Scan bran. How much is too much???

giraffegirl

Is there such a thing as too much of this stuff? I have developed a huge addiction to marmite and cheese scan bran loaf over the last few weeks and am a big concerned that it may have the *opposite* effect of what it should!
Any thoughts???

As long as it is within your syns/healthy extra limit it won't harm your weight loss- in fact a lot of people say scan bran speeds up theirs!
But, variation is a good idea whatever diet/plan you follow. As long as you get plenty of variety elsewhere, and are Sticking to plan, you should be fine :)

That sounds lush, can I have the recipe please?

Of course!

5 scan bran mashed with 4 or 5 table spoons of boiling water, add a crushed weetabix, 3 beaten eggs, 28 g grated cheese and 2 heaped teaspoons of marmite - mix well and shove in microwave in a tupperwear dish for 5 minutes on high. Deliciousness personified!

mmm, sounds lovely, think im going to give that a whirl.

how many syns or HEB choices would that be? is it half = one HEB choice and a HEA for the cheese?

I like the sound of it.

If you used the cheese as an HexA and the scan Bran as an HexB, then you would only have to syn the weetabix, at 3 or 3.5 syns (2 weetabix is 6.5 Syns)

I made the curly wurly scan bran cake yesterday ready for the cinema tonight :) Cut it up into small cubes and the whole thing is 12 syns! On the downside, I ate the remaining scan bran on its own and it was disgusting! Like cardboard. Would never eat it on its own again...yuck!

Of course!

5 scan bran mashed with 4 or 5 table spoons of boiling water, add a crushed weetabix, 3 beaten eggs, 28 g grated cheese and 2 heaped teaspoons of marmite - mix well and shove in microwave in a tupperwear dish for 5 minutes on high. Deliciousness personified!

Do you know what the whole syn value for this is?

I ate loads one week, but cut back again quite quickly again, i needed a boost - hard to eat though

Back