Scan bran = oat bran?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by wisewoman, 1 March 2011 Social URL.

1. wisewoman

wisewoman Member

Hello,

I have just picked up a bag of Mornflake Oatbran in Morrisons It's loose and looks a bit like crushed oats. I read somewhere that this is the same as scan bran. Can someone confirm that please.

Also, in scan bran recipes they often say X ( where x is a number)scan bran. As this oatbran is loose, how many grams is equivalent to one scan bran bar.

Thanks,
    Melissa

Last edited: 1 March 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    nope, not the same thing at all..

what are the ingredients of this "mornflake oatbran"?

however, 28g of "morkflake oatbran" is a HeB on all plans and oat/scanbran is 5 for a HeB

4. Derbynanny

Derbynanny Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    oatbran crispbread is similar to scanbran and is sold in health food stores and SW groups. They are both very hard high riber crispbreads and can be used interchangeably in recipes but scan bran is much higher in fiber.

The cereal you have is completley different but as coljack said is a healthy b

5. rebecca1608

rebecca1608 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(11.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It is the oatbran that can be bought from Class/Healthfood Shops that is similar to scan bran. Sorry! would be good if it was

6. wisewoman

wisewoman Member

The ingredients say simply "pure mornflake oatbran 100%" :)

I made a chocolate "scan bran" cake with it and it tasted jolly good! I used 10g to equal 1 scan branbar in the recipes I found online.

Thanks,

Melissa

Last edited: 3 March 2011
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.