Scan Bran

Wendi

After reading a thread on the merits of scan-bran and weight-loss, I purchased some over the weekend. As I weigh on a Monday, I waited until today to try it so I can see if it assists in increasing my weight-loss.

I can 'hand on heart' say ....... I love it! It reminds me of melba toast. I had 5 pieces (HeB) with LC onion cheese and sliced egg. Will definitely experiment with more toppings and will search the forums for different recipes.

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I would definitely encourage others to try it.

I intend to have it every day this week; either as a HeB or syns, and see if it helps or hinders weight-loss. I'll then post an update to this thread.

Look forward to your update! I might get some on Thurs!

I eat 4 pieces everyday and the weeks I do not eat it I certainly notice the difference!

And I love scan bran with egg mayonnaise on it.

My consultant said that the ones she has in the class are changing soon. The new ones will be 1 syn each rather than 0.5 syns, so if you want to stock up, do it now.

Once hers runs out, she has to order the new stuff.

My consultant said that the ones she has in the class are changing soon. The new ones will be 1 syn each rather than 0.5 syns, so if you want to stock up, do it now.

Once hers runs out, she has to order the new stuff.

ooo maybe theyre nicer?? i like the old one but i have to have a couple of glasses of water with them.

I am getting some tonight as my C had run out last week as there was a stampede to buy them after she mentioned how they 'increase' losses.

I got the new packets from H&B. They are 1 syn each or 5 for a HEB.
The packet is still 100g but there is 1 less scan bran in the packet so the others are slightly bigger.
I like scan bran and I love scan bran cake.

We can compare losses and see if it does help! :)

I keep meaning to buy this!! I will try and buy some this week to see if it'll help me next week!

Fingers crossed - even if I don't lose, I'll continue to eat it as it's not bad !!

Ive never had the courage to try it so i eat ryvita instead, will be interested to hear if you lose or not though!!

Perhaps it's just the shape of the scan-bran that reminds me of melba toast ... lol

I also quite like it :eek: but I didnt see the resemblance to melba toast :D

I have 2 scan bran (well oat bran actually) crumbled over 1 weetabix for my breakfast with grapes and a muller light. It seems to make my breakfast loads more filling than if I had 2 weetabix. I did it last week and had a 4lb loss, but in fairness I ate practically nothing at all for 3 days due to a virus last week! I did buy some more oat bran bars last night and will be having the same breakfast all week - will let you know if this week's weight loss is any better than my normal 1lb a week....

Yup - I bought the new pack from H&B at the weekend. 10 slices per pack for £1.09 (100g pack) and 1 syn per slice (22 cals for those interested).

I noticed that some of the slices are quite a bit thicker than others, so must be something in the manufacturing process.

I also like mine with egg mayo on. Or cottage cheese. This week I had one broken up and mixed in with my porridge and banana. That was uber-fibre brekkie! lol!
I wouldn't say I love them, but I do quite like them. Has to be something wet, as I find them really dry...but they do work!

Good luck with your scan bran mission!

I've tried searching for these on the H&B website, but I can't find them. Has anyone got a link please?

Back