scales

utternutta

what scales do you use? I use the WW ones but they give me such random readings sometimes... i do it in the bathroom and i have only got to move it slightly and im a different weight... thats not normal is it... need some more sturdy ones i think as they are a bit tempermental.....:eek:

Sometimes it isn't the scales that are the problem but the floor surface. Our house is old and slopes, and isn't totally hard. SO I have to put my scales on the lid of the washing bin, which is very solid, thick wood. This gives me an accurate reading. Is your floor tiled or vinyl, etc? Tiled floors are probably more accurate, and mine is vinyl.
I use a set from Amazon, Elite Digital Designer Bathroom Scales: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty
They aren't in stock, but they are called Elite Digital Designer Bathroom Scales, and seem to be very accurate (on the right surface!)
They were about £20 I think... you might still be able to get them!

Recently my dad bought me some medical scales, ones used in surgeries etc. They're just as accurate (maybe even better) than the SW scales. I love them. x

I use ww scales too & have found them ok if I use them on a hard suurface such as wood or tiles. Put them on carpet though & they have a mind of their own!!!

I dont have any and never will - I've seen the frustration it causes - both here and in person.

Last night a lady who joined last week and bought a 12 week countdown said she didnt know whether to come this week as she hadnt lost anything.

She'd been on and off the scales several times a day and by her reckoning hadnt lost a single lb - in fact she thought she may have gained.

She lost 2lbs.

But had a miserable week inbetween, and very nearly threw away £50 worth of countdown thinking there was no point.

Absolutely not worth it.

I've been known to lose 3lbs in as many minutes simply by dragging my wii fit board 6 inches across the floor. Luckily I know not to take the slightest bit of notice of it.

mandy296 said:
I dont have any and never will - I've seen the frustration it causes - both here and in person.

Last night a lady who joined last week and bought a 12 week countdown said she didnt know whether to come this week as she hadnt lost anything.

She'd been on and off the scales several times a day and by her reckoning hadnt lost a single lb - in fact she thought she may have gained.

She lost 2lbs.

But had a miserable week inbetween, and very nearly threw away £50 worth of countdown thinking there was no point.

Absolutely not worth it.

I've been known to lose 3lbs in as many minutes simply by dragging my wii fit board 6 inches across the floor. Luckily I know not to take the slightest bit of notice of it.

Just what I was thinking of saying!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mine cost me £15 but dont ask where I got them as I forgot lol. I do know I cant use them on carpets has it goes haywall lol. Mine were 1-2lbs out of SW scales but since I do the plan from home now I just use my scales as reference :)

She lost 2lbs.

Absolutely not worth it.

Agreed, if you weigh more than once a week the readings will never be accurate. As at home weigher, I weigh once a week & no more, I know how much it can mess with your head! :eek:

I use the WW ones and have always found them to be really good and consistant, even with the "Standing on different bits of the scales to see if I can drop half a pound" trick lol. I use them on bathroom tiles without the little feet they supply.

I have some ww ones and sometimes they were great and other times they would give me different readings. This time I've decided to lose weight for the very last time so I joined a class 6 weeks ago so I don't use my ww at home anymore well, not till I go on holiday and want to weigh my suitcase in 34 more weigh ins! Not counting.... Honest!!

A while back I was weighing myself twice a day at home and I really don't think it's good for your head as your weight fluctuates so much day to day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've blue topped argos scales (sorry don't know name). I've wooden floors and viynl flooring in bathroom. both read the same weight even if i jump on and off 10 times.
At home, I weigh first thing after going to the loo in just my underwear.. when I get weighed at group i'm 2 to 3 pounds heavier..

Isn't your true weight the one you weigh in the morning before eating or drinking?

BuzzyBee said:
I've blue topped argos scales (sorry don't know name). I've wooden floors and viynl flooring in bathroom. both read the same weight even if i jump on and off 10 times.
At home, I weigh first thing after going to the loo in just my underwear.. when I get weighed at group i'm 2 to 3 pounds heavier..

Isn't your true weight the one you weigh in the morning before eating or drinking?

Yes, I think that is most accurate. I am always 1-2 lbs heavier at night!

I've always weighed first thing after going to the loo. But to be honest as long as you weigh at the same time each week the overall trend will be the same xx

i get weighed at home on my WII. i know they arent totaly acurate as i lay them on the carpet, but as long as they are going down im not to bothered if they are a couple pounds out! x

beckyblue said:
i get weighed at home on my WII. i know they arent totaly acurate as i lay them on the carpet, but as long as they are going down im not to bothered if they are a couple pounds out! x

Are u meant to be heavier or lighter in carpet? I weigh myself on my wii each week too

Back