Scales Help.... which one to believe.

rugbykirsty87

Never Give Up
I need some help and advice please..

I got some new scales today, that don't need batteries you know the normal dial ones. Anyway, i put them on the same spot as the ones that I currently have that require a batterys and are digital.

I weighed myself on the new ones and Im 10lb lighter then the one that requires batterys. My question is now. Which ones do i believe and should i take the new reading on my weigh day on Monday from the new ones?

Please Help.

I'd go with the digital. I KNOW the mechanical ones at school are wrong as they are almost a stone lighter than the gym ones, my home ones and my doctors!!!! I wish I was a stone lighter :(

probably the digital ones. i have three sets between mine and my mums house and it was driving me crazy having to subtract for one set or add for another. in the end i only now weigh myself on one set at the same time each day. the weight almost doesnt matter as im not aiming for a number really as much as how i look.

If you really want to know, borrow someone elses digital scales and see which is closest to it. the spring powered ones are easier to interpret in your favour (by looking at it from a different perspective)and degrade over time whereas the digital ones give you a number that you cant argue with.

I'd go to Boots or Superdrug and pay for a weigh, then compare it with your scales at home and you'll know which are most accurate.

Witch ever you go for, just stick with them and you will know if you are losing as they will go down, and I'd pick the digital ones.

I just ordered some new digital ones after my friend dropped a drink over my old ones and now they have gone a bit mad. Everytime I get on I am a different weight in the space of minutes! I seem to weigh less on the non digital ones but I find they are less accurate.

thanks all. im off to boots today to weigh myself and then ill look and see which ones most accurate, just so i know what kind of weight I am roughly to compare to my scales.

I got to boots. My new scales are definatley wrong, but im happy my body fat has dropped from 52% to 37%!!

Asda own scales. They are £3.50 or so!

Back