• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Scan bran (Sorry a bit long)

S: 16st3lb C: 15st7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35 Loss: 0st10lb(4.41%)
Hi to you all, Ii am new to Slimming World, well have been a menebre for 9 weeks. I am new to posting on here as well. Although I do read the posts everyday and have found the information and recipes really useful. I am after a little advise.

I have lost 7.5lbs in nine weeks nad have weigh in tonight, I only lose 1 a week and would like a bigger weightloss and I am sticking totplan 99% of the time. My biggest downfall is on WI day, i tend to eat food I shouldn't on that day.
I thought I might try Scan Bran, does this really help weight loss. I also try and follow extra easy, although this week I have had red days for 5 days and a green day for the other.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
S: 22st0lb C: 19st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 55.1 Loss: 2st7lb(11.36%)
Congratulations on your weight loss so far, well done.

Scan Bran is recommeded by SW because it is almost pure fibre.....which is good for us I know, but the Scan Bran is a bit of an acquired taste, it looks like a roofing tile and tastes like plaster board.....

But, it is very filling and you can put sweet or savoury foods and spreads on it to make it more palatable.

A word of warning though, it does tend to 'bung' you up a bit at first until your 'gut' get's used to the extra fibre - I have found that 2 Scan Bran a day it just right for me, and I have begun to enjoy the 'nutty' taste of them now.

So good luck with your Scan Bran, I suggest you only buy one packet until you have tasted them.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope this has been a help to you. X

S: 16st3lb C: 15st7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35 Loss: 0st10lb(4.41%)
Thank you Donnie46, I might just give them a go but go easy on them at first, following your advice.

Many thanks

Does it actually speed up your weight loss? That is what my leader claimed last week. I'm tempted to give them a go too (especially now I've spotted the recipe for Fererro Rocher! :))

Scarlet Daisy

Hungry For Life
S: 15st0lb C: 10st8lb G: 10st8lb BMI: 23.2 Loss: 4st6lb(29.52%)
Scan Bran seems to work but you have to drink LOTS of water, or it has the opposite effect.

GracieMai

S: 11st8.5lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st8.5lb Loss: 0st7.5lb(4.62%)
I'm going to give this ago as well. I need something in that department, stopping smoking appears to have stopped me going to the loo aswell whoops! x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 0
Slimming World - Recipe Request 0
Slimming World 3
Slimming World 1
Slimming World - Overseas 0