (only time i'll get peace. Lol). I'm all up for fun while slimming down.

We are the same. We have a sort list of our fav meals etc. Found not have anywhere to turn when feeling low, dis-heartend or tempted bad for my efforts. I miss the sence of community. We all have good and bad days, we all stummble. Its how you deal with it that matters I feel and have a place to go helps out no end.

On that note one of my fav meals would be home made egg fried rice with chicken breast and curry sauce. Just yum yum. With the rice being free slimming wise I like it more than from a take away.

My other massive fav is honey chilli chicken with boild rice. OMG soooo good. Lol. And only i think 2.5 syns per person.
Those dishes sound yummy.
This is a place you can definitely come when you have a wobble. We’ve all been there. I’ve had great support from people here.

I'm restarting my journey also. Life can be so hard at times and its easy to just reach for the snacks, well it is for me. But i'm going to do it this time! You've smashed it once and can do it again without a doubt.
Will need to try some of the recipes mentioned.

Good luck

I'm restarting my journey also. Life can be so hard at times and its easy to just reach for the snacks, well it is for me. But i'm going to do it this time! You've smashed it once and can do it again without a doubt.
Will need to try some of the recipes mentioned.

Good luck
Best of luck to you on the restart.

I totally agree, once things start to get overwelming its easy to fall into old habits. A big problem I found going it alone was getting bored of eating the same things all the time. Through either not knowing about other ideas or not wanting to take a chance on something new having no idea about it. I found with group once poeple got to know you and your tastes they would recomend things or tell you about something they did't thing they would like but did. From what I have seen/read on here I feel its going to be a great and friendly place where we all help each other.

If i remember before work I'll try and look ing the recipes I talked about and will post on here.

That is soo true, I start eating the same thing again and again and eventually you get bored. So having that bundle of tasty recipes that others highly rate help me to try new things I may not have thought of.

Yes everyone has been really friendly so far. Whenever you have time I would love to see some new recipes.

Thank you

That is soo true, I start eating the same thing again and again and eventually you get bored. So having that bundle of tasty recipes that others highly rate help me to try new things I may not have thought of.

Yes everyone has been really friendly so far. Whenever you have time I would love to see some new recipes.

Thank you
The key for me has been variety and making sure I have recipes which make me feel like I’m not depriving myself. I’m lucky that I love cooking and also that I have had time for researching and planning. Having a partner who will willingly try everything I put in front of him also helps!

I’ve posted a few recipes on here and have some in my diary as well. I got inspiration from other people’s diaries and recipes on here as well as scouring the internet, magazines and a couple of recipe books.

Beef curry in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. I’ve not made it before and I’ve created the recipe after reading a few others. It’s smelling good already, hope it tastes good later.

@Bb2020 are there any particular meals you’d love a recipe for?

Welcome GuyByTheSea👋

You had brilliant success before with SW and I’m sure you will again.

For some more inspirational SW recipes, check out the links below...

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world-recipes.150/

Welcome GuyByTheSea👋

You had brilliant success before with SW and I’m sure you will again.

For some more inspirational SW recipes, check out the links below...

https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world-recipes.150/

Thank you for the welcome.

Thanks for the recipes. Will have a look over the weekend. See what the wife is willing to rustle up for us. Lol. (Shes the cook in our house, I could burn rice. Lol)

As promised. Lol. The recipies for the two dishes I was talking about.
IMG_20200828_150528397.jpg
IMG_20200828_150539364.jpg

Hi All,

I'm a guy in my 30's with a wife and 2 kids. Having battled weight my whole life and trying diffirent things over the years. At the start of 2019 my wife joined slimming world and i soon followed as a way to support her and learn about to help make better choices. After 6 months I had gone from 19st-ish to 14st. After a change with my shifts at work, a house move and having to move my kids schools, (not to mention Christmas, New Year and then lock down) I had put all the weight back on and more. Due to the house move and change at work I wasn't able to go to groups with slimming world and tried going it alone to little to no results.

After feeling the way I do (mentally and physically) and yet another change in my shifts this time for the better. I feel now is the time to take the bull by the horns and get this monkey off my back.

I have pictuers of when i first started, when i got down to 14st and for when i started again at the end of june.
Hi welcome along, I too am starting again on SW. Not been on plan for about 10 months, did not put it all on again, but most of it. I am starting 10lbs lighter than my previous most heaviest, so for me that is a boost. Can't say anymore than what others have said, but there is a lot of support on here, it is fun, supportive and you feel like you are part of something nice. Good luck!!!!

Hi welcome along, I too am starting again on SW. Not been on plan for about 10 months, did not put it all on again, but most of it. I am starting 10lbs lighter than my previous most heaviest, so for me that is a boost. Can't say anymore than what others have said, but there is a lot of support on here, it is fun, supportive and you feel like you are part of something nice. Good luck!!!!
Thank you for the kind words. If you have done it before I know you can do it again. I feel this site will be a massive help and I hope to help others in turn.

Best of luck to you.

The key for me has been variety and making sure I have recipes which make me feel like I’m not depriving myself. I’m lucky that I love cooking and also that I have had time for researching and planning. Having a partner who will willingly try everything I put in front of him also helps!

I’ve posted a few recipes on here and have some in my diary as well. I got inspiration from other people’s diaries and recipes on here as well as scouring the internet, magazines and a couple of recipe books.

Beef curry in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. I’ve not made it before and I’ve created the recipe after reading a few others. It’s smelling good already, hope it tastes good later.

@Bb2020 are there any particular meals you’d love a recipe for?

Thank you! Would love family favourite recipes, like lasagne? Something that i can make for the whole family that the kids would eat too. xx

Back