Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

scan bran help?????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lupuscow, 30 May 2010 Social URL.

1. lupuscow

lupuscow Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    Can someone please tell me what a scan bran is and where i can get some and what value they have ie syns or HEX's. Thankyou and sorry for my dimness:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xxtannyxx

xxtannyxx i will be slim

Start Weight:
    33st1lb
    Current Weight:
    30st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(9.07%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    You can only get them from s.w class!
    and you can use them as your heB

4. kimi31

kimi31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Holland and Barrett stock them too...
    I bought some about 2 weeks ago and they are just sitting in my cupboard...
    waiting for inspiration....

5. lupuscow

lupuscow Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    that explains it then, i don't go to a class, just go it alone with help from you guys! Never mind i have survived 30years without scan bran, so i guess i can carry on. Just hate to think there is some food out there that i haven't tried, i am a real foodie you see, not one food stuff i can think of that i don't like!

6. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I bought some at the last class I went to, and they are sitting on the side waiting for inspiration to strike me so hard I really want to eat them. It hasnt happened yet! I cant say they look very exciting. They are basically Ryvita in appearance.

7. DebbieMiller1981

DebbieMiller1981 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(17.29%)
    Diet:
    Sw
    Scan bran is a very good idea if you suffer from constipation like many SWers. It can br purchased from group or also in Holland and barratt.
    It's used in a variety of ways on the plan;
    5x SB as HEB
    also many other HEBs say you should have 1 SB with them. eg. 28g of porridge with 1 scan bran.
    Or they are 1/2 syn each although I have heard a rumour that they have or are going up to 1syn each.

I have mine with marmite or cottage cheese on, or soft cheese and cucumber etc. I also like making them into scan bran cake which really helps with fibre intake.

They crunch like ryvita but much less taste- bit like chipboard on their own but if used with other food, can really be rather tasty. (Scan bran cake is lush!) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.