Scan Bran virgin - what to eat it with?

alexisemma31

trying to speed things up a bit.

I've never has scan bran before but am going to buy some when I go to class in a minute. What's the best way of eating it? Is it a HEXB?

It is a HEXB. :) I think you can have 5. One syn each otherwise. The best way to get them down is with LOADS of spready cheese. Or in a scan bran chocolate cake.

I love making the scan bran choccy cake with banana thrown in (synned ofcourse) nom nom nom x

it resembles compressed grass / cardboard and has a taste to match..
very hard but also very absorbent.. so dunked in something works well or crumbled up into something..

it is quite versatile in as far as peoples ways to hide and disguise it into something remotely appetising..

it is also a required part of some of the HeB's that would otherwise be lacking in fiber to make it a valid HeB, such as 28g of fruit 'n' fibre and 1 oat/scan bran..

a woman in our group adds one to poridge to add fibre to it..

I tried it for the first time today, had two broken up into beans and laughing cow cheese, and then my other three with laughing cow cheese and salmon, was suprised how nice they were are even my consultant said they were hideous! x

ohh wow, you can make cake with it. urmmmm. Is it kinda like the dark rye rivitas as there nice. Will go hunt it down tommorow when i go into town. As if i can make healthier cake the girls will be happy lol

Cake recipes...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=64060976496&topic=10790

I have only tried the carrot cake and it is amazing - like Christmas cake. I cut it into 8 and freeze it. Only 1.5 syns a piece. I have it with cottage cheese mixed with orange zest. Sounds manky, but I love it!

the only way they can possibly be eaten as they are, is with a good inch of chocolate spread on the top - but I guess that isn't the idea of them really!!! I crumble and mix into things, so you eat it without realising. They not too bad with tinned toms on them so they go all soggy. But I have to say they take some winding down with plenty of water.

Helen xxx

I don't think Scan Bran is SS, is it not just FF?

Anyway 1 tbsp of Nutella melted in microwave mixed with 5 scan bran that you have blitzed in the food proceesor, form in to wee balls and pop in sweetie cases and chill until set SW Ferrero Rocher... and you get lots for 6 syns and a HEb

xx

they are good as a "base" to put a SW "fry up" on..
they soak up the juice from the tom's and beans, and runny egg...

i have 5( hexb) with 5 laughing cow light cheese triangles( hexa) cherry toms sliced and cucumber and freshly ground black pepper :D

That is how I use my heA & heB each day Natasha.... very filling and I like them.... the Oat version are nice too....90p per packet at class
Purplesky... can also be purchased at Holland & Barrett who more often than not have buy one get one 1/2 price deals across the store.

xx

Ohh that sounds nice and you can eat that many of those little cheesey thing wow, why havent i actually done this plan before. I'm not calling it a diet anymore as it clearly far beyond a diet. Cant wait to pick up the books tommorow and start properly.

I can't believe I am admitting this (and I know it makes me seriously odd) but...

My name is Sockmonkey and I like scanbran. As it comes, on it's own, completely plain.

I just had to get that off my chest.

I can feel that scan bran IN my chest... just stuck there. In a lump... gulp...

lol

quick - get me some water!!

Lx

trying to speed things up a bit.

I've never has scan bran before but am going to buy some when I go to class in a minute. What's the best way of eating it? Is it a HEXB?
Ive more to lose but reached my thre stone last week. Have you tried scan bran cake or wurley cake. Not completely free but make a nice sweet.

Back