scan bran challenge

biggysmalls

Too big to fail
Anyone ever done this? Our (stand-in) consultant has set us the challenge of 5 scan bran a day for a week. Now I wasn't going to bother as I normally can't eat the stuff but I've just searched for ideas on old posts here and someone suggested softening it in boiling water and then adding sweetener and milk and microwaving it...Well I did this and then decided a banana would be nice in it too and actually, it was quite nice. Well, comforting, to be precise.
And I do need to try new things; my weight loss journey has been very unsatisfactory of late, most recently because of parties/holidays/weddings/weekends away/general living it up!

So, any Scan Bran fans out there? I must say I am amazed when people tell me they like to eat it as they would eat crackers....Now if that's not proof that we all have different tastes, I don't know what is. It took me about twenty minutes to eat 1 slice this morning...

Is your consultant not shifting enough packets of Scan Bran then? Maybe they have been told to come up with exciting ways to increase sales of its deliciously cardboardy goodness.

That said, I did take some as part of a picnic to Alton Towers and had some mexican vegan pate on it, and they were nice. Took a LONG time to eat, but I guess thats half the fun. If someone can let me know what the other half of the fun is, that would be truly magnificent.

Ha ha, I must admit I did wonder if the consultant has a vested interest in shifting the stuff. Mind you, she did tell us it was pretty minging but she reckoned it was good for weight loss.
I didn't buy any - I had two packets of the stuff in the cupboard which I wanted to use up. In fact I can't think of any food stuff that survives as long in my cupboard. If I had the munchies, Scan Bran is the last thing I'd reach for:p

Haha, the packet I took to Alton Towers had been there about 5 weeks. I think I bought them either my first or second week at group.

I read an old post about a lady who said she and her husband swore by Scan Bran for excellent losses. I'll let you know. I would say that I struggle with HEXs......I think cereal (HEXb) and cheese (HEXA) are actually my fave foods in the world and sometimes I get greedy with them. Maybe a few days with my new scan-bran and hot milk concoction would do me a bit of good xx

Does it taste like weetabix when mixed with hot milk and sweetener?
I like my scan bran spread with nutella and served with a cup of tea so i can pretend I'm eating chocolate biscuits!!!

I would say it's more like All-Bran than Weetabix but not too bad. Consultant also said to be sure to drink lots of water too or else it can cause bloating. I'll finish off the supplies I have and see if I buy any more.
Nutella....I think I'd end up licking it off the scan bran!:D I once ate a jar of Nutella in one very unhappy day when I was an au pair stuck in France....don't tend to buy it now!

Can I be annoying and ask what Scan Bran is? I've heard of it before, just never found out exactly what it was... it seems to get mixed responses from people! xxx

Can I be annoying and ask what Scan Bran is? I've heard of it before, just never found out exactly what it was... it seems to get mixed responses from people! xxx

Scan bran is like a cracker but it's quite dry & the taste is like nothing else you have ever had before.

Personally I like scan bran & either have mine with cheese or yoghurt & fruit.

I love the sound of nutella, will have to find out the syns first to see if it's worth it.:p

Nutella is 4 syns for a tablespoon. Used it with my scan bran to make SW ferrero rocher for taster night last week!

Unfortunately could taste more of the scan bran than the nutella!!

has anyone done the scan bran challenge b4??

wondered iif anyone had done the scan bran challenge b4 - 5 scan bran every day for a week? - do u really get good weight lose by doing it?? thought it may be an idea for me to try it - since its a good source of fibre and being pregnant im certianly finding i need more if you get what i mean!!! - so id love some ideas of what to actually do with the scan bran too to make it more edible:D

Wow, i have never even heard of that one hun. I dont know much about scan bran, but personally i could not eat 5 a day! but then i dont really like em! xx

i think they are quite dry from what i remember - i love all bran though so think its prob the closest thing to it so i should be able to do it

wondered iif anyone had done the scan bran challenge b4 - 5 scan bran every day for a week? - do u really get good weight lose by doing it?? thought it may be an idea for me to try it - since its a good source of fibre and being pregnant im certianly finding i need more if you get what i mean!!! - so id love some ideas of what to actually do with the scan bran too to make it more edible:D

That would definately make you go, wouldn't it? Have you done a recipe search on here, or on the SW website?

well today i ate 5 for lunch topped with generous helping of marmite and my healthy extra of reduce cheddar grated - it was actually really nice - and yes i know for a fact it will make me "go" so to speak lol as all bran is good and its double the fibre content almost lol - heres hoping for a good weight loss this week - i wondered if i could use them as a roll alternative and perhaps do and egg and bacon and some ketchup sandwiched between them or is that a bit weird ??

Back