Scales - how often do you get on

You should weigh yourself once a week on the same day at the same time. Don't weigh every day because your weight goes up and down.

I'm a slave to the scales. I'm doing CD Sole Source so I have absolutely no control over what happens on the scales, I can't try any harder to lose weight (if there's a gain) nor can I treat myself (if I've had a good loss). So I don't really know why I do it. Reassurance I guess, I don't know..........

hi evry1 my scales have gone 2 my mums ..im on day 5 of restart cambridge. i must admit 2 being a serial weigher and it drives me nuts so only once a week 4 me by my cdc xx

I get on everyday when I think it is falling off...unless it is coming off too quick cos then it freaks me out, or I then do not get on for several days if I think I am holding onto water, maybe then just once a week so it is then a nice surprise when I have lost several pounds. But certainly in the first 2 weeks I was getting on once or twice a day, now about every 3 days or so

I weigh myself twice a day, in the morning after a wee, and then just before I go to bed. I write it all down, but only change my ticker (that's my 'official' weight) once a week. I find that doing it like that helps me see the direction that my weight is going in, and gives me a reality check if I've been cheating or going overboard with something (can you say fudge? Teacakes?!)

Ah, the old weighing question. Its weird that when I am on a diet, I weigh each day - but when I get to goal, I tend not to...and that's when the weight goes back on.

So, I have decided that I will weigh each day - knowing that my weight can fluctuate a bit and that if I stick to the plan, it can't not work....so few calories going in can't result in a long term gain!

After reaching goal, I will continue to weigh each day - as someone else has said, just to keep a check on it and then react quickly when, and if, I put some weight on.

I am not going through this again!!!

LRO xx

I used to be a habitual scale jumper at least 3-4 times a day and yes, before and after a trip to the loo - hangs head in shame!

I have a set of scales, but I only weigh once a week. I was obsessed by the reading to the point of a gain would see me running to the kitchen for a biscuit or 5.
To wean yourself off the scales is hard (a bit like a drug), but you can do it!!

i weigh in once a day at the same ish time, just after i get up, before i have my brekkie shake, after the loo. i can handle a gain if i know i deserve it like the other day when it took me 3 days to lose the 1lb i put on after boozing and eating pork scratchings and a big fat burger. if i didnt weigh myself then i would lose track.

My 'official' weigh day is on Monday mornings after toilet, before brekkie. That's when I update my ticket. Though I confess out of curiousity I usually weigh a few more times during the week.

Far too much! I admit I'm slightly obsessed with the scales. They're just right there in the bathroom, and I often can't help weighing myself sneakily. I don't count anything during the week as an "offical" weight though. I only record my weight on my proper weigh in day - Sunday.

I keep my scales at my boyfriend's so I can only weigh myself when I'm with him, most often on Tuesday. I'm trying to weigh myself monthly to stop myself getting obsessed by numbers. It's a hard habit to kick though and now I jump on any scales going. That hardly gives me an accurate reading because each set can be slightly different, whether they're on heard floor or carpet, what time of day it is.... there are just too many variables to control. Doesn't stop me doing it though.

I weigh myself at boots every thursday around 10:30 always happy witht he loss, put my ticket on the fridge. 2stone 6lbs lost in 9 weeks!

Well, I gave in and bought a scale yesterday..AHHHHHH! I am soooooo soooooo soooooo nervous to weigh myself for the first time in a month and a half tomorrow morning. I have been working so hard and it has the potential to completely destroy me, but there is no other way I can know what works for me and what doesn't. So, I will post my new weight tomorrow morning.:confused:

Back