scan bran

cep

Can anyone tell me what scan bran is actually like, My C was trying to get me to buy some the other day by telling me how wonderful the cakes are with it. What is it actually like and are the recipes any good? Or is it just cause we buy it from her?:rolleyes:

hmmmmmm what is scan bran like????? on its own its not the tastiest thing youll ever taste lol its a bit like a massive bit of all bran cereal if you were eating it dry!!!! well at least thats what it reminded me of lol. however.............. mixed with a bit of treacle and some nutella it makes the most scrummy 'ferero rocha' (think ive splet that wrong) but they are dangerously moreish. ive havnt made the cake yet but ive written the recipe down and plan to do it soon, just as long as its nothing like the chickpea cake as that was horrible!

you'll either love them or hate them... personally i love them and yes they do make good cakes imo.. Buy a pack and try them :)

I recently did a full week having 5 scan bran a day as one of my Hexs. They are fine if you top them with something, and taste a bit like the dark rye ryvita. One thing to note is that they will get soggy reasonably quickly so you couldnt put something on the top of them and then leave it for ten minutes and expect them to not be soft.

I actually dont mind them, and they are particularly good if you suffer with SW bum-bung like so many of us have done. :D

It's okaaaaay, very filling if eaten after drinking water! The Fererro Rochers taste nice, not made any cake. Yummy with some nutella, nicer than with soft cheese... Hurts your jaws after a bit if you eat more than 3 (that's the way with me!) and just extremely filling if you have liquid at the same time, seriously! xxx

I recently did a full week having 5 scan bran a day as one of my Hexs. They are fine if you top them with something, and taste a bit like the dark rye ryvita. One thing to note is that they will get soggy reasonably quickly so you couldnt put something on the top of them and then leave it for ten minutes and expect them to not be soft.

I actually dont mind them, and they are particularly good if you suffer with SW bum-bung like so many of us have done. :D

Hey MLM, did you have any better losses?

Agree with the bum-bung thing! xxx

I personally love them - really filling and adaptable to sweet or savoury and excellent as MLM has said for helping the digestion along! Do try them, and drink plenty as they swell in your stomach and leave you feeling full for a long time.
I have them 2 - 3 times a week as a HEB.

I couldn't eat them plain, but they are crunchy and delicious with toppings like these (my 2 faves):

2 slices of lowlow cheese (HEA) and 2 tbsps of pickle (2 syns)

Splenda sweetened quark, 2 tsps of strawberry (2 syns) jam and a chopped banana

You also don't have to buy them from your C either - I get mine in Holland and Barrett and someone posted they got the oat version in Waitrose!

xx

Last edited:
I love the scan bran cake and I have a piece most days, it's really helped me stick to plan on difficult days too.

Thanks everyone, i'll get some and try it. I'm intrigued by the ferro rocher idea. love the originals.

i like mine with laughing cow/dairylea triangles spread on then topped with a slice of ham! and a chopped up apple on side.
i find them good on difficult starvin marvin days as as said they are very filling and i have them in two lots....3 for one snack/meal and then two later on....5 in one go would be impossible.

I've had my best losses since trying Scanbran. I don't think I could eat them with a topping on though like a lot of people do! I break mine up (4) and soak them with HEx A milk, add a weetabix for my HEx B, then tons of fruit and sweetener. I tried having them with an options like a chocolatey porridge, which I saw recommended on here, but only enjoyed the first few mouthfuls!

I've only tried the ginger cake which was ok, my C has a recipe for chocolate fudge cake which I desperately want to try!

I think if you try them, you've got to give them a chance - I wasn't at all keen at first but now I've got used to them they're fine!

Back