Scan bran didn't work for me :(

LisaC

Gold Member
I bought some scan bran last week after reading up about how good it can add to your losses. I made the SB curly wurly cake & between Friday & Monday I used some of my syns to have 5 a day with cottage cheese. I've only lost half a pound this week which I'm really disappointed with.

I've eaten as normal with fruit etc. I had read on here in more than one thread that scan bran is meant to pretty much guarantee a 2lb loss.....I guess not, and I worked so hard :(

Scan bran isn't a miracle weight loss tool, it can't by itself guarantee a 2lb loss!

It depends on what else you ate last week, your activity levels, espeicially your fluid levels (if your eating scan bran you need to drink alot - otherwise you'll clog up :rolleyes:).

It may just be a delayed thing and you might see it come off next week.

Congrats on your weight loss this week :)

xx

Half a pound is half a pound!! Maybe you will see the benefit of it more next week. I know it's frustrating but everyone is different and perhaps that method doesn't work for you. You are obviously doing something right for you judging by your great weight loss so far. Keep smiling!!

It would be really silly to 'guarantee' a 2lb weight loss just by eating scanbran- otherwise we'd all be at target!
It might show next week at WI, but there are other factors to consider, as has been said before!

I agree - make sure you drink plenty when eating lots of scan bran!!

If your wanting to help along your weight loss & give yourself a boost - have you tried a fish week??? There was a thread on here quite a while back & those eating fish for a whole week were getting some amazing losses.

I think sometimes all you need to do is re-jig a little, maybe mix things up, if you do ee then maybe more red or green days.

At the end of the day you DID lose - so any loss is better than again imo x

Thanks ladies. I've never before tried anything that has been "proven", I know what works for some doesn't work for others. Its only that I read on some threads about a "guarantee" which I thought was odd but guess I wanted to believe it :/ In honesty I don't think I've drank enough this week. I've done a lot of exercise & eaten well as usual so maybe the liquid amount is it. I have a weekend away for an anniversary party this weekend which means I can't stick to it 100% which is probably why I was disappointed with such a small loss this week, as I may end up gaining next.

If your wanting to help along your weight loss & give yourself a boost - have you tried a fish week??? There was a thread on here quite a while back & those eating fish for a whole week were getting some amazing losses.

I think sometimes all you need to do is re-jig a little, maybe mix things up, if you do ee then maybe more red or green days.

I'm a veggie so no fish for me, but thank you for the suggestion. I used to love Green days but found I was eating way too much so I'll stick with EE & try to drink more, I'm sure I'll see a benefit from Scan Bran at some point. I could eat it everyday-I seem to be the only person who loves it ;)

I think the idea that you lose weight if you eat scan bran is a myth and it is probably a combination of lots of factors.
Plus I honestly don't see how eating scan bran cake will help as it isn't exactly full of goodness.
I like scan bran but just have it with quark or cream cheese.
You can still do red days not eating fish as quorn and tofu have the same values on red green or extra easy. Although I eat fish I am trying to do veggie red days as well as I only eat a little fish which I am forcing myself to eat.

Maybe if you eat only scan bran!!!

There are other factors to take into account like others have suggested like what else you have been eating, exercise, water consumption etc

Plus its a scan bran 'cake' it still contains calories!! :)

Imagine how bad you'd have felt putting ON half a pound.

A half pound loss is still a loss, don't put yourself down.

For scan bran to work i think ideally you need to be having it as part of a meal and replacing other less 'speedy' free foods or hex. A woman at group was similar to you disappointed with her scan bran week. But she realised she had eaten it as a snack along with her usual meals. She had replaced her usual snacks of super free fruit which are also speed foods with it, and she put the amount she lost down to this. I hope this makes sense. I think what im trying to say is just eating scan bran on top of what you normally would wont change much. But perhaps having it with a free topping for lunch instead of what you would normally have might work better.

For scan bran to work i think ideally you need to be having it as part of a meal and replacing other less 'speedy' free foods or hex. A woman at group was similar to you disappointed with her scan bran week. But she realised she had eaten it as a snack along with her usual meals. She had replaced her usual snacks of super free fruit which are also speed foods with it, and she put the amount she lost down to this. I hope this makes sense. I think what im trying to say is just eating scan bran on top of what you normally would wont change much. But perhaps having it with a free topping for lunch instead of what you would normally have might work better.

I used my syns to have 5 in the evening with cottage cheese on top. I made sure to eat fruit after but by then I was fairly full. I think maybe I'll try having in place of a meal & see if that helps x

I added scan bran to superspeed soup (also claimed by some to lead to miraculous weight loss), or had it with cheese spread and had 5 pieces a day for 2 weeks as part of meals.

I also drank at least 2 litres of water every day (made sure I got through AT LEAST 4 500ml bottles of water each day)

Along with usual food optimising thoughout the week, 5-15 syns a day etc.

Result - lost 0.5lb the first week, 1lb the second - not exactly mammoth losses. After that I went on holiday and gained 4lb, this week gained 1.5lb.

So certainly didnt work at the time for me, and didnt seem to be storing up for a delayed result either. Cant say I noticed any difference in the bathroom dept either if you know what I mean...

Its not like I'm new to this and making rookie mistakes either (I had been at target for a while when I tried this but wanted to lose a bit to get to lower end of range - have lost over 3 stones on the way to target)

I do get really jealous of those who say they have lost tons eating scan bran etc, as it just doesnt seem to work for everyone.

I really think everyone should think about how it makes people feel if it doesnt work for them before stating stuff like "I guarantee you will lose with this" etc. Just understand that not everything works for everyone, and it can be quite demoralising to people when it doesnt.

Our bodies are not machines - they will not react the same to every situation every time, or exactly how you think they should - how many times have you seen people have unexpected losses after a so called bad week?

Sorry if that comes off a bit grumpy - but I am grumpy at the mo - I wish to god this did work as I've been out of target range for a couple of weeks now, and was at the higher end of target for a while before that - if I could just eat a bit of scan bran and lose 2lbs a week I'd be thrilled, but it just does not make any kind of miraculous impact on me.

i eat scan bran, i find it keeps me regular as i am normally quite bloated without it. if i know that i am regular then i feel better in myself.i cant eat bread as it really does bloat me, and all the superfree i eat. its just a good source of fibre and i have to make sure i drink plenty. otherwise it does the opposite of what its supposed to.
i have never had a 2lb loss with it though, my average is half a lb with or without scan bran. taken ages but its still the same goal in the end. keep at it :)

How do you do ee as a veggie? Isn't it just a green day with half the HEs?!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I'm a veggie so no fish for me, but thank you for the suggestion. I used to love Green days but found I was eating way too much so I'll stick with EE & try to drink more, I'm sure I'll see a benefit from Scan Bran at some point. I could eat it everyday-I seem to be the only person who loves it ;)

:confused: You've completely lost me on this one!!! :confused:

If you're a vegetarian how/why are you doing EE???

Green are the only days that suit you and you are only having 1 HE A&B on EE, really doesn't make sense!!

vanilla_cupcake said:

Green are the only days that suit you and you are only having 1 HE A&B on EE, really doesn't make sense!!

I'm confused too. Thought I was missing something when I read that. Maybe youre doing yourself out of some hx here.

Lisa said she felt she was was eating too much free food on green so EE helps with her portion control. There is no reason why she should not do EE even as a vegetarian - you just don't eat any meat. Green is certainly not the only days that can suit vegetarians - some even do the odd red day if they want to to be strict with carb portions.

Back