Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Scan bran (Sorry a bit long)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Stubbz, 28 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Stubbz

Stubbz Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi to you all, Ii am new to Slimming World, well have been a menebre for 9 weeks. I am new to posting on here as well. Although I do read the posts everyday and have found the information and recipes really useful. I am after a little advise.

I have lost 7.5lbs in nine weeks nad have weigh in tonight, I only lose 1 a week and would like a bigger weightloss and I am sticking totplan 99% of the time. My biggest downfall is on WI day, i tend to eat food I shouldn't on that day.
    I thought I might try Scan Bran, does this really help weight loss. I also try and follow extra easy, although this week I have had red days for 5 days and a green day for the other.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far, well done.

Scan Bran is recommeded by SW because it is almost pure fibre.....which is good for us I know, but the Scan Bran is a bit of an acquired taste, it looks like a roofing tile and tastes like plaster board.....

But, it is very filling and you can put sweet or savoury foods and spreads on it to make it more palatable.

A word of warning though, it does tend to 'bung' you up a bit at first until your 'gut' get's used to the extra fibre - I have found that 2 Scan Bran a day it just right for me, and I have begun to enjoy the 'nutty' taste of them now.

So good luck with your Scan Bran, I suggest you only buy one packet until you have tasted them.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope this has been a help to you. X

4. Stubbz

Stubbz Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you Donnie46, I might just give them a go but go easy on them at first, following your advice.

Many thanks

5. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Your welcome Stubbz. X

6. CazBurt

CazBurt Boozy Bird

Diet:
    Attempting Slimming World!
    Does it actually speed up your weight loss? That is what my leader claimed last week. I'm tempted to give them a go too (especially now I've spotted the recipe for Fererro Rocher! :))

7. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Scan Bran seems to work but you have to drink LOTS of water, or it has the opposite effect.

8. GracieMai

GracieMai Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going to give this ago as well. I need something in that department, stopping smoking appears to have stopped me going to the loo aswell whoops! x

9. CazBurt

CazBurt Boozy Bird

Diet:
    Attempting Slimming World!
    Cheers for the tip Scarlet Daisy. I'll bear that in mind......

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.