Scales..are they calibrated every week

Tracie11

I've been going to my local SW since end May last year and I have lost just over a stone and kept it off over Xmas, now I'm hoping to get another stone off by the Summer.
However not happy this week at putting half a pound on a SW on their scales when I know I have lost two and half pounds this week. My scales at home are always spot on with the SW ones and I have only noticed a change when there is someone else taking the club with their scales when our lady is on holiday, sometimes this can be as much as 1.5lbs.
My question is are they calibrated every week? I would have though they are done so every time they are moved. I came out of the club Wed night, annoyed, despondent and like I'd been ripped off. I don't think I was the only one surprised by the weight gain or lack of lose because the guy in front of me had a surprised look on his face and that wasn't from a weight lose I found out after, he was just as annoyed.
Anyone shed any light on whether the scales are calibrated frequently. I'm going to another club next week to try other scales.

I've had this feeling myself, but then at the end of the day other people in the group lost 3 or 4 lbs when normally they didn't loose that much, so perhaps I was just looking for someone to blame as i felt id been good.
But remember, if the other ladies scales are different then when your normal person comes back you'll have an extra good loss showing on the scales.

Well I have tested my theory that the scales aren't correct. Since my weigh in on that Wednesday night I have purposely maintained my weight as they show on my scales, I went to a different weigh in this week, my weight was exactly the same on my scales as it had been the previous week and low and behold I weighed 2.5 pounds lighter! thats the 2.5 pounds off that the other club scales said I hadn't shifted. Feel like I'm being ripped off here somewhere along the line. I'll persevere with it at this other club until I've lost another stone.

You should really stick to the same pair of scales. It's annoying when scales read differently as you don't really know where you are with your weight. As long as they sts or go down then stick with it. :)

To be honest I've had that same thought, I work in my local hospital and our scales have to be spot on so it came as a bit of a surprise that I'd not lost as much As I thought I had but as long as I can see it going down I'm happy

Back