Scan bran challenge

Hi all how is it going so far?!
so far so good here, given up on eating them with philly now and just soaking them in hot water to mash then adding to huge bowl of fruit and yogurt once cooled down, yum, really filling! this is day four and after initially feeling bit bloated feel much better now, loads of water is definately key, drinking around 2 litres a day at moment, both really helping to flush things out! sorry so honest but think they are working, see if the scales agree when i weigh in wed!!

kimmykins2008 said:
Hi all how is it going so far?!
so far so good here, given up on eating them with philly now and just soaking them in hot water to mash then adding to huge bowl of fruit and yogurt once cooled down, yum, really filling! this is day four and after initially feeling bit bloated feel much better now, loads of water is definately key, drinking around 2 litres a day at moment, both really helping to flush things out! sorry so honest but think they are working, see if the scales agree when i weigh in wed!!

you really do need to be drinking loads of water with them. my C always says if you don't it has the opposite effect!

i used to eat it with sliced banana for breakfast at work and always though it helped my weightloss. but ever since it chipped one of my back teeth I've been scared to eat it!

how much hot water would you soak it in? I think I would eat them again but only when softened. I also seen a ferrero rocher recipe for them that I'm tempted to try.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

emsie14 said:
What kind of losses have people had switching to scan bran as their HEB?

I did the scan bran challenge last week and lost 2lb which I didn't think was worth it really considering I'd lost 1.5lb every week for the 3 weeks before. Wouldn't do it again, was sick of it by the end and didn't even get a big loss!

Some people actually find they gain when doing it so there are no guarantees. I had some a couple of days this week and I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. Just wondering if it's related. I drink 3-3L of water a day, drink peppermint tea and take probiotic supplements so shouldn't be having any problems. Weigh in tonight and fully expecting a bad result. :(

I did the scan bran challenge last week and lost 2lb which I didn't think was worth it really considering I'd lost 1.5lb every week for the 3 weeks before. Wouldn't do it again, was sick of it by the end and didn't even get a big loss!

Some people actually find they gain when doing it so there are no guarantees. I had some a couple of days this week and I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. Just wondering if it's related. I drink 3-3L of water a day, drink peppermint tea and take probiotic supplements so shouldn't be having any problems. Weigh in tonight and fully expecting a bad result. :(

Thanks for the info! Patchwork best of luck you could surprise yourself! Might not do this by the sounds of things I don't think it will help much! :)

Iv been eating scan bran but just using as syns rather than using my b! I have 2 in the morning, put a little boiling water on then top with 2 weetabix with milk then microwave, then top with fruit. That's two eaten without realising!!
Iv been having around 4 a day and last week I lost 4lb, so for me it def makes a difference!!x

I've also been doing the scan bran challenge since Wednesday. I normally eat 2 a day anyway, but now it's 5.

So far I've had it as croutons in my tomato soup, with choc Philly and strawberries on top, dipped into boiled egg as soldiers, with curry on, as a kind of poppadum or naan bread... I think that's it??

Anyway I'm getting more used to them, hoping for a good loss this week but it's star week so will do the experiment for 2 weeks to see how it all pans out

Fingers crossed for Wednesday xxxx

I've heard about some seriously good losses doing this!

I normally do eat 5 scan bran a day anyway but I don't think I've been drinking as much water as I need to so I'm gonna continue eating them and drink more water and hopefully I'll keep on track and the weight will keep coming off.

Good luck to anyone taking part in the challenge :D

maz24 said:
What is scan bran and where do you get it in supermarket

Can I add it tastes like cardboard, but it helps with the weight loss!!
Iv started eating it will cadburys Philadelphia and banana, that's about the only way I can tolerate eating it!!x

Good luck with the scan bran challenge, I'm tempted to do it next week if I don't have a loss next monday so let us know how you get on. I do hate this stuff but when I eat it I do lose well on those weeks so I just force it down x

I always just make a breakfast cake with it? Egg yog grated carrot options sachet sweetener and nuke it to the death lol top with the rest of the yog and chopped fruit.

Back