Scarlett to target one day at a time

Hi just popping to read your diary and subscribe, starting my own out! Well done so far :)

Dinner looks tasty and easy to make ! :) x

Aww thanks fran, it's a bit of a heap next to mikes but it gets me around!
As part of mikes deal with his car he had a protective finish put on to keep it shiny and got an expensive car care kit free with posh car shampoo, all the different cleaners and a protective wax stuff. Will give my little blue baby some care this weekend :)
Want to eat dinner again it was so good!
Ended up a green day but went over syns, had some chocolate that I shouldn't have had so total is 21 today :( weekly synning this week so will balance it out later in week x

Morning!
Not much of a clue for food today as mum boss home and we are taking the girls out somewhere for the day but no idea where so don't know if I can take lunch or not.
Might take fruit in my bag and see when I get there, most places we are likely to go will do a potato I'm sure!
Will have beans and tomatoes on toast for breakfast to keep the rumbles at bay, and hope we go somewhere lunch friendly.
Will prob make lentil cheddar bake for dinner with salad and sweet potato wedges. No planned syns as trying to keep them low to make up for yesterday but will spread the extra out across the week if I need to use more for lunch.
X

Rubbish, just been told the plan for the day is cinema and pizza hut! *cry! *
Never been to pizza hut but guessing it's not sw friendly, any tips on what to have? Off to check the eating out forum now too :(

You could have the Pizza Hut salad buffet? X

Well that was a mission! Mum boss spent the whole time loudly complaining that there were loads of empty tables and we had to sit on a high bench (all the tables were reserved) properly kicked off so the staff were really snotty with us and don't blame them! As for food she paid for us each to use the buffet, they had no tomato pastas, only a bolognese one and a cheesy one so I had a couple of plates of salad but I did succumb to a tiny slice of cheese pizza (prob 1/10 of pizza). Will check my book for syns later.
Hard work isn't the word with mum boss here! it's odd that it's like having 2 1 year old rather than 2 4 year olds. They both massively regress when she's around, using dummys, demanding to be carried everywhere. I say no cos they are simply too heavy, she complains about her back but never says no. I don't get some people she makes life 10x harder for herself.
Just as well I don't usually have to deal with parents during the day I'd go mad. Or grey. Or both!

Lol. Very true! One woman at toddlers gets battered by her child. I swear to got if Nate hit and kicked me the way her kid does her he'd have a sore arse! There are plenty of chairs that could be naughty chairs. Nate played up once and I just left him to howl he soon learned, first and last time!

You may as well have a little of what you fancy :) sounds like you need it with mum boss around!

I just don't see why it's so hard, keep giving in and they will never stop the behaviour. Say no once and mean it and yes, as you said nate did you get a tantrum but if you stick to it they will soon get the message. Don't get me wrong she is a nice woman, I like her hut she is massively making a rod for her own back. Just glad the girls don't try it with me! Think they did once and realised it wasn't working so they gave up lol.
Other than the pizza hut horror it was a really nice day, we went to see the croods which was good. Mum boss was pleased to see the girls were happy to sit with me (we got there late and had to sit apart) and had a game of hide and seek when we got home. Maybe I'm not very good at it but I just couldn't see her anywhere! :)

ForumRunner_20130409_174940.png

Been a green day today, lentil cheddar bake and sweet potato wedges in the oven and salad on the plate ready to go. Feel starving!
Checked the book for pizza syns and it gives them per 100g which is helpful as I took my scales with me... *rollseyes* anyway it was only one slice and I'll just take the value for 100g which is 12. Won't have any more today just incase!
Think I'll claim the bedroom for holby tonight. Usually send mike upstairs while it's on so I can watch on the big telly but want to get into bed so I'll have to get my binoculars out :
8)

Ooh, that's great the girls wanted to sit with you. I think it is harder when they are your own because they get in your bloody nerves the whole time. Lol. When you have them for someone else you get to give them back and go home. I'm the same with my nieces. I know I get to give them back after a few days. Also they form habits so gradually as a parent you might not always see what an "outsider" sees. There will be stuff like Nate gets far too long for cuddles at bedtime and he gets his milk in a bottle not a beaker, but they work for us. And one niece has her bottle with her constantly when her mum's here too. When she isn't she gets it at nap time and bed time like Nate. Except I give Nate his, then when it is finished I take it away, but she gets hers in bed with her for the night. So basically it's a pain but we are all guilty of it to an extent. Because my niece hasn't ever been allowed to keep her bottle all day with us it is just not a habit she has at our house. Does that make sense?

Love the hide and seek pose! I played it with Nate and the girls but only the older niece really understood - we were playing it at her request so she should understand.

Dinner sounds lush. I hate the 100g thing too! I don't know what 100g of anything looks like! Let me know how dinner is.

Yeah I know it's very different as a parent and im really not as judgemental as I seem honestly! lol. It is frustrating though when you see just how different the children are with their parents around sometimes . You can get intelligent conversation out of them and I do constantly but as soon as mum walks in they are making baby noises that she responds to. They didn't even have dummys till 6 months ago apparently, never had them as babies but they asked for them and were given them... Odd to me anyway but so nice that we've formed a nice bond already. They are such sweeties :)

Dinner was lovely, nice and filling which is what I needed as I was starving!
How are you feeling now? Feel like I've got something starting but I hope not.

If you have eat I had you will start off feeling like you have a hangover.

I don't think you sounded judgemental hun. I hope I didnt sound like those snots who go "you can't know you're not a parent!" I hate those. I was just trying to say bad habits can sneak up that you dont even notice because you have it all the time (a bit like people developing bad habits on sw and not even noticing) and because your own irritate you constantly for stuff you might give in more. She does sound like a bit of a numpty with the dummy situation! Nate didn't want a dummy, nor was he a thumb sucker, so I dodged a bullet there. I was a pain for dummies though apparently so it is a real pain to break that habit down. Do they have them when you have the girls on your own?

No they don't even look for them when I'm there but the minute mum gets in they climb up her, start whining and go "me wanna cuckoo" which is what they call their dummy. They can and do speak in polite and complete sentences usually, please and thank you, the lot lol. I totally get about the habits though. This is way beyond habits they don't notice though, just turning a blind eye to it, maybe they want them to be babies forever.

Do feel a bit like that, headachey, tired, sore throat etc. Decided to catch up on the soaps then shower and bed and I'll watch holby on Thurs when mike plays football.

Was going to prep tomorrow's dinner but don't think I can be bothered! Will just do it when I get in. Having chicken, leek and broccoli pie topped with potato.
What was your dinner? X

Back