scales

Miss MDG

Hey all

What scales do you go by? My pharmacist weighs me in Kg and my electronic and normal scales are in stones.

His scales tell me im 14.4 stones yet both mine say 13.12.

Gets a little confusing -_-

I had a similar problem, the ones at the chemist aren't digital and too are measured in kg. The main problem being is she kept writing it down wrong since she was looking at it from an angle whereas me being stood on top could see it exactly how it was which sometimes was 1 sometimes 2kg difference! Decided to go get myself some expensive digital scales that does everything and measures to 0.1 of a pound (water, muscle etc) and I was right, I was weighing in a good 4lbs lighter! So I just try to ignore the scales at the chemist and go by my own.

Yea my chemist has to round mine up or down depending on what the point was, for example 99.3, it really confuses me but I think I will stick to mine if there both saying the same

Hi. The pharmacist I go to has scales that weigh in kgs. For my initial weigh-in, the pharmacist noted everything down in kgs. The second and third times I went, the pharmacist was busy so one of the staff weighed me, but they have a guide provided to them for changing kgs into st/lbs. Ask your pharmacist to do this for you - it's the least they can do and won't take long to do.

With regards weighing yourself, 'they' do state not to constantly weigh yourself (which a lot of people seem to do). It's best to only weigh yourself once a week, at the same time of day, under the same circumstances, i.e. wearing the same clothes. Weighing yourself constantly isn;t a good idea and we get discrepancies that could make us feel worse - like weighing in at 6lbs difference. Try and find a pharmacist that has electronic scales as then it's not down to personal interpretation.

Back