Scared of putting weight back on...

Jmac14

Hey all... I have tried to update my stats/profile but wont seem to allow me to do so on my mobile app.

I have been on exante for 2 months and had 1 week off .. I started at 12.6 after having my baby and now I am at 10.5... it has been hard but really you begin to realise it is all habit and when other half eats you want to eat....

What I am worried about is when I come off exante will the weight just pile back on quickly? ... 2 stones was my goal at the begining but I am considering tqking a week off again then going back on for another month to try and get to 9.6.

How did u all find coming off the diet?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I did another VLCD 3 years ago and by following the refeed week carefully, and going straight to Atkins/low carb eating I maintained that loss for two years (actually I lost another half stone over that period). So it's totally doable. I had a totally different relationship with food over that whole period. Unfortunately I felt that I was invincible at that stage, and allowed carbs to creep back in, so sadly over a year I regained everything I had lost (about 3 and a half stones), which is why I've ended up back on a VLCD! I would love to say lesson learned, but I'll just try to be vigilant and not repeat the experience. Maybe the memory of the taste of tomato and basil soup will be enough! :8855:

I would suggest you start to read the Atkins forum here - it's really great there, people will help you with menus etc. Whatever you plan good luck with it. You've done brilliantly - you started around the same time as me - hasn't it flown? :D

I did 3 months and then took 3 weeks off as I went on holiday for 2 weeks. I totally splurged and have come crawling back to Exante almost a stone back in the wrong direction!! Although, I did take 2 weeks to re-feed before I came off the diet in the first place and I still kept low carb, only on the last couple days did I take in more carbs than the packs give you. So basically I don't have the answer lol, I can't honestly say that had I not been on holiday I wouldn't have out weight back on. I'm still learning so hope this thread might shed some light for me too ;)

Might check out the Atkins stuff now :)

Sam it is so the way to go - get the book and have a look - it's so versatile once you get your head round the daily cheese ration, LOL! And get over to the Atkins forum - lovely bunch there and I'll meet you there in a week or two! :)

Forgot to say - be sure and read Kat1e's diary on the Atkins forum here, she's the poster girl for the low carb way of life. :)

Thanks Waterworks! I've just search Atkins recipes as well, they have pancakes, muffins, waffles and all sorts of other stuff for breakfast.. amazing! Defo need to spend more time looking into this lol!

Maintaining is harder than the blinking diet! I have had no exante meals for about 3 months now. It's harder now than it was then...I use my fitness pal. that app is a great help. i like the way meals r grouped! if i am honest with myself i am able to see that it is time to stop snacking. i come here to the forum to get inspiration. i move more:)! i walk everywhere. not a fan of the gym but it does help. I also weigh myself once a week at least as I found that the weight gain happened because I wasn't aware of it happening till it was too late. If I am informed then at least I can do something about it. I initially lost weight whilst maintaining but now at the same weight for the last month or so. I hope I manage to keep it off. If anyone else has any tips on what they do that helps pls let us know. Everything helps!! & good luck allxx

Back