Scarlett to target one day at a time

He said it will rid me of it quicker I can sweat it out but couldn't cope with it any more.

Yeah will get the paint out I think tomorrow. Anything to distract them, almost Friday, kind of!

Mike got in and started making eggs which got my mouth watering and actually wanting to eat for the first time today. Had cheesy (a1)scrambled eggs on toast (b1) with tomato and beans.
Have used a bit of milk in tea today (part of a2) and no meat so it's a green day. if I do get peckish again later have another b to use. Maybe some cereal or porridge.
Am def feeling better with the paracetamol, might even make the pie I was going to make and put it in the fridge for tomorrow or Friday.

That's great you are feeling better. I remember calling out of hours Dr for Nate and they were saying give calpol to bring down the temperature, don't try to sweat it out. I kniw it is because he is a child, but it isn't really the best idea for an adult either I should imagine. Glad you have wanted to eat something. It isnt strep throat he had was it? Yum cereal for dinner. Every now and then I fancy cornflakes with sugar and ice cold milk.

I'm not sure if it was strep throat, I did look up my symptoms online and it sounded exactly like it. It came on really suddenly and was accompanied by headache, achy joints, high temp etc.
Still feel like I've been run over but the paracetamol def takes the edge off. I thought it was a weird thing for the doc to say but thought I'd give it a go and won't be trying that again!
Yeah for children a high temp can be much more troublesome as they don't yet have the physical capacity to regulate their own temperature. That's why febrile convulsions are quite common in little ones, if temp gets too high they fit as a way for the body to shut down and "reset" enough to bring it down. Much safer to keep it down but I suppose in some cases adults can sweat it out. If I didn't have to work I'd prob have persevered.
Mmm haven't had cornflakes for ages. I've got bran flakes which will be nice with cold milk. Yummy!

Morning all, still feel rubbish but back at work. Pretty sure my neck is twice the thickness it usually is and you can see my tonsils poking out they are so big. Got lots of pain killers and throat spray to get me through!
Still not feeling much like eating but trying to make an effort.
Had porridge for breakfast hex b
Having a coffee too with hexa milk.
Have got some pasta with me for lunch but not sure. Will see if and what I fancy at the time.
Finally watching beauty and the beast. Love this film so much. :)

hey hun glad to know your feeling a bit better and youve still stuck to plan, well done you and hope you feel 100% better soon. I'm having a disney day too ;-) xx

Thanks girls x
Well today has turned into a rare red day for me. Didn't fancy my pasta at all and found some multi grain ryvita in the cupboard so having 3x ryvita as my 2nd hexb, one with a thin smear of ardennes pate (about 2tsp, 3 syns according to book) with cucumber and the other 2 having tomato puree, sliced chicken breast and cucumber. Had lots of fruit this morning too.
Dinner will prob be hexa cheese omelette with tinned tomatoes if I fancy it. Throat was feeling of after all the numbing but think the ryvita was a bit scratchy for it! Time for more painkillers thank goodness!

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoying my impromptu red day. Just had an omelette with tuna and cheese hexa2 (mike pulled a face but tuna melt- hello?!) with tinned tomatoes.
Rarely have red days cos I can never think of what to have but think ill try and include a few more next week.
Need to do a new meal planner and shopping tomorrow or sat morning. My omelette tonight was instead of tuna jacket potato but other than that had everything on the list. Chicken, leek and broccoli pie is made and in the fridge ready to be topped with potato for tomorrow's tea. I know Saturday will be Sri Lankan chicken curry again as having a girly wedding planning night with mikes future sister in law and she has requested it after me talking about it before!

Feeling much better although keeping up with the painkillers seems to be key. Was feeling so woozy driving home I had to pull over. Worked out I had missed my last paracetamol dose and my temp had shot up again so took it there and then and sat in the car for 20mins till I felt a bit better. Won't do that again!

Weather here was gorgeous this afternoon, will make sure we get out in it tomorrow as its staying for the weekend apparently! :)

Mike out playing football tonight so having a shower and pj tv night.

Syns for the day have been pâté 3syns, fromage frais 2syns, croissant (moment of weakness this afternoon!) 8syns

Yeah not too bad, just worked out my weekly syns so far and got 31 left to last till the end of sunday. could be better, will have to keep it really low tomorrow and Sunday as I expect quite a few will be needed on Saturday!
Ooh custard tart sounds good...might have to indulge soon!

Yeah it's going ok drinking more, still can get to lunchtime without having anything but I've been trying to make up for it in the afternoons. Seem to always be in the lol so that's a good sign I've upped the liquid!

Haha I did debate the tuna omelette for a good while wondering wether to have it on the omelette or on the plate. Mike was going "its egg....and FISH!" He really didn't like the idea lol. It was good though! Need some new ideas for red days, will go trawling diaries soon! X

Thanks hun xx
Feeling positive despite the gain.
Plan/food so far for today
Breakfast- banana, shreddies hexb and part hexa milk.
Lunch pasta n sauce with added carrot tomato and pepper.
Dinner will be chicken, leek and broccoli pie with a potato /sweet potato topping.
Syns to a minimum as I need more for tomorrow but I might have a martini or 2 tonight (max 5 syns) x

Hope that's why fran and it will fall off next week!

Lunch was nice but so full now! Was just getting the girls ready to go for a walk in the sun and it suddenly clouded over and started chucking it down so that plan went out the window. Mum boss took the car seats with her this morning so can't go out.

Last edited:
Day ended up really nice and dad boss was in his very roundabout way saying how pleased they are with me, think mum boss just over thinks everything..

Anyway potatoes on to boil for pie topping, just had a sneaky taste of the filling which I made the night before last so its been sitting in the fridge getting yummy since. Really hungry so can't actually wait for it!
A biscuit slipped Into my mouth earlier, 4syns, dammit.. Might go and get some diet coke and save any drinking for tomorrow to save syns. Night in with mike who is already on the beer, but he feels rubbish now so walk is postponed again. We will walk twice next week to make up for missing this week.

Last edited:
Omg this pie is amazing! (Even if I do say so myself!) so tasty will def make this again!
The top was 1/2 normal and 1/2 sweet potato mash and think the filling has got nicer the time it's had to sit. Just fried up an onion, 2 leeks, 2 big mushrooms about 6 frozen broccoli florets, 2 chicken breasts then added 300ish mls of chicken stock, splash of Worcester sauce and about 2tsp tomato puree and simmered for 40mins.
Writing it down more for me as I def want to make it again but feel free to nick- delish!

ForumRunner_20130412_190032.png

Back