Scan day :-)

No don't worry, I'm only buying a trial pack first (with the council's money) and giving them a go. I've got a few packs of new born disposables already, and looked at all the various reusables around, read various forums and can see that some work for some and not others and vice versa. Resusables can be fairly cheap depending on what you go for.

But I'm under no disillusions that they may not work. But I'd rather give it a go first especially if the council money covers a trial pack. A close friend (who I'd never have even imagined having kids!) uses reusables and they're so easy to use. Our washing machine is less than a year old (even has a baby and toddler clothing setting on it!) and very efficient, so I'm confident on the cost saving.

I can but try :)

Hi Sarah,

my close friend has used "real" nappies with both her boys with no problem, except for at night time, and so from early on she used a good disposable overnight. One a day is not so bad, and if not used the boys would wake up wet during the night. Her youngest is still in nappies. she soaks them in tea tree solution.
Fantastic news about your scan - congratulations on your boy news:)

Thanks octavia :) I've thought about that as a possible solution. The reusables I'm looking at can take a couple of boosters so I'm hoping that possibly I can use a thicker type at night and a lighter type during the day (obviously all depends on the LO anyway!), or I'd end up using disposables at night. One of those see how things go :)

Back