Scan Bran - I like it!

Im gonna have to try some of this!

We had a discussion about it at group last week and the majority of ladies said it tasted "yuk", a couple more said they cooked with it, and as PuppetWich said she crumbles it into her soups. I bought some this week from group, and had 2 of them today with a cheesy triangle when I had my salad lunch. I really liked them, found them much more filling than ordinary crispbreads, but I doubt I'd be able to eat 5 in one go. I haven't heard of the challenge will have to go hunting for it. wouldn't want to do it though if that was all you were allowed on it. x

I find them filling too! I have 3 for breakfast and 2 at teatime

I really want to do the scan bran challenge, but I just can't stomach the stuff, tried a handful of recipies all different aswel no good x

Yes it's 5 a day for your HE.bs. for the challenge. I had 3 for breakfast, couldn't eat 5 all at once definitely. Can't do the challenge this week, as I only bought the one pack to try. Also someone on the actual thread said you'd got to drink lots of water...am not a water lover, so hopefully tea, lemon and NAS drinks will be ok xx

Not too much info, but think it's had an effect on my "inner workings" have had awful tummy ache...........but now relieved!!
:sigh:
Have only got 2 left but ordered some from H&B last night BO-GOHP, so will try the challenge when they arrive. xx

Last edited:
Thanks, I will x

I bought two packs of scan bran and finally got around to making a cake .....,, it was minging had to chuck it out!! Any suggestions of what to do with all the rest I have left other than using it as sandpaper!

I bought two packs of scan bran and finally got around to making a cake .....,, it was minging had to chuck it out!! Any suggestions of what to do with all the rest I have left other than using it as sandpaper!

Grill it before eating it, it changes the whole texture. I usually grill it with my hex of cheese and top it off with tomato x

What results have people had from doing the challenge? I started it yesterday and so far so good! It certainly seems to be doing what it's supposed to! Not sure it's helping me lose weight but time will tell!

I like mine with yogurt and banana on top and today I had them for lunch with home made mackerel pâté and pickled onions, was lovely. I actually quite like the stuff and its very filling so stops me snacking :) xx

5 scan bran
4 tbsp Nutella
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp water

break up the scan bran into crumbs (use a food processor) add the water to help break them down.

Warm the nutella and syrup in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and add yo the scan bran.

Mould into small balls (makes around 15-20) place on a baking sheet in the fridge for at least one hour.

Hey presto you have something that resembles a very famous chocolate in a gold wrapper.........

they are only 1 syn each BONUS

Tried scan bran for the first time today and really enjoyed it - had 3 with dairy lea triangle, tomato and turkey and 2 with total 0% Greek yogurt and strawberries.

Back