scared of refeed etc

KIKI FT

hey all i dont know if i am the only one to feel like this but while i was starting lt and during it all i could think of was can not wait to come off this and start eating normally again well healthly again, but now i am doing my last week and will start refeed on friday all of a sudden i am flapping like mad, am nervous scared having panic dreams and all that. Last night i dreamt i had come off lt and went out and ate loads and i mean loads and in my dream i was fighting the food but i could not stop it. silly i know but i feel i am now scared of food. Its been 7 weeks and i have not had to think of food or anything like that but tried to avoid it, now i have to start eating again and panic.
Has anyone else felt like this and how have u delt with it.? :confused::confused::confused: I think in my mind i am really scared that all that stuff u hear that after such diets ure body is in famin mode and metabolism has slowed down so the minute u put food in it grabs it and hold onto it for dear life. One of my friends did lighter life and lost 4 stone now she is 5 stone over weight she lost the 4 in 6 months and put on the 5 in 2 she is now on depression medication and a part of me thinks it should have been a warning for me but now i am here and i have done it what will the future hold for me. The refeed leaflet also scares a bit and lets u know u r still a fat person but just in a small body and one slip and u r back to square one

I know its a heavy one for saturday morning but need some help specially from those who feel the same or are refeeding:tear_drop::tear_drop:

Hey hun, I know exactly how you feel! Although I am only just into my third week of LT I am like you and continually think about food and when I can come off it! You have done brilliantly to have lost all that weight in just 8 weeks, and to have had the willpower to keep going for all that time. I am just hoping I can, too.

I mentioned to the GP that is supplying me with LT on my first visit that I was worried about what a vlcd would do to your metabolism, but unfortunately he seems to be little more than a salesman and couldn't provide me with any reassurance. There is so much bad publicity about these kinds of diets, and it seems to me the only way to actually keep the weight off is if you live on about 1000 cals a day! I'm hoping I've got the wrong end of the stick about this but it really worries me too.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you hun, but just wanted to say I understand how you feel. Hopefully someone more experienced in the ways of LT will be along to help soon. Good luck with refeed and let us know how you get on. x

I know what you mean but Im deffinatley now going to through off the security blanket of LT and going to totally relish that fact im eating again, I have brain washed my self that im no longer going to be fat not now, not ever.I cant bloody wait while Monday tea time.
As for the dreaming I keep dreaming about dunking digestive biscuits but when I pull them out of my cup there is no tea or biscuit to be seen lol

Fattothin - you've done so well, I'll be interested to read how you get on. I don't start CD until 2nd July (after holidays) and am lurking here to see how people cope.

It will be a walk in the park and im going to enjoy every minute of refeed. Bring it on lol

You certainly are not alone! Having read peoples posts for a few months now this is VERY common. Most seem to feel it but after a week or two off TFR they realise that they be up 1lb one week and down 2 the next, it balances out. It is true if you go back to eating the way you did before then you WILL put the weight back on but I think after TFR for more than say 4-6 weeks you realise that you don't need that much food. I am hoping I have broken some of my comfort eating habbits now too. I have had a lot of occassions in the last 2 months when I normally would have dialled a pizza to deal with things or to be honest had a beer but now I know I can deal with anything without either!

So chin up.....be proud of what you have achieved and be like Gaz and look forward to refeed and enjoy it. I too hope to refeed in 6 days and I have bought several low fat cookery books and am planning my meals and things I will try. When I start to eat again I am going to try and have a new relationship with food. It will be something I enjoy but not something that controls me!

And keep posting here hun! We will make sure you don't fall of the healthy wagon!

Thats totally normal to be terrified ofhisry ones who are most likely to succeed in maintaining your weight

This will be my 3rd week eating and i dont eat any of the bad stuff I used to. I know if I do ill go back to the way I used to eat

You need to change your diet completely and I found that was the best thing about TFR gives you time to think about your down falls

I feel like im jumping the gun since i have barely been on the diet but i think the wy i look at it is reprogramming yourself like everyone says. Food is only fuel its a matter of survival. Its not a friend, its not a partner, and its not your mother, its not a holiday or trip to the park or a game of tennis. Its something we do to make sure we can do these things and enjoy them. I know I enjoy food and love eating it but i hope i will try enjoy something like fresh fish and fresh veg and do the real enjoying of swimming with my little boy in the sea rather than stuffing a burger and chips and a cream bun in my face and just watching my son swim.

Bet all you lot on refeed will be sensible and do just fine when the time comes

well said...

I feel like im jumping the gun since i have barely been on the diet but i think the wy i look at it is reprogramming yourself like everyone says. Food is only fuel its a matter of survival. Its not a friend, its not a partner, and its not your mother, its not a holiday or trip to the park or a game of tennis. Its something we do to make sure we can do these things and enjoy them. I know I enjoy food and love eating it but i hope i will try enjoy something like fresh fish and fresh veg and do the real enjoying of swimming with my little boy in the sea rather than stuffing a burger and chips and a cream bun in my face and just watching my son swim.

Bet all you lot on refeed will be sensible and do just fine when the time comes

very well said xoxo

Back