Scared and crying? Not anymore, here is the new me! I AM BACK!!!!

Elie

Silver Member
Hi everybody!

I am 24 and I have a lot to lose. I have always been more or less chubby, but in the past 4 years, I have gained 8stone. 8 stone is the amount I need to lose if I want to be healthy. I am so scared to start a diet. I have already done it, but the task seems unmanageable :( And yet you have no idea how inspiring you all are. You truely are wonderful women/men :eek:

I can't even explain what I am feeling, the words won't come out. I just am disgusted with myself. And I suffer a lot physically because of my obesity (psychologically as well, but this is not the main issue).

I really hope that I have found a nice place where to go and chat to keep me going. I don't have the choice anymore, I need to lose weight or my health is going to get worse.

I am sorry for my bad grammar. I am so depressed when I talk about my weight, and I feel so overcome that I can't write (or speak)properly. Hopefully I will cheer up after a good night sleep :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading.

Elie

Welcome aboard Elie :)

8 stones does feel like a lot to lose, believe me as someone with a LOT more than that to lose I know how you feel. I found it helps to set little targets to start with, ones that are attainable within a few weeks. It really helps keep you motivated.

Have you decided which diet youre going to do??

Hi Starlight!
Given my bad history of very low blood pressure, I cannot do a very low calory diet. I am going to be followed by my GP and re-learn how to eat food in a healthy way and do more physical activities. So it is going to be small step after small step for me, as if I go too quickly my GP warned me that I would have serious problems. Anyway, I am eating so much at the moment that eating 1500 cal/day is going to reduce my calories intake by 50% (this is how bad it has become)

I really like your idea of having mini goals. I think my 1st one will be to lose 10 pounds. I know it doesn't sound like much but I don't want to be over-ambitious :eek:) I feel much better now that I have a "plan".

Your weightloss is impressive. You guys are so strong. You really are good role models.

Elie

Hi Elie. Welcome

Small steps are steps in the right direction. You CAN do it hun, keep posting and let us know how you are getting on. We are all behind you xxx

What I do is change my goals from lbs to stone... my last goal was 9 stone, my next one is 130lbs, after that itll be 9.5 stone, most of it is less than half a stone at a time but its nice to know its achievable :)

Get a ticker set up on your signature too ;) Youll be amazed how satisfying it is to see it move along.

Be sure and post on Minimins often, I couldnt have got this far without everyone on here

Best of luck *HUGS*

Hi Elie and welcome to our Community :D

Starlight has some great advice here above and she really knows what she is talking about!!

I hope you have a browse around the site and see just how many of us are dealing with similar feelings and thoughts to yours. You are definitely not alone and I hope that comes across in things you will read from other members and the level of support we give each other.

Just look at my weight below. I need to lose around 8 stone.

Lacey xx :D

Hi Elie

Welcome welcome!!

I think we have all felt some of what you are feeling, it is so daunting when you first start out. As others have said break it down into bite size chunks to make it more achieveable and celebrate everytime you make one of your mini goals. Minis is a great place to find support so post often.

Good luck with your journey, look forward to getting to know you better.

Georgie
xx

Hi Elie,

You have definately come to the right place for help and support.

At my biggest i was a size 26 in my mid 20's and i really wish that I had lost the weight then and not waited until i was mid 30's.

Yes 8 stone is a lot but you CAN do it. The trick is to take it a stone at a time. Thas what I did and I'm still going. I've lost 5.5 stone and still have 3 to go.

Keep posting on here it really does help

Jo xx

Hi Elie, You have already done the scariest thing by deciding to go on a diet and doing something about your weight. It is very admirable and everyone is behind you 100%. I have put on about 4 stone over the past 3 years and kept kidding myself that it wasn't happening. Food has always been a great comfort to me, but I have found that by coming on here helps pass the time and you forget about food. I get upset/embarrassed talking about my weight with other people, even my OH so its great to be able to come on here and no-one knows you and everyone is in the same boat as you.

I wish you lots of luck, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Hey... Firstly, atleast you have taken the first step to take a look at your weight and do something about it. 8 Stone is definately not impossible to lose... You will come across barriers and you will have days where you just want to give up, but if you're determined to lose the weight for yourself... and to improve your health, you will see it drop off in no time.

Its unfortunate that you are unable to do a VLCD because this is the quickest way to lose weight, however... time starts now so how about getting yourself prepared for your journey by just reducing calories and eating slightly more healthily?? (if your intake is roughly 3000kcal a day, how about reducing it by around 100 calories a day until you start your "proper diet"...)

Whichever diet you choose, start it with full throttle and kick some butt on the way! You'll feel so much better as the pounds begin to drop!!

... Oh and btw... 8 stone better be achievable because I've got about another 8 stone to go and thats AFTER already losing almost 4 stone!!!

Good luck xxx

Thanks to all of you! You all look so nice and encouraging! I am so happy I have found this website! It is hard to talk about your weight in "real life". I always try to hide it. I managed so well hiding that I even forgot about it...until nature got back to me with health problems.

I shall make sure to post everyday if possible. I am so happy I found people who found a solution to the same problem as mine, it makes me feel like I can succeed. And I WILL! :) I am a very stubborn person, you see :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all your nice messages :)

I shall keep browsing the forum. Some stories are truely inspirational.

Elie

Thank you to all of you for your kindness. I am determined to start. I will just have to try not to obsess too much about the scale though :p

If you are anything like me you will be on the scales every 5 mins the first week. trying so hard not to go on this week so when I get weighed it will be a complete surprise!

Hi and welcome Elie.

I think that what you are feeling right now is what almost, if not all, of us on here have felt at one time or another.

I completely agree what the others have said about small goals. Breaking the whole down into small amounts makes it so much more achievable. Find a couple of items in your wardrobe that are a bit too snug right now and see them as a mini target. Sometimes we lose weight and change shape in a way that the scales just don't show, but finding something fits better than it did a few weeks ago can be very motivating and help convince you that you're on the right track.

Don't forget to drink loads of water too - it helps fill you up, helps your metabolism and aids digestion.

Good luck and I hope to see you back posting your first loss very soon!

A
x

Hi everybody!

My first is good so far!:D I have been eating very sensibly and drinking a lot :cool:. I just am VERY hungry at around 6pm, so I need to find a solution. Do you think I should eat an apple in the afternoon? I was once told that apples are really good to supress the sensation of being hungry.

Thanks for all your messages.

Elie

PS: I have so kept away from the scale :whistle:

SO glad your first day is going well - well done!!!First day is always the hardestI sometimes find that apples make me hungry, but may not be the same for everyone.Water does help keeping the hunger at bay

I have just finished eating my dinner :D And I was ever so good :D:D:D:D

I am writing down everything I eat, and how I feel about it, to show my GP. I have a bad relationship with food, and writing about my felings when I am cooking/eating really helps!!

I chose the weekend as a weekly weighing time :)

MAN I AM IN A GOOD MOOD!!!!

Back